Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
nono, you have to do it at todays exchange rates and allow for inflation too. Its at least €350m by now, and that's before add-ons. Plus if they hadn't taken the Barcelona money they would have sold him to Saudi this season for an additional 100 or so, need to take that into account too. They are still the net spend champions, always will be la.
Barca Euros are like Bitcoin, worth something different every day.

Supports
Chelsea
You signed a £107m player for that position. You have serious attacking and CB issues if Thiago, Reece and/or Chilwell get injured. Which they often do.
They have different skillsets and would play together. You've listed every position that we've got depth in.

RB: Reece James and Malo Gusto
LB: Chilwell, Cucurella, Maatsen
CB: Disasi, Colwill, Badiashille, Silva, Chalobah

Instead of signing 40 Brazilian teenagers we should have wrapped up Caicedo long ago. We are as desperate, if not more than Liverpool are for a center midfielder.

CM

I've watched him a number of times, I just feel he needs another step before joining a bigger club. If he can get his pass percentage upto the high 80s from the 80% he's on right now without losing the ability to progress play via vertical passes. Then I think he'll be ready for a big club. But he's still 20 and has plenty of time to improve.
Never seen this particular player play before, but just as a general point, surely it's worth trying to develop that player yourself or even buy and loan back to save yourself the huge cost incurred from sitting back and watching them develop somewhere else. The huge mark up on players like Enzo Fernandez and Caicedo in a short period of time don't exactly suggest that 'wait and see' model is a sustainable one.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They have different skillsets and would play together. You've listed every position that we've got depth in.

RB: Reece James and Malo Gusto
LB: Chilwell, Cucurella, Maatsen
CB: Disasi, Colwill, Badiashille, Silva, Chalobah

Instead of signing 40 Brazilian teenagers we should have wrapped up Caicedo long ago. We are as desperate, if not more than Liverpool are for a center midfielder.
You are desperate for a CM for sure. But not at that price, not if it means the backline that plays in a few months time is Gusto Chalobah Colwill Cucurella. With Mudryk, Jackson, Sterling as your forwards. That's dreadful.

You buy cheaper CMs and strengthen elsewhere. You don't go into a bidding war that will kill everything.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Never seen this particular player play before, but just as a general point, surely it's worth trying to develop that player yourself or even buy and loan back to save yourself the huge cost incurred from sitting back and watching them develop somewhere else. The huge mark up on players like Enzo Fernandez and Caicedo in a short period of time don't exactly suggest that 'wait and see' model is a sustainable one.
I actually quite like that idea.

stw2022

I just hope whoever made the decision not to sign Caicedo for £5 million or whatever is - isn't at the club anymore. I don't care who the guilty person was, he just shouldn't be anywhere near a footballclub.
Why? Big clubs are offered players every day of the week. It would be a nonsense to sign them all on off chance one in 37 of them one day reach a £100m valuation.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
when it comes to embarrassing weeks, lizzo can thank her lucky stars for klopp.

LordSpud

What happens if Chelsea don't match or exceed the bid? Liverpool bound? Or stays at Brighton?

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I see a 4.5 million purchase price for Caicedo in 2021 for Brighton. One full season and a loan later and it is 110 mil! Wow. The fees this summer are nuts. He was a good player last year, we will have to wait and see if he can make that next step up.

Brighton is going to be paving their stadium in gold fairly soon at this rate.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Caicedo rejecting Liverpool maybe confirms that he is really Man Utd fan? What's the deal with Liverpool, want to sign the whole Brighton midfield?

Halftrack

Seems harsh on Caicedo, he was annoyed we turned down Arsenal’s bid but then went on to play some of his best football to help us secure 6th.

Now he’s said he’d prefer to join the club that have been chasing him all summer and he agreed personal terms with months ago, rather than a club that appeared out of nowhere at the last minute.
Presumably him and his agent told Liverpool he'd be open to a move, else Liverpool are rank amateurs who made themselves look like clowns.

OverratedOpinion

Haven’t they raised shed loads of money through sales this summer?
Yeah I was thinking this although they accordinf to transfermrkt they are only about 40m euros in the black this summer then when you consider how much they spent in January.

I'm sure I've heard some people on here saying they are actually okay but not sure how after taking a really basic look.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You are desperate for a CM for sure. But not at that price, not if it means the backline that plays in a few months time is Gusto Chalobah Colwill Cucurella. With Mudryk, Jackson, Sterling as your forwards. That's dreadful.

You buy cheaper CMs and strengthen elsewhere. You don't go into a bidding war that will kill everything.
What? You think we need to be buying more backups in defense in the event that both our first choice fullbacks go down and we have to play our 5th CB?

Provided Maatsen is in instead of Cucurella, that back-line is probably better than what you'd have to trot out in that scenario:
Gomez - Konate - Nat Phillips - Tsimikas

Woodzy

Caicedo rejecting Liverpool maybe confirms that he is really Man Utd fan? What's the deal with Liverpool, want to sign the whole Brighton midfield?
More likely that he's be expecting to be a Chelsea player most of the summer, and Chelsea have reassured him that they will pay up despite Liverpool coming in for him.

Crimson King

I don't see why not. Chelsea have always been more receptive to United transfers than the rest of the big 6.
Not really sure it's representative of who he supports at all, to be honest. Footballers support themselves and their own interests at the end of the day.

Although, I agree that going to Chelsea doesn't rule out him every playing for United. I don't think he ever will, mind, but the two clubs are much more likely to do business compared to United and Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.