Morten Hjulmand

I remember that fun fact from 6-7 years ago - that every player in the P.L whose name started with SCH had all played for United one way or another.....Schlupp was on trial and played one game for the reserves as I recall
Schmidfield :drool:

I remember that fun fact from 6-7 years ago - that every player in the P.L whose name started with SCH had all played for United one way or another.....Schlupp was on trial and played one game for the reserves as I recall

It has to be older than that due to Schürrle.

That would be preferable if slightly weird
Even this cock?

soccer-barclays-premier-league-tottenham-hotspur-v-liverpool-white-GCWB8P.jpg

Hojlund, Hjulmand, Hojberg, Hojer, Hojholt, Hojgaard, O.Hojlund. Let's just confuse the opposition with players all basically named the same.

It doesn't even make any sense. "Høj" means "high". This in a country where there is no such thing - the highest point in Denmark stands about 170m above sea level.

It doesn't even make any sense. "Høj" means "high". This in a country where there is no such thing - the highest point in Denmark stands about 170m above sea level.

To be fair, it also means "hill" or "mound", which is probably what all these names refer to.

Not if you've been watching Vikings

Even at the fictional level (which is what the Scandinavian geography of "Vikings" firmly and stupidly is), I think that's meant to be in SW Sweden? Not that there's really fjords and mountains there either.

Even at the fictional level (which is what the Scandinavian geography of "Vikings" firmly and stupidly is), I think that's meant to be in SW Sweden? Not that there's really fjords and mountains there either.

Nah, man lots of danish city-names in the show with huge mountains in the background :lol: Ridiculous but hey.. KATTEGAT!

Time to bump this. On team of the year in Portugal, 4 assists and 4 goals as DM. I saw him play for Denmark in the friendlies and he has an insane presence and energy as well. Linked with us again and wants a move to the PL. Definitely an upgrade on Amrabat.

Pricetag just went up 20 mil.

Really impressed with his all round play, probably the best player on the pitch so far. Great energy too which is always a plus.

Really impressed with his all round play, probably the best player on the pitch so far. Great energy too which is always a plus.

He had a very good second half of the season for us. Rúben Amorim said that he was a more complete player than Palhinha and Ugarte. Very big praise from him considering he was a big Ugarte supporter. He was probably our best midfielder along Pote. Integral part of our league win. I think he will reach his objective of playing in the PL. Arsenal and Patrick Vieira fan. I'd love if he stayed another year and play the CL with us. I was afraid of him shining in the Euro. I was unfortunately right.

Hojlund, Hjulmand, Hojberg, Hojer, Hojholt, Hojgaard, O.Hojlund. Let's just confuse the opposition with players all basically named the same.

His stats - aside from tackling - are atrocious, why on earth would we think he is good enough for the Premier League when he's not even that great in Portugal?
Just the best MD here in Portugal.
He might not be good enough to make the diference in Manchester but what is interesting are the rumors about Alan V. from Porto and Neves from Benfica and the hype i've read here surrounding them.

Last edited:
He had a very good second half of the season for us. Rúben Amorim said that he was a more complete player than Palhinha and Ugarte. Very big praise from him considering he was a big Ugarte supporter. He was probably our best midfielder along Pote. Integral part of our league win. I think he will reach his objective of playing in the PL. Arsenal and Patrick Vieira fan. I'd love if he stayed another year and play the CL with us. I was afraid of him shining in the Euro. I was unfortunately right.

Unfortunately him being an Arsenal and Vieira fan will not go down well at all at United or with our fans, so he's probably ruled out for us.

Unfortunately him being an Arsenal and Vieira fan will not go down well at all at United or with our fans, so he's probably ruled out for us.
I’m sure that as long as he keeps it to himself and he played well, our fans would support anyone with our shirt on. Friggin Michael Owen played in United and there was no rioting was there?
Anyway, great performance by Hjulmand yesterday, completely outshone Rice and TAA.

Our incoming CEO was openly rooting against us less than a decade ago. Wayne Rooney is Everton through and through and Kieran Trippier comes from a passionate United supporting family, yet when the opportunity came, he went to Newcastle instead. These things mean little in the professional sense.

Just the best MD here in Portugal.
He might not be good enough to make the diference in Manchester but what is interesting are the rumors about Alan V. from Porto and Neves from Benfica and the hype i've read here surrounding them.
On the hype point: Benfica tax is crazy, obviously (both in fee and helping hype a player) but an 18/19 year old doing what Neves did in a senior league is always going to gather more hype than a 22 year old (Varela) or 24 year old (Hjulmand).

Hjulmand looked good last night, but these don’t make for the most impressive reading at surface level: https://fbref.com/en/players/d4456fb3/Morten-Hjulmand

Maybe that’s what your post alludes to — if he is one of the best midfielders in Portugal he’s surely up for a bigger move, just doesn’t seem like it should necessarily be us.

I'm not gonna pretend to have watched him in any games for Sporting, but he's been Denmark's best player over the two friendlies and two opening games at the Euro's. He looks pretty well-rounded as a CDM type player. Good passing ability, lots of running, can shoot from distance, and seems to have a leadership mentality as well. He was also in the team of the season in the Portuguese league. Maybe he does look a bit on the light side, but that can be worked on.

I don't think the Premier League should necessarily be his next move though.

Lately he's been described as a bit of a madman by his former coaches. In a good way, as in he doesn't get fazed by anything. You can also see, that he's very vocal in this Denmark team despite being a newcomer in the group. We could really use that mentality.

Don't see him as a defensive midfielder per se, so if we are in the market for a controlling midfielder who can shield the defence, we should bring in another player along him.

He’s basically been the best player on the pitch the last 4 Denmark games I’ve watched - the two warm up games pre tournament and the two euros games so far.

Our incoming CEO was openly rooting against us less than a decade ago. Wayne Rooney is Everton through and through and Kieran Trippier comes from a passionate United supporting family, yet when the opportunity came, he went to Newcastle instead. These things mean little in the professional sense.
Newcastle had a bid accepted. United didn’t. There was no choice to make