Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

I’d have taken him as a long term Casemiro replacement, but we don’t have £100m+ to spend on anybody so it’s hard to be too upset by it. Top clubs are always going to keep buying good players, you will lose you mind expecting Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc. to never buy a player who may be suitable for us. The fee is crazy but that’s the modern game, Brighton didn’t need to sell, all the high fees are just clubs deciding that the long term benefit of the player is worth the huge outlay. Should be used to it by now.

izec

Jesus christ, if someone told you 2 months ago he would move for 110m, you would be laughed out of here

Woodzy

He didn’t want to play for them.
This isn't true though. It was pretty much proven that Bellingham was desperate to join Liverpool when he was caught petting a dog with fur that looked vaguely similar to Trent Alexander-Arnold's hair.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Jesus christ, if someone told you 2 months ago he would move for 110m, you would be laughed out of here
Not really. Rice went for pretty much the same fee and I've been saying the whole time he has more potential IMO along with being pretty much on the same level.

zaafi

Not really. Rice went for pretty much the same fee and I've been saying the whole time he has more potential IMO along with being pretty much on the same level.
I think Rice is slightly better right now, Caicedo being the more intense player. I think what separates them is Rice's ball carrying ability and ability to contribute in attack. I absolutely think Caicedo has a higher ceiling, though. Hopefully he fails in Liverpool, and has success elsewhere!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What is it that they taught them?

"How to grossly overpay for a midfielder whose specific profile we don't need"
Pretty sure we had that lesson nailed down and memorised back to front ages ago.

Woodzy

If Liverpool miss out on this, then they have pretty much fecked themselves in their chase for Laiva by showing Southampton their hand.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They don't have a agreement with the player. There could be more drama to come.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
This seems crazy, but then you look at the Rice fee, and wonder whether Caicedo might actually turn out better (and younger). In that context, plus there being few options on the market, you can see why Liverpool might do it.

AFC NimbleThumb

Liverpool are signing Brightons midfield. With all due respect that’s not a certain sign they’ll improve dramatically.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They don't have a agreement with the player. There could be more drama to come.

Well there are stories out there that Chelsea will meet with Caicedo today, who has been hanging out outside Fulham Broadway wince yesterday waiting for Chelsea finish the deal.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
But that is the issue, he improves them hypothetically. We have to wait to see if that happens in reality, football is not played on paper and the whole sorted for 'x' amount of years thing rarely works.

He is just as much risk as the other, and I am not saying that it is not a logical transfer. I am just not getting the stupid reactions to this.

Good player, should hypothetically improve them, stupid money thrown around.
What do you mean "he improves them hypothetically"? I think they don't have a DM so it's an instant improvement. If he signed for us then it would be more of "he improves us hypothetically" scenario, because Casemiro is still first choice DM. But this is a good signing for Liverpool.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think Rice is slightly better right now, Caicedo being the more intense player. I think what separates them is Rice's ball carrying ability and ability to contribute in attack. I absolutely think Caicedo has a higher ceiling, though. Hopefully he fails in Liverpool, and has success elsewhere!
This i agreed wholeheartedly.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We should have walked away weeks ago from this circus. Let Liverpool have him and be happy for it.

Our dealing with Brighton generally are pretty bizarre, it's a bit like Liverpool with Southampton years back.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
if Todd can match the Liverpool fee he is choosing Chelsea, they have been working on this all summer.

Jack-C20

The one positive is that Caicedo seems to have no problem falling in love with different clubs so if he does well he’ll be pushing for a move to Spain in a couple of years. That’s the optimistic view anyway.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are signing Brightons midfield. With all due respect that’s not a certain sign they’ll improve dramatically.
Brighton's midfield was dramatically better than ours when they beat us last season.

Betson

Very good signing for them , people getting too hung up about the price as if it is their own money.

If they can pay it they can afford it , is he likely to improve the team , very much so. Is he a long term option , very much so.

Makes it a very good summer for Liverpool and puts them back in title contention again.

Perseus

Insane money. He’s played one season of Premier League football.
It could be 10 seasons at £11 million per season. I'll put money on him scoring lots of goals as well. His speed over 6 yards is the difference. Larceny buy.

DevTheRed

Bissouma was in the last year of his contract and we knew he wouldn’t sign a new one. Caicedo signed a new one in Feb this year, he’s also a much better player.

Also Bissouma’s fee was closer to 35 if you include the add ons.
I almost feel like last year of contracts situations are becoming more and more irrelevant though. Look at Kane, Rice and Mount in this window.. they all still went for quite a decent amount, I don’t think it matters as much as it used to anymore.

Caicedo is the better player for sure.. but after having 1 good season £110m is just a mad amount of money. Great deal for Brighton though.. De Zerbi can build a very good team with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.