Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

All the teams are buying ball-carrying midfielders except United.

Plastic Evra

West Ham had a weird window but if they can find a striker and... a LB I believe ?... They did pretty good in the end. Will probably keep Paqueta until this betting thing is adjudged, may still sell him well next year and they have Kudus to not be naked whatever happens to the Brazilian.

Moyes might or might not go farther than this season but the team seems usable for another coach but has enough pieces for our former Chosen One with the increased set pieces lethality.

Plastic Evra

Also I think West Ham fighting in the relegation zone last season was a massive outlier for the Moyes era. Expect they'll be annoying to play this year.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rice got his big money move to Arsenal and Paqueta if not for his betting investigation would have moved to City as well. I don't think it will have any impact if the player is good. Kudus is more like an attacking midfielder, not a winger. A release clause similar to Haaland is a very good idea for all the young players.
Types of players, Moyes is a decent manager but I have 0 faith in him with a player like Kudus. He's not a winger as you say... We'll see how Moyes uses him. Maybe he'll replace Paqueta, but also just their style if play is nowhere close to what suits him. He needs that more than some others.

GlasgowCeltic

where will he play, Moyes will give him the Cornet treatment before he plays him ahead of Bowen

Plastic Evra

where will he play, Moyes will give him the Cornet treatment before he plays him ahead of Bowen

"So you can play many positions huh lad...?"
Edit : I read Moyes had his sights on him last year already...

Last edited:

jadaba

He’s bagged himself a hat trick tonight in Ajax’s Europa League qualifier against Ludogorets inside 50 minutes.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Was this guy signed by Ten Hag? You'd think he'd be all over this.
He was signed by Overmars and Marc called him his best signing rating him over Neres, Antony, Martinez and Alvarez as the player that would make the most money out of a transfer. United kinda screwed over that prediction with Antony.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Great talent. Isn’t he joining West Ham? I’d of thought he’d wait for a bigger team… surely someone bigger than West Ham would want him.

Plastic Evra

I don't think the big clubs came for him yet but he wants a release clause. If he does well at West Ham he'll have that PL proven stamp.

Matt851

Great talent. Isn’t he joining West Ham? I’d of thought he’d wait for a bigger team… surely someone bigger than West Ham would want him.
He would be better of going yo Brighton than playing under moyes

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He would be better of going yo Brighton than playing under moyes
Absolutely. They play much better football which would probably suit him. I still think if he hangs on though one of the big teams will go in for him.

Judas

Open to offers
I'll wait for another source to confirm this, without wanting to set off the team for and team against Romano, he's got so many Here We Go's wrong this summer.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
I think Kudus is destined to eventually go higher than West Ham, bit in the meantime he is heading to a club that is playing in the Europa League, 3rd successive season in Europe now with a trophy in one and a semi in the other, in London in a 60-65k stadium and probably on a decent wedge.

I dont think we are a bad place to end up for a couple of years before one of the real big boys come along for him if he Impresses in that time.

I'm pleased with how the Rice money has been spent, providing we get this over the line we have added probably 10-15 extra goals vs last season, which should be enough to get us at least into the top 10 and given Europe might go as low as 8th this season, puts us in the hunt for it again.

matsdf

I'll wait for another source to confirm this, without wanting to set off the team for and team against Romano, he's got so many Here We Go's wrong this summer.
Has he though? Name examples please.

Stadjer

I think Kudus is destined to eventually go higher than West Ham, bit in the meantime he is heading to a club that is playing in the Europa League, 3rd successive season in Europe now with a trophy in one and a semi in the other, in London in a 60-65k stadium and probably on a decent wedge.

I dont think we are a bad place to end up for a couple of years before one of the real big boys come along for him if he Impresses in that time.

I'm pleased with how the Rice money has been spent, providing we get this over the line we have added probably 10-15 extra goals vs last season, which should be enough to get us at least into the top 10 and given Europe might go as low as 8th this season, puts us in the hunt for it again.
Im not happy about that. It should have been used on Maguire and McT :(

I wonder if Moyes is able to use Kudus in an effective way. If you had to name a dinosaur manager in the EPL it would be Moyes and Kudus is not a dino style player.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
A midfield with JWP, Paqueta, Kudus, Soucek, Edson Álvarez are pretty good. West Ham should have enough fire power to aim for a top 10 finish. The Rice money is pretty well spent on paper for now. Probably need another forward as Scamacca replacement.

-Supreme-

A midfield with JWP, Paqueta, Kudus, Soucek are pretty good. West Ham should have enough fire power to aim for a top 10 finish. The Rice money is pretty well spent on paper for now.
If only they could be a tad more ambitious by bringing in both McT and Maguire to challenge for a top 4 finish

Plastic Evra

A midfield with JWP, Paqueta, Kudus, Soucek, Edson Álvarez are pretty good. West Ham should have enough fire power to aim for a top 10 finish. The Rice money is pretty well spent on paper for now. Probably need another forward as Scamacca replacement.
They're maybe adding JLingz as an emergency free signing in needed. They're looking for a left back and maybe a center forward.

Abraxas

Incredible how much we got shafted on Antony when you see this fee.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Incredible how much we got shafted on Antony when you see this fee.
I reckon at least once per day, all the top brass at Ajax have a 5 minute Zoom call where they all jump on, put a picture of Anthony on the screen, and laugh.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
West Ham's lowest aspiration this season is to qualify for Europe for the fourth successive season, one way or another.

Sold Rice and bought Kudus, Alvarez and Ward-Prowse with the money. Looks a strong trade on the face of it. Mavropanos from part of the other transfer surplus.

Expect another three or four to turn up.

Plastic Evra

West Ham's lowest aspiration this season is to qualify for Europe for the fourth successive season, one way or another.

Sold Rice and bought Kudus, Alvarez and Ward-Prowse with the money. Looks a strong trade on the face of it. Mavropanos from part of the other transfer surplus.

Expect another three or four to turn up.
What do you reckon was the reason the team had a relegation battle last year ? Squad too thin ?

RedOrange

This is a terrible signing because it's clear we're just blindly following the manager, who only wants players he knows already. How could we miss out on such an obvious signing? He even played for the manager before!

Status
Not open for further replies.