Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

redIndianDevil

Do you think he maybe made that comment about Pogba about yhe WC out of jealousy that he never made it very good as a player himself?
I don't think so. It was self-interest, because if he had congratulated Pogba, the next question obviously would have been why Pogba isn't playing that well for United, then he would have had to defend his coaching, that's why he deflected that onto Pogba.

Eric's Seagull

I don't think so. It was self-interest, because if he had congratulated Pogba, the next question obviously would have been why Pogba isn't playing that well for United, then he would have had to defend his coaching, that's why he deflected that onto Pogba.
Very interesting view mate and I never thought of it in that perspective. Thanks

Rajma

Hello Mourinho cult, I'm sorry us enjoying to rub it in as a result of having to suffer your arrogant talk downs for the past two years is hurting you. Can dish it out but can't take it and going the "oh look how morally superior and grown up I am, I wish I had used this theory back then too when I thought I was so much better than you but nah I'm a hypocrite to the square root of RED ARMY TILL I DIE (redcafe thinking man's poster tm)" way from your high horse really is a sight to behold.

Mourinho OUT.
That "is United forum is safe to go in yet" thread was the peak of condescension going on around here, it was really unpleasant to see platform being given to openly go on like that on the forum simply because one party did not agree with the other. Therefore, emotions obviously pilled up for those that were perceived as less intellectually capable at that time and it's only normal that people want to give some of it back. Let this thread stay alive for a while it will die down soon anyway as positive emotions will finally takeover fully (as it spreads at a faster rate than negativity).

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I was desperate for Mourinho to join United and seduced by his winning record to the point that I was happy to overlook the crap football and toxic atmosphere. I cannot stand the sound of his name being mentioned now. He's been nothing short of a disgrace this season. Poch wasn't backed in the transfer market but with a positive mindset Spurs are on the march in all competitions. I hate Mourinho for basically throwing our season - during a campaign that Liverpool will finally break their championship duck. The man is a cnut of the highest order.
Unforgivable if the unthinkable does indeed happen.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Unforgivable if the unthinkable does indeed happen.
It's horrible and it strongly looks as though it's happening. Makes me feel so conflicted because I haven't felt so positive about United in ages and yet can't consume any sort of football media because of the ongoing Scouse wankfest.

Buchan

It's horrible and it strongly looks as though it's happening. Makes me feel so conflicted because I haven't felt so positive about United in ages and yet can't consume any sort of football media because of the ongoing Scouse wankfest.
Same here. I’m thoroughly enjoying our matches again and have even taken to watching our highlights on MOTD after what feels like an age but that nauseating feeling about that shower down the road winning the title is ever-present. We need Arsenal and City to get something in these next two fixtures. It’s over if the Scousers get maximum points here. Even with the Ole-infused positivity surrounding the club right now, football in general is still hard to stomach. Those cheating, corrupt City cnuts need to get their fecking act together.

cheeky_backheel

Not going to happen with their shallow squad.

Once City get over their injury bug, the pursuit will be on and I dont see Liverpool coping under the pressure, particularly when they have points of failure in VVD and Salah.

I am hoping for another slip up!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This episode made me wonder if people changed their mind about "Entertainment vs Results".

GJNJ

This episode made me wonder if people changed their mind about "Entertainment vs Results".
For me yes with a bit of a disclaimer, I was happy when Mouinho came in because I thought a) we would be back challenging b) he would adopt some of our ethos to playing style and we would be more early Chelsea and Real Madrid than Stoke.

It means now I would turn my noise up at Simeone and Conte even though they are top manager's.

I think that is the way Mouinho saw it as Entertainment vs Results and but the two are not mutually exclusive.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Five years of shit on a stick football have done it for me. I would not accept any pragmatic coach regardless of his record.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
IIRC, Raiola only responded to Scholes. The french press tried to get answers from Pogba but he dodged the questions by saying that he wasn't given the same instructions. As far as I can remember neither Raiola nor Pogba were "mad".
Exactly. Pogba has handled his communication regarding Jose, pretty well

Nick7

I was one who voted results, and in the end I still think that. I'd rather us win a cup final ugly that lost it spectacularly. But overall I prefer entertaining football. I think that question in a vacuum is a hard one to really answer. I'd love us to win everything playing fantastic football, but I'd also love us to win everything playing ugly but less so than the former.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If you wanna believe it, it's your right .Just there is no way to be 100% sure
I actually think this is true. The Liverpool game sealed it for most of the fans;I can’t think the board didn’t have their minds made up 2/3 games prior to this

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I was one who voted results, and in the end I still think that. I'd rather us win a cup final ugly that lost it spectacularly. But overall I prefer entertaining football. I think that question in a vacuum is a hard one to really answer. I'd love us to win everything playing fantastic football, but I'd also love us to win everything playing ugly but less so than the former.
We lost.an FA cup final playing ugly. Never though I’d see a Utd performance like that

Nick7

We lost.an FA cup final playing ugly. Never though I’d see a Utd performance like that
Sure, and that was horrible. The worst of the lot. I'm just saying winning still means more to me. I prefer entertaining football, and would love if we played all our games the "right" way and won the lot. But even Sir Alex played ugly when needs be. We need a manager that knows how to play ugly when the need arises, not a manager that plays ugly all the time like Mourinho.

Buchan

Five years of shit on a stick football have done it for me. I would not accept any pragmatic coach regardless of his record.
Allegri, Simeone and Conte, all top-class coaches, master tacticians and great motivators, would be hugely disappointing appointments for the permanent position this summer if they were made due to their pragmatic style of football they favour. As you say, after five years of dour, dismal football, the fans deserve and desire attacking football again.

(Lest we forget, the latter Ferguson years served up pretty bland football also. Individual brilliance from the likes of Rooney, van Persie, Berbatov et al glossed over pretty poor football at times. We were just very efficient at getting results. I think 2007-08 was Ferguson’s last great attacking team despite seeing glimpses of it at stages of subsequent seasons thereafter e.g. the start of the 2011/12 season with Anderson, Cleverley, Rooney, Nani, Giggs etc. playing lovely free-flowing stuff.)

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Jose had clearly more tangible success than Moyes and LVG - but like I said, the bar was very low. Had he won that FA cup last season the difference would have been a lot clearer

United needed to spend more inder Jose in part because of the errors in the market by the club under Moyes and Van Gaal - plus rivals like City were spending way more than United so we had to try and keep up (arguably Jose should have been given more money)

It's been show all round and the negativity of the last 6 months is, imo, making people forget how fecking bad it was under Van Gaal and the task Jose had.

Jose's personal issues have burnt bridges with thw squad and club and it's his own fault he got sacked but i think he has left United with a better team and prospect than what he took over.
Under Mourinho, we have outspend Liverpool, Spur and Chelsea etc and basically everyone else except City, yet out of 3 attempts, 2 of which are 6th place "finish" in league. No one under sane mind would consider Mourinho having success here. I consider all 3 of them failure. For Mourinho case, he got us UEFA cup (significant cup success) and a 2nd place in the league (avg 4~5th place), LVG got us FA cup (significant cup success) and 4th place finish (avg 4~5th place too), but with spending half amount of money less, which is huge. Relatively speaking, I don't see big difference apart in terms of their level of success in the club

Borden

The armband was taken away from Pogba after he publicly undermined the manager. Say what you want behind closed doors about the tactics but its different when you go public. This is after Jose tried to mend things with Pogba.

We were over reliant on Pogba and after the summer we had in the transfer market Jose became increasingly confrontational. Pogba has power in that dressing room and that's what killed Jose's time here. If we had players to take the load off Pogba, Paul would have less power but in the end that didn't happen. Who do you think the players are really going to side with? Pogba or Jose? You cannot assert your authority on a player the team is heavily reliant on while his agent is also stirring in public. If you look at the facts Jose tried every tactic with Pogba from defending him from Scholes, criticising him and giving him the armband.

Pogba vs Mourinho was exaggerated last season. After this summer it was very real. The relationship was totally destroyed after Southampton where Pogba was just plain bad.

The transfer window triggered Jose. I think from that point he knew where this was going to head especially with Pogba winning the world cup. The blame on Jose being so confrontational is on him, but we knew what we was getting into when we hired him. As soon as the board did not back him after giving him the contract it was over.

This isn't me blaming Pogba either. There should be other players to carry the load of transitions and carrying the ball from deeper areas. When Pogba is the only player that can actually do it, but is inconsistent with his application at times, it is inevitably going to be a disaster. Jose knows Pogba is the most talented player in that team, but as manager he cannot have one player be so influential in each facet of the team. Pogba is so talented, so popular, he is actually the one player Jose could not afford to collide with.
Nah. His negative, shite tactics and toxic personality is what killed him. He only has himself to blame.

Regarding the second bolded bit: then why on Earth did Mourinho insist on having his team sit so deep? It was obvious to everyone that it didn’t work. It killed our creativity, invited pressure (which made it extremely difficult for the team to transition effectively) and made us more (not less) vulnerable defensively. Yet Mourinho persisted and refused to adapt.

Do you really think that signing Perisic, swapping Martial for Willian (which I seem to remember you being a big advocate for at the time), and buying another CB or two would’ve made much of a difference?

Last edited:

sugar_kane

When Barcelona rejected him he made it his mission to destroy them when he became Real manager.

I think when we rejected him in 2013 he decided he’d do the same to us one day.

Foxbatt

Jose does not care about anything apart from Jose. He will throw everyone under the bus if he can get away with it and if it benefits him.

Robbie Boy

Jose does not care about anything apart from Jose. He will throw everyone under the bus if he can get away with it and if it benefits him.
He’s just an utter prick. It’s so refreshing that he’s gone and the dark cloud has been lifted.

Ban

I know it hurts but time heals. You’ll soon realise what an utter cretin he is and how wrong you were to blindly defend him. You’ll then feel reinvigorated.
You really want to make this into an argument? Don't be a prick.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I'm utterly shocked to hear that any United fan still supports Mourinho.
Mourinho did everything in his power to sabaotage the club in order to engineer his own sacking, yet there is a surprisingly large number of 'United fans' who are still prepared to support the guy. I can't get my head around it.

When is the culling going to begin?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Mourinho did everything in his power to sabaotage the club in order to engineer his own sacking, yet there is a surprisingly large number of 'United fans' who are still prepared to support the guy. I can't get my head around it.

When is the culling going to begin?
I got behind him again for a bit towards the end but the result vs Liverpool was it. I genuinely didn't think the club was going to sack him but it was absolutely the correct thing to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.