Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

With him and Diallo, we will have 2 future Ballon D'ors players in our hands!
He forgot Greenwood too, 3 Balon d'Or winners in the squad! :drool:
definitely. they all have elite level potential. When you look around at the competition with Liverpool, City, Barcelona etc getting older and poorer, these signings put us as best placed to become the next dominant European team for years to come. Like when Rooney and Ronaldo stepped up and became world class. This new era could eclipse 2007-2011

croadyman

Positive that Ducker is now on this one,even though he says not as advanced as reported in Ecuadorian media

bsCallout

definitely. they all have elite level potential. When you look around at the competition with Liverpool, City, Barcelona etc getting older and poorer, these signings put us as best placed to become the next dominant European team for years to come. Like when Rooney and Ronaldo stepped up and became world class. This new era could eclipse 2007-2011
To think we'll have atleast 5 players in world XI

Caicedo
Diallo Mejbri Pellistri
Greenwood

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I’m a very happy person thanks.

You come across as a self proclaimed expert who claims random nobodies on Twitter are also experts yet you’re consistently wrong which I find highly amusing.

I couldn’t care less about anything you say, but hey thanks for being wrong yet again. Is very amusing.

Merry Christmas!
@Adnan has proven to be one of the most knowledgable posters on this forum on youth players, foreign hipster teams, mangers and tactics for several years now.
He’s also never proclaimed to be right, it’s just he normally always is. And he has always expressed that knowledge generously and with civility.
So I think it’s your loss that you dismiss his opinions so easily.

Last edited:

DFreshKing

Where is he wrong? Well he doesn't even list where he pulled the 25+ points from (from his ass) so I can't exactly pin point exactly where he is wrong. But sure lets take a look.

To start with his tweets.
"They were 20th a few years ago." First of all he doesn't even know where Ecuador is ranked.

"I was looking at the Venezuela ranking points." So, second he is such an expert he doesn't even know what country to look at.

Taking an actual look at how work permit points are actually calculated.

Makes reference to "all competitive internationals." So this relates to Table 1. International reference period is 24 months. Due to Ecuador's ranking he'd need 80%+ appearances in that time frame, he doesn't. So that kicks off with 0 points.

"Regular in the league" he says. So this is Table 2. Once again, Ecuador league is band 6 so he needs 80%+ of minutes to score any points. He's been available for 22 matches, that is 1,980 minutes. He played 1,519 minutes. That is only 77%. Close, but in the end... 0 points. He seems to be wrong quite often so far, referencing things that score 0 points.

"Most Libertadores games." So this is Table 3. Copa Libertadores is Band 1. He played 317 out of 540 available minutes. That is 59% for 6 points.

Lets go to Table 4. Band 6, not title winner. 0 points.

Table 5. Copa Libertadores, advanced to round of 16. 7 points

Table 6. Band of current club, band 6. 2 points

Youth international appearances, no table. Not band 1 or 2 and has none anyway. 0 points.

Table 7. First team debut in the reference period? No, made over a year ago. 0 points.

Table 8. Youth league final position. Eligible if no points from Table 4. Lets assume he has the required 30% of youth minutes. They were title winners I believe so 1 point.

"U20 Libertadores" he says. Table 9. Youth continental tournament. Only eligible if Par. 44. a) "the Youth player is not eligible for any points in accordance with par. 36 (Table 5)." He got points from table 5, so no points here. 0 points. So that is all 4 things he claimed, 3 of which give a whopping 0 points. So you ask where is he wrong? Well just about everywhere.

Lets continue.

Table 10. Quality of youth club. Not eligible if points taken from Table 6. 0 points.

Table 11. Not eligible if points taken from Table 6. 0 points

Let's tally that all up for..... drumroll please .... 16 points. A solid 9+ points off of 25+.

So, again you ask, "where was he wrong?" All of it. He was wrong about all of it.
Imagine writing like a complete weapon and being wrong too. It's Christmas enjoy yourself.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’m a very happy person thanks.

You come across as a self proclaimed expert who claims random nobodies on Twitter are also experts yet you’re consistently wrong which I find highly amusing.

I couldn’t care less about anything you say, but hey thanks for being wrong yet again. Is very amusing.

Merry Christmas!
Of course I can be wrong I'm only human but I wasn't the one making claims about the work permit it was someone else.

And for someone who doesn't care about what I say, it was you who responded to my post because I wouldn't respond to yours or initiate discussion with you on any subject because that's not possible with your aggressive postings which come across as someone who is always upset and your anger hasn't even spared our youth players which I have found particularly disturbing. I'm also not the first person who has called you out on your posting style on this forum because I clearly remember Rozay asking you the very same question a while back.

And I'm glad you claim to be a happy person but you don't have to justify that to me.

Can7onA

I've followed this boy for several years, he needs to bulk up, the Premier league will be too tough for him and get Giggsy in till the end of the season.

NYAS

I think it would be unwise to rule VDB out of the picture for next season. He'll for sure be aiming for a first XI spot in central mid from next season once he gets up to speed with the PL.
Not ruling him out at all, he may be the immediate Pogba replacement but for me he’s better higher up the pitch. In my mind he’s Bruno’s back-up.

The only true DM we have is Matic and he’s finished. That’s without considering Pogba’s departure. Even if we expect Moises to come in and be a major part of the midfield straight away (which we shouldn’t) then we still need at least another midfielder, specifically a DM.

0le

You come across as very angry in your posts often which I find amusing but you should try and relax a little if you don't mind me saying which might possibly enhance the level of discourse/disscussion.

He doesn't claim to be a expert on anything, it's a label that is given to him by others. Whether he's right or wrong isn't something i'm gonna argue with you over because I simply couldn't care less. But thanks for giving your two cents on the subject.
He is extremely knowledgeable but yes, he already won my vote for grumpy poster of the year whether intentional or not. :D

Chief123

Where is he wrong? Well he doesn't even list where he pulled the 25+ points from (from his ass) so I can't exactly pin point exactly where he is wrong. But sure lets take a look.

To start with his tweets.
"They were 20th a few years ago." First of all he doesn't even know where Ecuador is ranked.

"I was looking at the Venezuela ranking points." So, second he is such an expert he doesn't even know what country to look at.

Taking an actual look at how work permit points are actually calculated.

Makes reference to "all competitive internationals." So this relates to Table 1. International reference period is 24 months. Due to Ecuador's ranking he'd need 80%+ appearances in that time frame, he doesn't. So that kicks off with 0 points.

"Regular in the league" he says. So this is Table 2. Once again, Ecuador league is band 6 so he needs 80%+ of minutes to score any points. He's been available for 22 matches, that is 1,980 minutes. He played 1,519 minutes. That is only 77%. Close, but in the end... 0 points. He seems to be wrong quite often so far, referencing things that score 0 points.

"Most Libertadores games." So this is Table 3. Copa Libertadores is Band 1. He played 317 out of 540 available minutes. That is 59% for 6 points.

Lets go to Table 4. Band 6, not title winner. 0 points.

Table 5. Copa Libertadores, advanced to round of 16. 7 points

Table 6. Band of current club, band 6. 2 points

Youth international appearances, no table. Not band 1 or 2 and has none anyway. 0 points.

Table 7. First team debut in the reference period? No, made over a year ago. 0 points.

Table 8. Youth league final position. Eligible if no points from Table 4. Lets assume he has the required 30% of youth minutes. They were title winners I believe so 1 point.

"U20 Libertadores" he says. Table 9. Youth continental tournament. Only eligible if Par. 44. a) "the Youth player is not eligible for any points in accordance with par. 36 (Table 5)." He got points from table 5, so no points here. 0 points. So that is all 4 things he claimed, 3 of which give a whopping 0 points. So you ask where is he wrong? Well just about everywhere.

Lets continue.

Table 10. Quality of youth club. Not eligible if points taken from Table 6. 0 points.

Table 11. Not eligible if points taken from Table 6. 0 points

Let's tally that all up for..... drumroll please .... 16 points. A solid 9+ points off of 25+.

So, again you ask, "where was he wrong?" All of it. He was wrong about all of it.
My god you sound like a top bloke.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Positive that Ducker is now on this one,even though he says not as advanced as reported in Ecuadorian media
Laurie also referred to the same story a few days back with the same bit of caution. I guess that, until the transfer is 100% through, the English journalists tend to be a bit more cautious (whether by their own approach or by the club).

Achilles McCool

There used to be a Premier League show on tv here in Canada that would feature fan call ins. It was for the international broadcast of the PL and would feature usually callers from the Middle East and Africa. Someone might recognize and remember what the show was called, I believe Leroy Rosenior would be on it.

Anyway, every week this African guy in Ottawa named Obi would call in. Every week without fail he’d phone in and descend into a rant about “Mikel Obi” being a world class number 10 and if Chelsea would just play him as a 10 they’d win every game. He was Chelsea’s best player and basically the greatest player to ever live. He’d also just say “Mikel Obi” a ridiculous amount of times over and over.

It’s nice to know 10 years on, he’s found the Caf to continue his deluded love for “Mikel Obi”.
:lol: :lol:
I don't know why, but this story of a caller chiming in every week for Obi reminds me of Dave from Newcastle on Special1 TV and his obsession with Ameobi!:D
Damn, I miss those Setanta sports halftime shows! “Shut up, Dave!”

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What's interesting is that Jordi Cruyff was manager/Head Coach of Ecuador a few months ago before stepping down and it's known that Solskjaer and Cruyff are close friends. Which makes me think that Cruyff will have had a significant input in us potentially signing the player.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
We seem to be getting stacked with future talent. I can't see the point if they're never going to be given the opportunity. Hopefully that won't be the case. Pellestri's already putting in the numbers so expecting to see him on the bench in the near future.

Caicedo looks a real talent/prospect though. Hope we manage these younglings properly.

ThinkTank@Cafe

What's interesting is that Jordi Cruyff was manager/Head Coach of Ecuador a few months ago before stepping down and it's known that Solskjaer and Cruyff are close friends. Which makes me think that Cruyff will have had a significant input in us potentially signing the player.
Good to know! Hope the guy will turn out to play a bigger role than Dan James.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's also been touted as a potential DOF. So if this signing is recommended and works out, good little interview

Status
Not open for further replies.