"Mountains are there to be climbed" | How's your Bottle??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

I don’t dread this side at all. Any sort of improvement in terms of press and we win this

tomaldinho1

I don’t dread this side at all. Any sort of improvement in terms of press and we win this
Yep exactly. They are basically forced to play like us under Ole but with better players given the front three, any kind of press in place and we can completely overrun their midfield. That said, if we go by the Norwich game, we'll get hammered.

Red Stone

Champions League Ronaldo will be fecking ready for this one. We'll be fine.

cyberman

Yeah what is the expected date for return for him?

I fully trust our team to be ready for them come Feb. Nice that we finish it at home as well. Away goals also no long a problem to worry about.
Middle of February but they’re saying it could be later. Either way he isn’t playing after so many months out

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Varane back, Ronaldo up front and a well drilled press? I think we can do it. Just hope we sign a midfielder first.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
No worries, between super fred, champions league Varane and Siuuuuuuuuuuu(per) Ron we've got this.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I hope both Messi and Ronaldo don’t feature across the 2 legs. UEFA deserve payback for their incompetence in organising a fair draw

L1nk

Someone actually made a video on this fraud of a match?

PSG all over us, hitting the woodwork multiple times.. how do we win?

Goal from a terrible backpass directly into Lukaku
Goal from a terrible unusual spill from an easy catch for Buffon directly
Goal from a lucky penalty in the last minute

Can't believe still think of this match like it's some mythical great escape we made from playing well, it was one of the luckiest wins we've ever had and it got blown way out of proportion which led to Ole's hiring in the first place. I've never understood it, even if I was ecstatic with the win at the time

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We can beat these. We absolutely battered them in Paris last season and they only got a consolation from a bizarre Martial own goal. We should have won by more.

kthanksbye

Can't believe still think of this match like it's some mythical great escape we made from playing well, it was one of the luckiest wins we've ever had and it got blown way out of proportion which led to Ole's hiring in the first place. I've never understood it, even if I was ecstatic with the win at the time
Agreed.

SuperiorXI

Bore off

SirAnderson

Thanks for your great insight and input.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

The ecstasy was too much on the night. It felt like we had won the world.

CG1010

Get Rashford into form. He loves playing against this lot. And of course we have Ronaldo.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Well in this case mountains can just be demolished and new potentially smaller much easier mountains are now available to climb.

Where's your shit analogy now eh?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Yeah it was a smash and grab, but at the time it still felt amazing after being well beaten 2-0 at home. I don’t know why it has the reverence it does though. It was the round of 16, and we were thumped 4-0 the following round.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
An interim manager vs PSG in round of 16. What can go wrong :drool:

L1nk

Yeah it was a smash and grab, but at the time it still felt amazing after being well beaten 2-0 at home. I don’t know why it has the reverence it does though. It was the round of 16, and we were thumped 4-0 the following round.
Yeah like I said, of course it felt amazing and even I was ecstatic, but if you actually watch the match/highlights we were god awful and people act like it's the CL99 final in terms of importance and infamy

Thanks for your great insight and input.
Sorry I don't accept drops in standards to the floor, it was the round of 16 and we got torched in the next round

SirAnderson

Yeah like I said, of course it felt amazing and even I was ecstatic, but if you actually watch the match/highlights we were god awful and people act like it's the CL99 final in terms of importance and infamy

Sorry I don't accept drops in standards to the floor, it was the round of 16 and we got torched in the next round
Let's close the thread, this guy doesn't accept drops in standards.

Hopefully Rangnick will approach you after the interim term has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.