g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Im not having that. A high energy midfielder who can tackle and is decent on the ball is not a unique skillset. I’m sure there are many players out there who can do those things to a good level.

Modric, Fabregas, Scholes, Xavi, these are unique players who were on a level of their own.

There’s no way what these guys offer is restricted to them alone.
Right on brother. Plenty of fish in the sea. Chelsea are getting mugged here.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I feel bad for Tyler Adams.

£200M on 2 DMs, Adams isn’t getting a look in.

Fluctuation0161

Yes. And Caicedo showed his true colours by first accepting then rejecting us. He's loyal to no man. Expect this to transpire in his lack of commitment on the pitch too when he's slightly pissed off at the club orange juice for breakfast.
:lol:
All is fair in love and transfers.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
United brought Maguire for a huge sum after City wanted him....these things happen.

Where did Caicedo come from? He wasn't made in a lab, there's plenty of other Caicedos in the market, they just need to be found.

Liverpool and Chelsea are desperate, hence the ridiculous price, there's no one in their right mind saying Caicedo should be worth over £100m.
Despite the uuming and aahing, the price was set way, way back and only further cemented by the Rice sale. Nobody was obligated to indulge or engage, and yet here we are, the most ridiculous saga unfolding before our eyes.

If there are 'plenty of other Caicedos to pick from' why is everyone honed in on this one, for an eye-watering amount of money?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Soton will entertain no less than 70-80m from them for Lavia now :lol:
What has been exposed is that we have that kind of money and we're willing to spend it. I'm blown away. Doesn't mean we go to the expensive isle at Lidl. It means we go to Fortnum and Masons!

LM7

Supports
chelsea
Yes. And Caicedo showed his true colours by first accepting then rejecting us. He's loyal to no man. Expect this to transpire in his lack of commitment on the pitch too when he's slightly pissed off at the club orange juice for breakfast.
Personal terms were never agreed so he hadn't accepted Liverpool. Only a deal with Brighton was agreed.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Chelsea's incompetence in the transfer market is a sight to behold. You better hope the majority of your business is concluded because clubs are going to test you like never before after this farce!

Member 101269

Loved this on RAWK

Is London really that big of a pull?
ask his mrs ..
We don't know what the pull is. It's not as if he currently lives in Paris or Milan and wants another big city. He lives in Brighton ffs...
So, Paris, Milan> London and Liverpool> Brighton

Does anyone, really, want to live in Liverpool..

TsuWave

I know your chakra system is in complete disarray right now

Superunknown

I actually don't know who plays for Chelsea anymore. Can't keep up with who's coming and going over at that club.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I feel bad for Tyler Adams.

£200M on 2 DMs, Adams isn’t getting a look in.
We're apparently backing out of the Adams deal. Brighton want him and he could go there. And anyway, the Adams was always reported as being in addition to the Caicedo deal.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Seems harsh on Caicedo, he was annoyed we turned down Arsenal’s bid but then went on to play some of his best football to help us secure 6th.

Now he’s said he’d prefer to join the club that have been chasing him all summer and he agreed personal terms with months ago, rather than a club that appeared out of nowhere at the last minute.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Loved this on RAWK

So, Paris, Milan> London and Liverpool> Brighton

Does anyone, really, want to live in Liverpool..
Liverpool players don't, they live in Southport or Cheshire

prateik

Did they really put in a 110m bid without speaking to the player's agent or knowing if he was open to the move?

Or has Caicedo changed his mind after initially agreeing?

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)
« Reply #44958 on: Today at 12:46:01 pm »

If he prefers the freak show that is Chelsea over England's most successful club managed by the best manager in the world then his decision making is highly questionable and we are far better off without that kind of character in the team.
See now I want them to actually sign him to put this guy in his place. Oh what a fun day!

tomaldinho1

Im not having that. A high energy midfielder who can tackle and is decent on the ball is not a unique skillset. I’m sure there are many players out there who can do those things to a good level.

Modric, Fabregas, Scholes, Xavi, these are unique players who were on a level of their own.

There’s no way what these guys offer is restricted to them alone.
I agree, it's kind of puzzling why there is so much hype. These Brighton transfers give me similar vibes to when Soton had that great team which was then sold off over a few years. There were a lot of people, most likely you can go back through the caf and find some on here, probably saying guys like Alderweireld, Wanyamam, Schneiderlin, Mane, Fonte, Clyne, Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Chambers were all amazing and look how varied their careers are after leaving. Some have been great, most good(ish) and others really struggled.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Same was said last year.
Yep. You need stability to become a force. They're not really showing that and this latest episode is symptomatic. I'm not doubting Caicedo as a player, he seems to have it all. But boy is there baggage.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Did they really put in a 110m bid without speaking to the player's agent or knowing if he was open to the move?

Or has Caicedo changed his mind after initially agreeing?
It was definitely a panic bid. £111m bid the day the season starts. Liverpool shit the bed and have come out with egg on their face.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I will take the player and forget this ever happened, if we end up with Caicedo. But Chelsea have handled this embarrassingly poorly.
And you were supposed to be getting better at this signing players lark! :lol:

You're going to need a big reset and hope people forget about this by next window otherwise negotiations are going to be torrid for your club.

OverratedOpinion

Just seen on RAWK

The Premier League should apparently investigate Brighton because it's unfair to set a deadline then not sell him to the club who they did the deal with.

Also Tony Bloom should force the player to go to Liverpool because Brighton are the ones who hold his contract. (that would work out well).

Status
Not open for further replies.