Mount’s kick out at Fred

rotherham_red

I really don't think there is enough in this to deserve its own thread.... had a bit of conversation about it in the VAR thread (Or was it the CHO thread... or the Shaw thread, who knows at this point).

But really it's a yellow at most... so yeah, nothing incident.
Beckham says hi, and even that was just a flick rather than the more forceful one Mount did. Plus that was in the 90s (before the game got even softer)

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why is this being ignored?
It's not being ignored, it's been brought up in multiple different threads on here and on social media (that Tweet you posted has thousands of likes).

The media are not covering it as there was another ref decision in that game taking up all their attention!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Beckham says hi, and even that was just a flick rather than the more forceful one Mount did. Plus that was in the 90s (before the game got even softer)
Beckham shouldn't have been sent off though

That was also the consensus around the time too (and certainly that you'd never have got sent off for doing that in the Premier League in a million years.)

Look at Maguire's kick in the same game last year as a more recent example. Ultimately there will always be stuff like these that do end in reds, but they mostly don't.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
It's a red card in my view, you cant kick out like that. Mounts lucky Fred doesn't realise he's kicked out at him, otherwise if Freds rolling around on the floor and then i think Mounts off.
Though saying that Maguire did a similar thing to Michy at Stamford Bridge last season and Maguire got away with it so who knows.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Fred reacted and made a meal out of it, it's definitely a red.

I'm proud of Fred for not acting like a total idiot, but at the same time we do need to be more streetwise against opponents that don't want to play fair either.

Nick7

the fact he starts to writhe in pain after kicking Fred is absolutely hilarious.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

I'm proud of Fred for not acting like a total idiot, but at the same time we do need to be more streetwise against opponents that don't want to play fair either.
Maguire went down easily in the box away to West Brom 2 weeks ago. You have plenty of players who can be streetwise.

Adam-Utd

Maguire went down easily in the box away to West Brom 2 weeks ago. You have plenty of players who can be streetwise.
Not quite the same thing, and Maguire did get pulled back - penalties get given for that sort all the time.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Not quite the same thing, and Maguire did get pulled back - penalties get given for that sort all the time.
But he still went down easily. There is always contact in the box from set pieces, If you gave the one on Maguire you'd be giving a penalty nearly every corner.
Thats what i thought you meant from "streetwise".

gazbradley

To be fair I didn’t see it at the time myself so can see why var maybe missed it. I think if Fred or anyone else noticed he could well have been sent off especially after the handball controversy. Mounts reaction after kicking out clearly showed his intent, panicked and thought ‘if I roll around and make the tackle look worse Fred might walk as well’

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If it was closer to hitting him it would've for sure been red. As it is missed him by enough for nothing to he worth doing.

Adam-Utd

But he still went down easily. There is always contact in the box from set pieces, If you gave the one on Maguire you'd be giving a penalty nearly every corner.
Thats what i thought you meant from "streetwise".
In terms of winning penalties sure, but in terms of feigning injury when opponents lash out we are naive.

Martial with Lamela especially was a big one.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I always remember Michael Ball stamping on Ronaldo's stomach and nothing being said about it years ago, it's wrong but unless a United player is the "villain" then nothing will be said of it.

Oranges038

Worst kick out I've seen since Beckham nearly removed the bottom half of Simeone's leg.

Should be banned for life.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
I was worried when i watched this, if Fred had of made more of it then we'd be looking at a red card. I also thought CHO's handball was a penalty.

Not the right way to look at it but it's kind of balanced out both Maguire's penalty on Dave this season and his kick out on Batshuayi last season. One thing is for sure we need more consistency

MalcolmTucker

I didn't even notice that at the time. If Fred rolls around it's a red, but that wouldn't exactly have been the most righteous way to victory.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I was worried when i watched this, if Fred had of made more of it then we'd be looking at a red card. I also thought CHO's handball was a penalty.

Not the right way to look at it but it's kind of balanced out both Maguire's penalty on Dave this season and his kick out on Batshuayi last season. One thing is for sure we need more consistency
It's kinda crazy how there's been almost mirror incidents both for and against in our games.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
It's kinda crazy how there's been almost mirror incidents both for and against in our games.
That's exactly what i was thinking. I'm sure we could dig more out but we've both had 1 pen and 1 kick out go for and against...

Crustanoid

We don’t get given stuff since Klopp pissed himself live in a televised interview whilst blubbing uncontrollably about penalties.

Mount was lucky.

There’s a fair few points wehave lost because of this

SER19

Another example of our players being too passive with these things. Let refs do whatever for 90 minutes and let opposition bully them. Look how lamela went down for much less at old Trafford. Not condoning that, but if Fred even makes anything of that mount would get a red

To me it speaks to all of these tiny areas that can add up to gaining a few points a season. Not just re cards but loads of small areas of being a bit more ruthless and smart

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Should have been a red, but no one, Fred included, seemed to notice it.

We don’t get given stuff since Klopp pissed himself live in a televised interview whilst blubbing uncontrollably about penalties.
Yeah, at the time it seemed funny, and it was obvious he was sinking and clutching at straws. He did sink but unfortunately dragged us down with him.

DoomSlayer

Which people? Random social media users? It's up to utd fans to do the same if they wish.

But from the quarters that matter, it was not even considered.
It's a definite red card for Mount, are you blind or would you like other teams to walk over us?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's far more a red than the Fred 'headbutt' the media got in a tizzy about.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Another example of our players being too passive with these things. Let refs do whatever for 90 minutes and let opposition bully them. Look how lamela went down for much less at old Trafford. Not condoning that, but if Fred even makes anything of that mount would get a red

To me it speaks to all of these tiny areas that can add up to gaining a few points a season. Not just re cards but loads of small areas of being a bit more ruthless and smart
I genuinely think Fred didn't even notice.

Smores

This place is getting RAWK fever. Spend so much time talking about supposed injustices rather than our own poor performances.

Threads claiming Lindeloff karate kick is fine but then something one of our own players didn't even notice is a red.

Zoo

This place is getting RAWK fever. Spend so much time talking about supposed injustices rather than our own poor performances.

Threads claiming Lindeloff karate kick is fine but then something one of our own players didn't even notice is a red.
If you want to discuss our poor performances there are plenty of threads to do so in.

SER19

To be fair I think huge amount of this forum is just slating our performances. Even if it were Liverpool I would say one club getting the 2 Sheffield United decisions against them, the non penalty yesterday and a couple of others, in a short amount of time, isn't getting the rub of the green. Combine it with the mass hysteria every time we do get a penalty, to the point of paddy Power adverts even highlighting it, you can see why some fans get wound up

Smores

To be fair I think huge amount of this forum is just slating our performances. Even if it were Liverpool I would say one club getting the 2 Sheffield United decisions against them, the non penalty yesterday and a couple of others, in a short amount of time, isn't getting the rub of the green. Combine it with the mass hysteria every time we do get a penalty, to the point of paddy Power adverts even highlighting it, you can see why some fans get wound up
It's no different to any other club, we've gone through periods where questionable penalties have won us games but everyone in their bias forgets about those. You're going to get games where decisions go against you too.

It's sad to see this victim complex forming.

Dan_F

Lets not pretend Fred wouldn’t have rolled around if he’d realised what Mount had done. Did many people mention it in the match day thread? I certainly didn’t see it in the replays weirdly.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
So between that and the penalty that's Maguire's kick out at Michy and his wrestling of Azpi evened out.

Zen86

It's no different to any other club, we've gone through periods where questionable penalties have won us games but everyone in their bias forgets about those. You're going to get games where decisions go against you too.

It's sad to see this victim complex forming.
A questionable decision in our favour gets discussed for days by the media, and anything against is completely ignored. See the Martial penalty for example. It’s not a victim complex.

DoomSlayer

So between that and the penalty that's Maguire's kick out at Michy and his wrestling of Azpi evened out.
If we microanalyse every free kick and corner, we can find many situations of Chelsea players bending the rules and committing fouls. Your captain should be sent off most games for constantly putting pressure on the refs, if we go by the rules.