MOTD best goals

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
On now.

I'm not having Andros Townsend. Obviously a great goal, but he's not a great player. For me, it's a fluke, because he's never done anything like that again and probably never will.

The RVP goal, conversely, is no fluke, for me, it's 2 class players linking up perfectly.

Dan_F

On now.

I'm not having Andros Townsend. Obviously a great goal, but he's not a great player. For me, it's a fluke, because he's never done anything like that again and probably never will.

The RVP goal, conversely, is no fluke, for me, it's 2 class players linking up perfectly.
The Van Persie volley was probably the hardest to score technique wise, coming across the body like that.

I think a goal like Kompany’s should be higher. Context is important and to basically win the title with that makes it a better goal than swinging a leg at something while 3-0 up.

Fitchett

Typical MOTD can never give United's players credit. Notable omissions are Rooney's overhead kick against Man City, two half way line goals from Rooney and Beckham, Scholes' volleys at Aston Villa and Bradford City. Plus Rooney's long range goal for Everton two seasons ago. All of those are better goals than Kompany's or Townsend's.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Bergkamp’s goal was total class and composure. Would have been my number 1 also.

kirk buttercup

Typical MOTD can never give United's players credit. Notable omissions are Rooney's overhead kick against Man City, two half way line goals from Rooney and Beckham, Scholes' volleys at Aston Villa and Bradford City. Plus Rooney's long range goal for Everton two seasons ago. All of those are better goals than Kompany's or Townsend's.
Rooney Shinned it .... I'm kidding it was a cracker

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Shearer didnt even put giggeys goal in his top 10.
Easily should've been both their no 1 goal surely.
Wright put it at 4...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Looking at this thread, I doubt that I'm going to listen to it. Thanks for saving me an hour, guys!

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think that this goal from Rod Wallace vs. Tottenham in 1993/1994 should have made the cut:

Art Vandelay

To be fair they were both cracking goals and Kompany's won them the title.

Beckham scored better goals than the halfway line goal. Rooney too. Surprised Cantona had none in there, the chip against Sunderland. Volley against Arsenal and the freekick I think against Arsenal too.

RUCK4444

I can’t believe all the goals you guys have listed above didn’t feature! Really?

That’s saved me a watch later.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I can't believe that Di Canio goal didn't feature. I'd have it number one I reckon.
The goal against Wimbledon? That's mental if that isn't there. I'd have it as my no.1 too.

I'd have this up there too.

AKDevil

On now.

regardless what you think of Townsend, doesn’t change the goal he scored. Can’t say because he wasn’t good (in your opinion) the goal doesn’t count! Or, if you want to be pedantic, you can say it, but it makes no sense.

AKDevil

I can’t believe all the goals you guys have listed above didn’t feature! Really?

That’s saved me a watch later.
Weirdly they decided to add FA Cup goals into the mix so Giggs and Trevor Sinclair took up two spaces. But, do your top 10 and see how many good goals get left out. Not easy.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't believe they didn't include Dalian Atkinson (which I think won goal of the season in 92/93) and the Beckham halfway line goal.

Seemed a bit odd to include FA cup goals when they could've just done a show on that next week.

Wasn't RVP half a yard offside for that goal.... ;) He'd scored a few similar for Arsenal like that. I agree the Scholes volley at Villa Park should've been on the list aswell.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
regardless what you think of Townsend, doesn’t change the goal he scored. Can’t say because he wasn’t good (in your opinion) the goal doesn’t count! Or, if you want to be pedantic, you can say it, but it makes no sense.
You missed the point of what I said. If some bloke scores a screamer in a Sunday league game, it's basically a fluke. Obviously, Townsend is way above that level, but his goal was basically hit and hope, he'll never score a goal like that again in the rest of his career.

The Rooney RVP goal, they could try that goal attempt 10 times and RVP would score half of them at least, it's no fluke, it's class.

Same with Scholes's volley from that far out, he's done it multiple times, and he'd get it on target 50% of the time.

Do you get it now?

Fitchett

RVN's goal against Fulham, when he ran through from the centre circle, beating several defenders was another notable omission. MOTD should have gone for a bigger list of goals, 10 is joke, especially with the bias shown by their pundits.

Redcy

Wright still couldn’t gives giggs full credit the fecking prick

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
The jack wilshere one seems out of place for me
Nah that was included based on it being the 'best team goal', the build up play and touches from Giroud and Wilshere before were sublime and it was also voted the best premier league goal in whatever season it was but probably Arsenal fans had their say in that. Funnily enough Giroud's 'scorpion kick' against Palace never got a mention in the show.

Redcy

Nah that was included based on it being the 'best team goal', the build up play and touches from Giroud and Wilshere before were sublime and it was also voted the best premier league goal in whatever season it was but probably Arsenal fans had their say in that. Funnily enough Giroud's 'scorpion kick' against Palace never got a mention in the show.
I understood it was a team goal not sure it was the best ever team goal though.

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins
LeTissier got on both list but strangely for 2 different goals!