Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

Willian was far more of a factor in the Chelsea team though so the comparison doesn't work. Bebe was a non factor.
Not enough of a factor considering he averages 5 fecking goals a season. We need RWs prolific like Salah, not Chelsea's bench warmers.

fellaini's barber

I'm honestly so thankful we never allowed him to have a KDB moment here. Credit where it's due to Woodward.
What was really disgusting was how the cultists on here turn on any player once there was any talk of that player having issues with Jose. Pogba and Martial got dogs abuse on here once they had issues with Jose. I was shocked when I went to DDG's thread the week there was talk about him not wanting to renew and already they were slating him, saying he was not that good anyway, and that Oblak or something was better. How does the man turn fans to utter idiots?

haram

People actually believed Harry McGuire was the key ingredient to attacking football.
It's Maguire. No, but defenders that help build up is a part of gradually developing different dimensions to our game. A machine is not going to run just because a few of the parts have been purchased and added.

haram

Not enough of a factor considering he averages 5 fecking goals a season. We need RWs like Salah, not Chelsea's bench warmers.
If you are going to just bang on about his goals then perhaps you do not understand the qualities he brings in terms of transition. I'm done with you and this Willian topic anyway. If another manager wants a different winger because his vision of how he wants to approach buildup is different then thats fine. That doesn't make Willian a bad player at all.

Jose's way is not the only way. Neither is another managers. If they have a vision and you give them contracts then you should back it. That is my point.

Kapardin

What was really disgusting was how the cultists on here turn on any player once there was any talk of that player having issues with Jose. Pogba and Martial got dogs abuse on here once they had issues with Jose. I was shocked when I went to DDG's thread the week there was talk about him not wanting to renew and already they were slating him, saying he was not that good anyway, and that Oblak or something was better. How does the man turn fans to utter idiots?
I don't deny he's got a magnetic personality. You can see how he might have motivated those Porto, Chelsea and Inter dressing rooms in his pomp. I myself thought he would bring that passion here, but he was more of the dour character from Chelsea 15/16.

That spark is gone, I'm not sure he's getting it back.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Still smile when I think of Mourinho getting sacked. What a great day for the club and our sanity.

Kapardin

If you are going to just bang on about his goals then perhaps you do not understand the qualities he brings in terms of transition. I'm done with you and this Willian topic anyway. If another manager wants a different winger because his vision of how he wants to approach buildup is different then thats fine. That doesn't make Willian a bad player at all.

Jose's way is not the only way. Neither is another managers. If they have a vision and you give them contracts then you should back it. That is my point.
We can get wingers who both score and aid in "transition". The problem is many of them are younger and hence Jose has a problem developing them. Instead he wants a workhorse, a yes man who will support him in his fights with Pogba.

Also, Willian has been stinking the place out at Chelsea this season barring one or two games where he has been decent. This is according to Chelsea fans. Wanting Willian for "transition" instead of a more complete winger is like saying Fellaini can be used instead of Pogba as he does keep the midfield ticking and scores goals at times.

Mourinho wanted mediocrity and I'm glad he didn't get it. Doesn't mean Ed is blameless, but somehow the board's goof-ups worked in our favor by serendipity.

SqueakyWeasel

I truly believe that Mourinho over-complicated everything because he needs the plaudits.

He needed it to be something he had conjured not something called "the United way"

Silly fecker didn't realise he could have retired here as THE MOST successful manager EVER in 15-20 years time :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No idea, I'm baffled people are still wasting so much time discussing the bloke. I know free will and all that, just seems odd to keep going over it.
It's just a thread for United fans to argue the toss amongst themselves.

Seems a little redundant if you ask me.

simmee

People care so much about being proven right, on a fecking online forum with virtual avatars and identities. It's truly bizarre :lol:

The man is gone, it's time to move on from him.
I don't care about their argument. Mourinho's man managent is piss poor and I'm glad he's gone. I just think people like them ruin the caf with their constant bitching and need to divide everyone into cults/haters/whatever.

Stactix

I have a plan, YOU just need to Trust me.
Just one more Centreback and then, then we'll be able to attack. Have faith.

haram

I don't care about their argument. Mourinho's man managent is piss poor and I'm glad he's gone. I just think people like them ruin the caf with their constant bitching and need to divide everyone into cults/haters/whatever.
Exactly, you can have your opinion on Jose. He is gone now though and we should be positive.

Shiva87

I truly believe that Mourinho over-complicated everything because he needs the plaudits.

He needed it to be something he had conjured not something called "the United way"

Silly fecker didn't realise he could have retired here as THE MOST successful manager EVER in 15-20 years time :lol:
I shudder to think what that would have been like - having to support a narcissist who unabashedly and unapologetically believes in his own greatness.

He never had what it takes to be here long term. I love the club because of what Fergie made us - a winning machine which knew how to stay humble, be respectful and entertain fans (with attacking play). With Jose - you can never get any of those 3 attributes.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I have a plan, YOU just need to Trust me.
Just one more Centreback and then, then we'll be able to attack. Have faith.
There are actually very strong parallels between Dutch and Jose.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
What was really disgusting was how the cultists on here turn on any player once there was any talk of that player having issues with Jose. .... How does the man turn fans to utter idiots?
To be fair there are always a group of die-hard fans who back the manager come what may, and did so under Moyes and LVG. It's their idea of loyalty. It may be beyond stupid, but it is quite trad. It's what many ex-players (insincerely) do in front of camera so people think it's status building behaviour.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
To be fair there are always a group of die-hard fans who back the manager come what may, and did so under Moyes and LVG. It's their idea of loyalty. It may be beyond stupid, but it is quite trad. It's what many ex-players (insincerely) do in front of camera so people think it's status building behaviour.
It would be understandable if that loyalty ended when Jose left the club. But it doesn't seem to be the case with some.

They really subscribed to the nonsense he was selling people. I honestly dread to think what kind of players he would have left us with if he had his way..... *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.