Most prolific rapist in the world?

TheReligion

Abusive
BBC News - Reynhard Sinaga: Britain's 'most prolific rapist' jailed for life
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50987823

Remember this when he was first caught. One of the biggest trials and investigations in British history. Still around 70 victims untraced. Appears he's been active at least 10 years and took particular pleasure in targeting heterosexual men. Frightening.

Raw

What an absolute shit stain. Can't even imagine how distressing it must be to find out that you were one of his victims and you had no idea it even happened.

poleglass red

read this this morning, vile human being. I hope he never gets out, article I read said he must serve at least 30 yrs. I hope it's more as he'd be only 66 by then. Such a cunning, vile person. For the amount of crimes he committed and the pre-planning involved, life should be actually life.

Dante

Average bang
Bloody hell! I used to live only a few doors down the road from him when he was committing his spree!

I would have almost certainly walked past him on several occasions.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It's great that he's been caught and all but I can't help thinking that if he'd been preying on women not as much would have been done.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If I'm not mistaken there is at least one colombian in the hundreds but I seem to remember at least two.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's great that he's been caught and all but I can't help thinking that if he'd been preying on women not as much would have been done.
He's got hundreds of hours of himself sexually abusing people while they were unconscious.

Classical Mechanic

Really? Personally I'm staggered that this I've only heard of this case today given that I live in Greater Manchester. If he was offending against women then I'm sure it would have been a much bigger story. Assuming there's not some legal ruling that meant the case wasn't allowed to be reported or something.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Really? Personally I'm staggered that this I've only heard of this case today given that I live in Greater Manchester. If he was offending against women then I'm sure it would have been a much bigger story. Assuming there's not some legal ruling that meant the case wasn't allowed to be reported or something.
From BBC
he judge ruled his life sentence must include a minimum of 30 years in jail. Reporting restrictions were also lifted at a sentencing hearing at Manchester Crown Court on Monday, meaning Sinaga could be identified for the first time.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50987823

Dante

Average bang
That quote only mentions restrictions on reporting the defendant's identity, not about the fact there was an ongoing trial. I didn't hear anything about the latter.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The problem is that only a handful of his victims even entertained the thought that this guy may have raped them. The police suspect he was raping men in Manchester since 2005 so I don't think his victims feel that much had been done to stop this man.

Kopral Jono

The name sounds Indonesian

@Kopral Jono
Most definitely. I just want to point out to everyone else on here that his surname translates to as 'the dragon', but that's neither here nor there.

I was living in London when he was caught and yet I've only heard about this today. In any case, from the reports I read earlier, there were no signs of him showing any regrets whatsoever of what he did throughout his trials. What a disgusting individual, the kind of monster who couldn't care less if he himself gets raped or even killed; hell, he'd probably try to commit suicide behind bars a few years down the line.

I just hope his victims can move on with their lives.

Dr. Dwayne

He's got hundreds of hours of himself sexually abusing people while they were unconscious.
Yes, that probably aided the prosecution.

Really? I think gay sex crimes are taken less seriously in general.
Yes really. Gay isn't a gender. These were crimes against men. The comment in the article that he liked preying on hetero dudes the most is very telling in this regard.

If he'd been offending against women then we'd have the usual comments about fake accusations, etc., designed to minimize the public reaction. Unfortunately for this guy, pretending they were asleep is a piss poor excuse and it shows.

The problem is that only a handful of his victims even entertained the thought that this guy may have raped them. The police suspect he was raping men in Manchester since 2005 so I don't think his victims feel that much had been done to stop this man.
It's more to do with the sentencing, I think. He's good at what he does as you note (i.e. many of his his victims have no recollection of being assaulted), which no doubt made him harder to catch. I'm sure we'll learn more about the investigation and such in the coming days.

gormless

Reporting restrictions were lifted today

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I assume he won't be sent back to Indonesia because he could face the death penalty there. It's a shame that the UK has to look after him for the rest of his life.

TheReligion

Abusive
What makes you think that?

You can't do much if people aren't reporting it. That's the thing.

Dr. Dwayne

What makes you think that?
Some of the attitudes toward women, rape and rape accusations in all levels of society, really.

Historically, we haven't done women right in this area. Civilians, law enforcement and the judiciary all have recent examples of shocking attitudes towards women who claim they were raped.

Obviously I'm not tarring all those areas with the same brush but these attitudes are still about enough to warrant my opinion.

TheReligion

Abusive
Some of the attitudes toward women, rape and rape accusations in all levels of society, really.

Historically, we haven't done women right in this area. Civilians, law enforcement and the judiciary all have recent examples of shocking attitudes towards women who claim they were raped.

Obviously I'm not tarring all those areas with the same brush but these attitudes are still about enough to warrant my opinion.
I think it's a perfectly valid opinion but not in this specific instance, especially when you read the details of the case and how it all came to light. The sex of the victims wouldn't have made any difference to be honest.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Bit of an awkward question, but he penetrated his victims. How did they not know? Obviously I don't mean at the time, but I'd have thought a heterosexual man would know the next day if he'd been analy raped.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I was just listening to the serial killer podcast on Jeffrey Dahmer. This is some vile shit.
This guy even used the same kind of psychopathic tactic in court as Dahmer. His defense was "all the sexual activity was consensual and that each man had agreed to being filmed while pretending to be asleep". The purpose of that was going through case by case so he could relive it again. I don't know of another explanation as to why he would make that "defense".

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Only got released to public today.

Listar

It’s weird that your first post about a topic of drug rape on men you hijacked it to be about women. Have you no sympathy to the victims in this case? Or men just don’t matter?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
That quote only mentions restrictions on reporting the defendant's identity, not about the fact there was an ongoing trial. I didn't hear anything about the latter.
There were four separate trials, the judges put reporting restrictions on all of them so as not to influence the different juries. The CPS held out right until the end of the 4th in case there was another trial as there were so many victims.

Dr. Dwayne

It’s weird that your first post about a topic of drug rape on men you hijacked it to be about women. Have you no sympathy to the victims in this case? Or men just don’t matter?
I'm not hijacking anything. Just commenting on a discussion forum. Not weird at all.

Your questions, on the other hand, are quite absurd.

Listar

I'm not hijacking anything. Just commenting on a discussion forum. Not weird at all.

Your questions, on the other hand, are quite absurd.
Except your first sentence "Its great he has been caught", none of your subsequent posts in this thread has any relevance to the thread title.

Trying not to be a hypocrite myself, I will refrain from talking on this matter in this thread. You know full well what you did.

Rooney24

How did he get his hands on all those drugs over the years and why did that not raise suspicion?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This guy even used the same kind of psychopathic tactic in court as Dahmer. His defense was "all the sexual activity was consensual and that each man had agreed to being filmed while pretending to be asleep". The purpose of that was going through case by case so he could relive it again. I don't know of another explanation as to why he would make that "defense".
He's also clearly a lot more manipulative and sharper than Dahmer, who was schizophrenic and toed the line between being contrite for his actions at some point.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Bit of an awkward question, but he penetrated his victims. How did they not know? Obviously I don't mean at the time, but I'd have thought a heterosexual man would know the next day if he'd been analy raped.
I would imagine that the drugs he plied them with probably relaxed their muscles. Also I'm guessing that there was probably an element of shame and embarassment with many of the victims that even if they suspected something had happened, would preclude them from saying anything to anyone.