Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder what Liverpool would do if Salah makes it absolutely clear that he will leave for free next summer if they don’t give him what he wants and then another PL club comes in with a huge offer this window. For instance, if Chelsea throws a bid in for between £80-100m and it’s either that or lose him for nothing a year from now would they accept it?
Even a club as dim as Chelsea wouldn't bang 80-100m on Salah this summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably too soon to tell but Luis Dias already looks like a very good Mane replacement. Wouldn't count on them yet falling into obscurity. That'll happen when Klopp leaves more than any player.
Obscurity is certainly silly talk (although a fair few were bandying such talk around last summer!).
But dropping a bit of a gear wouldn't be an outrageous prospect. Mane has been a big player for them this season, particularly when Salah dropped off last 3 months.

::sonny::

Probably too soon to tell but Luis Dias already looks like a very good Mane replacement. Wouldn't count on them yet falling into obscurity. That'll happen when Klopp leaves more than any player.
The replacement are very good but not at their level at the moment

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That was Calderon, it's basically like your Woodward :nervous: Yeah, doesn't check does it :lol:

Aaaaaanyways. We're not signing Salah this summer. Doubt we'll be interested next summer either. Rodrygo is next to explode like Vini
Mbappe still hurts huh ? Players reject clubs all the time. Move on :lol:
Never. How dare he :lol::lol::lol:
If you consider early project Newcastle as "smart" money, I do not think i'd want much money guidance off you dear sir. :lol:
Not what i meant :D
But also, they did sign Bruno Guimaraes and Trippier, are chasing Botman...other than Woods and Diego Carlos(who isn't bad per se anyways), they've been pretty smart so far

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I can see a lot if draws for Liverpool come next season as salah definitely has a temporary drop off in form in him and without mane no one can fill up his place.
Unless Diaz just knocks it out of the park.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Your rabid fanbase needs a new toy every year to be silenced.
He's not going to silence anyone, he talked shit about us and no one wants him here or would be excited about him as he's not that good and rather old.

Pickle85

He's not going to silence anyone, he talked shit about us and no one wants him here or would be excited about him as he's not that good and rather old.
He is very good though...to say otherwise is just deluded. He's probably top five player in the world at the mo.

Member 101269

I can see a lot of draws for Liverpool come next season as salah definitely has a temporary drop off in form in him and without mane no one can fill up his place.
Unless Diaz just knocks it out of the park.
Agree; the whole team looks shattered, theyve been fighting on too many fronts under the "constructed" belief they're the best that ever was and ever will be. They'll not get a break this summer and Salah's head/form is way off. The aging squad, not money and player(s) leaving that without equal replacement 3rd or 4th next season. It could be worse for them with a couple of injuries.

Reactions: Fortitude

choccy77

He’s on £200k and Liverpool offered a 15% increase.

They are tight. They offered nowhere near £400k. That’s why Salah wants to leave.
Liverpool have said they will not break their wage structure, that's why Mane is leaving as well.

Salah & Mane going in one window would be huge and with Mane clearly being the aggressor to leave, Salah is probably playing it smart by seeing out his contract now, staying popular with fans and getting a big payday when he moves (providing he gets form back)

choccy77

After Salah rejected new terms which would have seen him earning £400,000 a week Liverpool’s owners were fearing the worst and that he would allow his current contract to run down making him a free agent in the summer of 2023.

That is the most stupid thing a paper has ever written

Liverpool never offered him 400k a week & if they had, he would have signed :lol:

Now they saying he will sign for less?

Journalism at its finest

copen1945

So, I guess there is a good chance that Mo will see out the final year of his contract, which will be just lovely. Hopefully, his stance creates uncertainty, resentment, and a little bit of toxicity. I don't want to need to wish Man City to a league title. I would like Liverpool to have as little chance as possible, all on their own.

K Stand Knut

Mbappe yes. Not sure about Haaland. He's always been more likely to end up in England, although perhaps he might have gone to Spain for a few years first.
Why??

He hasn’t joined a big club. This stepping stone allows him to earn his maximum at the moment whilst giving him the option of two huge Spanish clubs in the future whilst probably increasing his earning potential

Haaland will end up at Barça or Madrid in the future.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe yes. Not sure about Haaland. He's always been more likely to end up in England, although perhaps he might have gone to Spain for a few years first.
By all reports Haaland's preference was Spain. It's one of the reasons why City moved so quickly, they didn't want to risk having to compete with Real Madrid for him

GlasgowCeltic

Why??

He hasn’t joined a big club. This stepping stone allows him to earn his maximum at the moment whilst giving him the option of two huge Spanish clubs in the future whilst probably increasing his earning potential

still think they both will end up at Madrid

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Why??

The English league is much bigger than the Spanish league in Norway. His father spent his career in England, with Erling obviously spending a lot of time there growing up. By far the biggest Norwegian football star (until Haaland himself) was Ole who spent most of his career in England. Haaland himself said when he was younger that his dream would be to win the Premier League with Leeds.

The Spanish clubs will always have a big advantage when it comes to players from latino countries. But outside of those countries, it's more even with plenty of areas favouring the PL.

That's not to say that Haaland won't go to Spain. I fully expect he will, as it's always seemed likely that he wants to follow the Zlatan route of moving around and playing (and winning) everywhere. But I expect England will be where he ends up playing for most of his career, either with City now or with a move to Spain for a few years before coming back to England again (possibly back to City again, possibly elsewhere). I could end up proven wrong, but that's my expectation. Then later in his career he'll start looking at Italy and/or back to Germany.

choccy77

Interesting little tit bit,

Whilst Salah has been shopping around (pre Mbappe decision). Mane privately told Liverpool he was leaving a few months ago, Liverpool immediately went looking for replacement & asked Salah to stay & be open to discussion on a new contract.

At present Salah, still on course to leave once contract expired, unless someone offers Liverpool a decent price.

This would explain, Liverpool seemingly quick action on replacing Mane.

United on the other hand, have known for a year who is leaving etc, & only started discussions on transfers recently.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Interesting little tit bit,

Whilst Salah has been shopping around (pre Mbappe decision). Mane privately told Liverpool he was leaving a few months ago, Liverpool immediately went looking for replacement & asked Salah to stay & be open to discussion on a new contract.

At present Salah, still on course to leave once contract expired, unless someone offers Liverpool a decent price.

This would explain, Liverpool seemingly quick action on replacing Mane.

United on the other hand, have known for a year who is leaving etc, & only started discussions on transfers recently.
Well a year ago we didn’t know who our manager would be. Did we even know that woody was leaving?
The new manager has a different style from the last one so buying a load of kick and rush players wouldn’t suit

choccy77

Well a year ago we didn’t know who our manager would be. Did we even know that woody was leaving?
The new manager has a different style from the last one so buying a load of kick and rush players wouldn’t suit
But most clubs now, buy who they want, the manager is secondary.

United seem to have gone from signing the most expensive flops gifted to us by Woodward, to panick buying players to fit into a managers style who they constantly sack.

That's why we need a proper transfer system in place and a very good DOF

Sparky Rhiwabon

United seem to have gone from signing the most expensive flops gifted to us by Woodward, to panick buying players to fit into a managers style who they constantly sack.

The fact that we have suddenly become very interested in De Jong, out of nowhere, suggests that this is still not that case at United

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I was replying to a comment that inferred we should have known our targets a year ago. My point is we didn’t have this structure or this manager in place back then

choccy77

I was replying to a comment that inferred we should have known our targets a year ago. My point is we didn’t have this structure or this manager in place back then
Would it really have made a difference this season though if we had?

Maybe next summer & summer after things will improve, they can't get any worse you'd hope

choccy77

Sports bible carrying a story with a couple of sources via The Mirror & The Sun that Liverpool have put a £60m price tag on Salah to leave this summer as they still cannot agree on a new contract that has been ongoing for over a year.

Salah has not budged on wanting £400k a week wages.

Rather than lose him for nothing, the club will try to sell and cash in.

Let's see if and who will pay £60m for him.

croadyman

Sports bible carrying a story with a couple of sources via The Mirror & The Sun that Liverpool have put a £60m price tag on Salah to leave this summer as they still cannot agree on a new contract that has been ongoing for over a year.

Fancy swapping scouse for manc Mo?

MUFC OK

Imagine if they sold him and bought Antony :lol::(

Status
Not open for further replies.