Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

All the talk about fee and then broke the transfer record 3 times in 5-6 years
After this Liverpool will also have the most expensive transfer in premier league history. We won't have a transfer in the top 5 after this. :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't get your logic mate :confused: how can Liverpool being significantly strengthened help our top 4 chances :houllier:

He he goes to Chelsea, who cares, makes no difference to top 4 and Liverpool are far from nailed on top 4 either. If he goes to Liverpool, then they're challenging for title as much as us, Arsenal and possibly Newcastle.
Chelsea are predicted to finish 5th. Which means that are far as the bookies are concerned, them strengthening does more to increase the competition for a top four place than Liverpool strengthening does.

And of their predicted top four, we're the team they view as most likely to miss out should Chelsea make top four.

Melvin Udall

To be fair even though it’s over priced I personally think Caicedo is a significantly better player than Rice.
I was going to say that, too. Also, being almost three years younger, he will retain his sell-on value longer, or they’ll just get more years out of him.

With that said, no transfer is a sure thing. Plenty of busts in the 100 million club.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Subsequently the purchase of Casemiro is what has prevented movement for United in these areas where three key defensive midfielders are on the move.

The question therefore is would you have preferred Caicedo / Rice for 100M+, Lavia for 50M or Casemiro for 70M.
Hindsight is 20/20 and it's a bit apples/oranges. We needed a proven top-shelf DM last year and Casemiro provided an instant impact + leadership I don't think we could have counted on from any of the others.

A better way to look at it is asking whether our squad is better off with the uplift from a 3rd place finish driven by Casemiro + spending another 30-40 for a backup CM? I think that's a much closer question

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
After this Liverpool will also have the most expensive transfer in premier league history. We won't have a transfer in the top 5 after this. :lol:
We’re just trying to get that Andy Carroll transfer out of the top 20. Over 10 years of work.

Redstain

Stop posting nonsense. :lol:

We've spent £170M on transfers so far and could get a couple more in yet.

How come Liverpool don't have to worry about FFP then?
I'm unsure what I'm saying that is deemed irrelevant it's basic comprehension.

I highlighted the movement of players in this window has been regarding a specific area of the defensive midfield. The validity of United not entering the market for this specified area and the players of interest is due to how the budget was used last season. What's hard to understand about this ?

Liverpool have the lowest NET spend of the top six over the last five seasons as they have sold competitively that has given them leeway with FFP.

CM

The numbers being spunked around this summer are actually insane. £110m feck me. I thought Liverpool fans were crying poverty the other day

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Great deal for liverpool. Caicedo to liverpool and adams to chelsea done and dusted. Good now get ready for pl season. Hope now santos and ugochukwu stays with us.

croadyman

Would have been €5m to sign him from that club in Ecuador,unfortunately the complex ownership put us off. IF only we had the necessary knowledge that Brighton garnered

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Chelsea are predicted to finish 5th. Which means that are far as the bookies are concerned, them strengthening does more to increase the competition for a top four place than Liverpool strengthening does.

And of their predicted top four, we're the team they view as most likely to miss out should Chelsea make top four.
They can predict what they like, I don't predict anyone to get a tune out of the rabble Chelsea have thrown together for, how much now, getting towards 3/4B and they haven't signed anyone decent this window either.

December_16

:nervous:
Fffffffffffff that’s super annoying. But ah well, he could’ve been a flop under Ole/Rangnick magic and get binned by ETH. Who knows.

Anyway, Brighton is in for a midfielder now? We have a Scottish international for a pantry £60M if they want.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No, you’re right … ALTHOUGH … we’ve had so much bad luck maybe this tone wr get our Badiashile before signing a Fofana.

It can be Liverpool’s turn to be Cucurella’d

I did want Caicedo, but that does t automatically mean Lavia for me. For what we want to do, running that modified square, Adan’s and Santos make more sense. If you want a physically gifted guy with mistakes in him when pressured … just keep Gallagher.
So you’re saying sign Adams, leave Lavia alone and just run with Santos and Adams as the DM pair?

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I was going to say that, too. Also, being almost three years younger, he will retain his sell-on value longer, or they’ll just get more years out of him.

With that said, no transfer is a sure thing. Plenty of busts in the 100 million club.
Rice is excellent once you read through his instruction guidebook. He only passes backward, yes, but once you figure out he can be confused to which way IS backwards … the possibilities really open up.

croadyman

Fffffffffffff that’s super annoying. But ah well, he could’ve been a flop under Ole/Rangnick magic and get binned by ETH. Who knows.

Anyway, Brighton is in for a midfielder now? We have a Scottish international for a pantry £60M if they want.
Wish they were interested in McTominay,we need that money to go and approach Real for Valverde/Tchouameni

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
A hundred and ten million for Moises fecking Caicedo. feck me. A hundred and ten. That’s actually insane.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I'm unsure what I'm saying that is deemed irrelevant it's basic comprehension.

I highlighted the movement of players in this window has been regarding a specific area of the defensive midfield. The validity of United not entering the market for this specified area and the players of interest is due to how the budget was used last season. What's hard to understand about this ?

Liverpool have the lowest NET spend of the top six over the last five seasons as they have sold competitively that has given them leeway with FFP.
I give up, hopefully you'll soon use up your daily allowance and toddle off back to the newbiles, so no one has to read the drivel you post for another day.

Good grief, where the feck do you think we would have been last season without Casimero? Do you even watch United, or do you only take notice of the transfer windows and not bother with what goes on inbetween?

Morpheus 7

That fabihno money came in handy, knew they would go big. Chelsea made a right mess of that. I think Liverpool will challenge now, huge signing for them. The defense is a question mark, funny they couldn't pay up for Bellingham and they ended up paying more him now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A hundred and ten million for Moises fecking Caicedo. feck me. A hundred and ten. That’s actually insane.
Tchouameni £87M
Rice £105M
Enzo £107M
Caicedo £110M

All in the last 12 months.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We were being too prideful at £100. £110 is insanity. Well done Brighton.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
There will always be another talent to snap up when we are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.