Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

Sure Poch is only using Spurs as a stepping stone to the New England Patriots gig. Why would he leave now, just as his plan is coming to fruition?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not true. Opportunities like Utd don't come around often. He wouldn't leave mid season, but he would have no qualms leaving Spurs in the summer for a better club. Even in crisis Utd have won more in the past three years than spurs have in 30 years.
Ok well let's see what happens. In my view there is zero chance of him leaving Spurs for any club right now. In a couple of years sure, but not now.

Wayne's World

It should have been done months ago, wasted our season with him in charge complaining about everything and failing out with our best players

Dinghy

Just did a Klopp-like celebration in the office. What a day.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nope, he acted like a prick while on the job and we shouldn't turn the other cheek.

John Keiler

That behind the hand comment from Woodward to Charlton sealed it for me. I said to my wife at the time - that's it, he's gone.

PoTMS

Jardim would also be a good shout. Had a terrific few seasons with Monaco and plays good football. Plus if he doesn't work out, we cut ties at the end of the season. This season's a write off regardless.

slored1

Fantastic news. Now we have to think rationally and not overreact like Real did. I'm for Conte or Jardim.

Ranchero

Pocchetino... another flavour of the month. Levy won't let him go without a fight. We need someone who will get the ethos of the club and will bleed United.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

A manager who can't win a trophy with the best striker in the League, the best attacking midfielder in the League and some of the most solid midfielders and CBs.

And who bottled it against Mourinho's United in the FA Cup semifinal last season.

Are we supposed to be excited?

Revan

Assumptionman
Just saw this. Great news but delayed, and Ed screwed another season by not acting faster.

Please now get a DoF before we hire the next permanent manager whoever it is.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Zidane until the end of the season. He does well, sign him up to a two year contract. He does average, get rid and go all in for Pochettino.
Nah, I wouldn't want Poch to feel second choice.

I'd tell his agent now we want him in the summer no matter what happens with the interim.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I think we can all agree that we are overdue a manager that plays good football, winning right now would be a bonus, I just want to be entertained!

We hired Mou as a "guarantee" of trophies and sacrificed our identity for it, and it blew up in our faces, time to get the joy back to Old Trafford.

Siorac

Not going to happen, I think. I'd be OK with it - mostly plays proactive football, on the front foot though I wouldn't call Spurs' attacking play spectacular. Improves the players at this disposal.

But yeah, Spurs aren't going to let him go now and he won't want this mess. Probably holding out for the Real Madrid job eventually.

Eddy_JukeZ

People suggesting SAF are surely wumming?

Would be terrible. Disregarding his recent illness, I'd rather he retire on a high.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's because we took so long to do it. It should've been done months ago. It's like months of frustration let out in one big sigh of relief.
A manager that finished second should have been sacked ‘months ago’.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Nah feck him. He had such a massive opportunity here and completely wasted it within his own ineptitude and refusal to adapt and change with the times and club.

BlueHaze

I am probably the biggest Pochettino in person on this forum. He has been my main choice for a long while but I don't see it happening unfortunately. I think when he said he plans to stay at the Spurs for a long time it was genuine. But to be quite frank I am not thinking ahead of time at this moment. The rush of adrenaline running through my body right now is making me unable to think properly. I am so happy right now and I havn't been in a very long while.

LARulz

:lol: That would be the most random appointment.

“Let me take a quick break from managing the best international team in the world to have a six month pop at United”
How many international games between now and May? Not that it should be him though

I would Zidane till the end and think he'd go for it. He would come with absolutely no real expectations on him (top 4 out the window and no CL realistically), he can leave without being considered a failure and for us, he would easily calm the players and command instant respect of the 'troublesome' players. If they are inconsistent and he drops them, good luck for Pogba and co to go after Zidane

rooneyberbatov

Unfortunately for us, Jose's lost it. The game's moved on and he hasn't adapted well to the fact he's been left behind. So it's a good decision.

We need to make things right this time. A big overhaul is needed. Especially better training coaches and maybe a DoF. Someone who knows how to run a football club, not a cash cow.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's because we took so long to do it. It should've been done months ago. It's like months of frustration let out in one big sigh of relief.
This. Close thread.

By the afternoon, the worry about who we appoint next will sink in.

predator

Youth NITK
It's excitement for the future. This season is as good as over already but maybe it will give us a chance to see which players can turn it around now they are liberated from Jose.

ShoePolish

Hope it's neither of Blanc, Deschamps or Lopetegui. Couldn't take another year of same crap.

Cloud7

I’ll be celebrating with a glass of whiskey after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.