g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They're probably pretty relaxed about the situation knowing that they don't have any serious competition for his signature.
Cool. Sounds like everyone's chilled. Chelsea have got themselves a top player for £115m+.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Does anyone know why Caicedo prefers Chelsea over Liverpool? More money? London > Liverpool as a place to live? Something else?

Skills

Snitch
Does anyone know why Caicedo prefers Chelsea over Liverpool? More money? London > Liverpool as a place to live? Something else?
He probably doesn't fancy getting his house robbed while he's away playing Thursday night Europa League games.

BorisManUtd

He's probably been in contact with Chelsea for a long time now. Also London as a city, big wages and Chelsea have been a place to go for decades now, even if they were terrible last season. It's not as if he chose Spurs over Liverpool (with all due respect to Spurs but they'd never pay that money anyways).

Longshanks

110 million plus for caicedo is pretty crazy. But the fact he has compleatly snubbed Liverpool is frankly fantastic. He would of been excellent for Liverpool no doubt. They really are looking like they might be in trouble now this season.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
He's probably been in contact with Chelsea for a long time now. Also London as a city, big wages and Chelsea have been a place to go for decades now, even if they were terrible last season. It's not as if he chose Spurs over Liverpool (with all due respect to Spurs but they'd never pay that money anyways).
Spurs shouldn't deserve respect, they deserve pointing and laughing

parmenio

cannot understand why anyone would sign for them they are a shambles. Complete mess on pitch and legally. They still need half a team. Poch has some job on his hands if he lasts long enough.

IRELANDUNITED

Klopp has so little pull he almost has push. If they weren’t the way they are you’d nearly feel
sorry for them

TheLord

Trophies too. He'd have known that Scousers can't win anything in the foreseeable future.

LM7

Supports
chelsea
London, Spanish speaking contingent including the Coach, Been in contact with them for ages, probably better wages.

cyberman

I see the Liverpool defence force has taken over social media that includes certain journalists.
Face saving exercise at its finest

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I see the Liverpool defence force has taken over social media that includes certain journalists.
Face saving exercise at its finest
Only fair since the whole of yesterday was filled with Boehly mouthpieces feeding you false hope (Romano, etc). "Caicedo says firm NO to Liverpool", "Liverpool are stepping away from bid", etc.

At least you can balance up the polar views now. ;)

cyberman

Only fair since the whole of yesterday was filled with Boehly mouthpieces feeding you false hope (Romano, etc). "Caicedo says firm NO to Liverpool", "Liverpool are stepping away from bid", etc.

At least you can balance up the polar views now. ;)
This entire saga has been so embarrassing for your lot that I’m sure you would have stepped away but the embarrassment rage shone through and ended up denying it all.

Simon Powley

This entire saga has been so embarrassing for your lot that I’m sure you would have stepped away but the embarrassment rage shone through and ended up denying it all.
Two clubs bid for a player, player chooses one club over another (probably a better financial incentive, location etc). If you think that's embarrassing, then you need to follow something different.

whitbyviking

Depending where he lives now he might not need to move, although with the impending wage explosion you think he probably would.

SmallCaine

Two clubs bid for a player, player chooses one club over another (probably a better financial incentive, location etc). If you think that's embarrassing, then you need to follow something different.
If a player who you bid 100mn for doesn't want to play for you, you really shouldn't be bidding for him. It is embarrassing if he rejects you after you agreed a 100mn deal with his club.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Olise is being signed for the RW position.
Olise isn't enough, he falls into the same category as their other attackers in that he's relatively young and still developing. He's not going to fire Chelsea to trophies, unless this is his breakout season. Last season he did decent numbers if I remember, but watching him he was still very inconsistent. Mydryk, Jackson and Olise isn't a proven attack and can't guarantee you anything just yet.

Like I said, Sterling really needs to step up and that will make a big difference. I still think Chelsea could have done with another proven attacker like Kane or Osimhen.

Having said all that, if Chelsea are planning on building a young team to challenge in 2 or 3 years, then fair enough. They probably know there's too big a gap to City right now and are planning for being strong when they potentially fade when De Bruyne etc are at the end of their careers. This is working well for Arsenal who also built a good young team, though I think their title challenge came far sooner than even they expected last season.

Simon Powley

If a player who you bid 100mn for doesn't want to play for you, you really shouldn't be bidding for him. It is embarrassing if he rejects you after you agreed a 100mn deal with his club.
From what's been reported, his agent indicated that he was indeed open to Liverpool, then changed his mind. It's more likely that this was never genuine, but simply a move to improve the financial offer tabled by Chelsea. He apparently has quite an entourage, so this will be about the money. Win some, lose some.

cyberman

One club fecks around making 3 bids for a Southampton player, Chelsea come in and storm into the Lavia lead basically hijacking the entire negotiation process that Liverpool laid the groundwork for. Fans turn on the owners who say feck that, we’ll wildly overpay and desperately spend 111m that’s including a sell on clause on top of that just to get it done. Bid gets accepted to the point Klopp repents for past Pogba and spending comments, fans go on a mad gloating spree with rivals telling them they’re on for the title now..
not 12 hours later the player turns that down after saying feck that, why would I join the scouse cnuts anyway while blaming the 3 months of ground work for the reason he’s still keen on Chelsea only to see Chelsea about to sign Lavia as well despite them also battling against the theory that three months of negotiations with another club is a massive hurdle to climb.
They lose out on two targets and are heading into the league season with no DM while there’s a chance both players will be unveiled at SB right in front of Liverpool and their travelling fans.
But hey, Chelsea haven’t made a bid yet, there’s still hope!
He’ll cheat on her and she’ll realise what a good guy I am and we’ll be together forever

cyberman

From what's been reported, his agent indicated that he was indeed open to Liverpool, then changed his mind. It's more likely that this was never genuine, but simply a move to improve the financial offer tabled by Chelsea. He apparently has quite an entourage, so this will be about the money. Win some, lose some.
Reported from the Liverpool defence league. You’re proving my point here funnily enough

Simon Powley

One club fecks around making 3 bids for a Southampton player, Chelsea come in and storm into the Lavia lead basically hijacking the entire negotiation process that Liverpool laid the groundwork for. Fans turn on the owners who say feck that, we’ll wildly overpay and desperately spend 111m that’s including a sell on clause on top of that just to get it done. Bid gets accepted to the point Klopp repents for past Pogba and spending comments, fans go on a mad gloating spree with rivals telling them they’re on for the title now..
not 12 hours later the player turns that down after saying feck that, why would I join the scouse cnuts anyway while blaming the 3 months of ground work for the reason he’s still keen on Chelsea only to see Chelsea about to sign Lavia as well despite them also battling against the theory that three months of negotiations with another club is a massive hurdle to climb.
They lose out on two targets and are heading into the league season with no DM while there’s a chance both players will be unveiled at SB right in front of Liverpool and their travelling fans.
But hey, Chelsea haven’t made a bid yet, there’s still hope!
He’ll cheat on her and she’ll realise what a good guy I am and we’ll be together forever
I think you should consider a course of anger management.

cyberman

I think you should consider a course of anger management.
No, I just admire a team attempting a gazump and having them fall flat on their face while losing out on their original target as well.
I’m calmly loving this. Been a beautiful 12 months

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Are the Liverpool people not getting that Chelsea are probably stalling the announcement of accepted terms on the Brighton deal just so they can have the Lavia deal done to the point Liverpool can’t pivot back?

They reportedly already agreed to match or go above Liverpools fee, they apparently submitted everything, and now they are conveniently going over minute details of dates of the payments, etc, while the Lavia deal is being finalized?

As a Chelsea fan it makes me nervous because I just want the Caicedo thing finished.

But if I were a Liverpool fan I’d be thinking “we CAN’T get beat for both, get in there!!!”

Surely Liverpool can see what’s cooking, and the idea that Chelsea are in a room with Brighton but “haven’t submitted an offer yet” is BS, right?

If they are really trying to get both, you wont see an announcement on Caicedo until after Lavia is done … because that’s the easier one for Pool to grab back.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Are the Liverpool people not getting that Chelsea are probably stalling the announcement of accepted terms on the Brighton deal just so they can have the Lavia deal done to the point Liverpool can’t pivot back?

They reportedly already agreed to match or go above Liverpools fee, they apparently submitted everything, and now they are conveniently going over minute details of dates of the payments, etc, while the Lavia deal is being finalized?

As a Chelsea fan it makes me nervous because I just want the Caicedo thing finished.

But if I were a Liverpool fan I’d be thinking “we CAN’T get beat for both, get in there!!!”

Surely Liverpool can see what’s cooking, and the idea that Chelsea are in a room with Brighton but “haven’t submitted an offer yet” is BS, right?

If they are really trying to get both, you wont see an announcement on Caicedo until after Lavia is done … because that’s the easier one for Pool to grab back.
As a Liverpool fan we have other areas to strengthen, mainly defence. We do not need Caicedo as desperately as you think. And we certainly don't value Lavia more than £40m so never went too high.

Once we get Chelsea in sufficient FFP trouble we'll go for Andre, much cheaper option. Brighton and Liverpool fans are pretty relaxed from what I can see.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
A club United fans can't fecking stand go steaming in with a British record bid for a player they haven't had any contact with after having been after a different player and trying to low ball Southampton and pleading poverty. Then the player you've not spoken to says get fecked I'm not signing for you.... you can't see why that's a little embarrassing for the self-proclaimed transfer geniuses of the Premier league?

They do it all with data you know.... and all players want to play for Klopp...

Status
Not open for further replies.