Mourinho has found the right time to win over United fan's hearts after he had conquered their heads

dichinero

The blistering counterattacks, the unrelentingy pressing and the players never-say-die attitude played no part?
For years to come, that match would forever be referred to as the "De Gea Match" and rightly so. Such was the influence that it has got both sets of fans, neutrals and pundits talking about the same thing. Even Lingard would be lucky to have that to his credit in a few years despite his two goals.

Special yeah, every other talking point is pretty much insignificant because of De Gea. Let him have his day, I say.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not enough pictures, didn't read.

Seriously though, is this intentionally trying to be a 12 year old trying his hand at writing for a tabloid or am i missing some elaborate joke.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
For years to come, that match would forever be referred to as the "De Gea Match" and rightly so. Such was the influence that it has got both sets of fans, neutrals and pundits talking about the same thing. Even Lingard would be lucky to have that to his credit in a few years despite his two goals.

Special yeah, every other talking point is pretty much insignificant because of De Gea. Let him have his day, I say.
Fair enough.

beedoubleyou

That's wrong, he was sacked as he lost the title in 07, and made a poor start to the next season
Ahhh my mistake. I (mis)remember us as never beating him to the league title. I was certainly relieved to see the back of him! Cheers.

sajeev

Ahhh my mistake. I (mis)remember us as never beating him to the league title. I was certainly relieved to see the back of him! Cheers.
It is strange, many people seem to have wiped that from their memory when it comes to Mourinho

beedoubleyou

It is strange, many people seem to have wiped that from their memory when it comes to Mourinho
Yeah, I remember it going south at Chelsea, but they were still a bloody good team and it wasn't comparable to what happened at the end of his last stint. For some reason, did not remember beating them to the title. Those were the days, won so many titles that you couldn't even remember them all.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Jose Mourinho's relationship with Manchester United fans has always been frosty to say the least. Ever since his first Chelsea side battled the way to the top only to see a resurgent Ferguson overthrow the Portuguese manager's team, Mourinho has been a key figure in Manchester United's past. From starting as a figure for hatred and scorn, Mourinho made his way to the Old Trafford dugout and started his reign as Machester United manager.

Many felt he wasn't up to the task, indeed a frequent topic of conversation across the web is Mourinho's suitability for the role. Some influential fans have taken against Mourinho, reportedly so has Manchester United legend Bobby Charlton. Recent flirtatious advances towards PSG have not gone down well, neither did criticism of the Old Trafford faithful.

However, signs are there that Mourinho is changing his old ways. After getting much deserved stick for his setup against the top six rivals in the league, Jose chose yesterday to attack Arsenal and create one of the games of the season. Led by a homegrown (and much maligned) Jesse Lingard, United's attack were in scintillating form, let off the hook from their former rigid system and instead allowed to express themselves. Whereas before Jose had been accused of trying to shoehorn his own signings into the team, former stalwarts Ibrahimovic and Mkhitarian have now been left out in favour of young flair such as Martial and Lingard. Anthony Martial who had previously struggled for minutes under the enigmatic Portuguese manager has forced himself into the first team and has produced performances that are lighting up the league.

It was also evident that Mourinho's once fiery temper has now tempered. Jose was full of praise for Arsenal's legendary manager after the game, talking about Arsenal's "amazing attacking football", far away from any comments about "voyeurism". Indeed Jose seems to have stopped a lot of the divisive comments he made before his stint in the Old Trafford dugout. Whether this is a natural side effect of his ageing or a conscious effort to win over some of his vocal detractors in the Old Trafford fanbase is not known, what is impressive is that he's managed to stay relatively controversy free so far in Manchester.

Eric Cantona recently said Pep Guardiola is a better fit for Manchester United than Jose. There isn't much controversy in this statement, United fans would much rather see the beautiful attacking football than the dull pragmatic style that epitomises Mourinho's career. However, United fans will be hoping that the club's ethos will be slowly changing Jose's style, indeed if the relationship is ever going to come to a fruitful conclusion, they will have to.
Stopped reading at the bold text...

Vanrouge

The newspaper in question spends time looking for thought provoking and interesting ideas from around the web, mine was selected which actually made me very proud.
Good. Keep going. Nothing wrong with working on improving your writing, and I say that as a professional editor. But for the love of all that's holy, work on all those comma splices. This piece is full of them.

Needham

Good. Keep going. Nothing wrong with working on improving your writing, and I say that as a professional editor. But for the love of all that's holy, work on all those comma splices. This piece is full of them.
Here come the comma plus coordinating conjunction nazis...

Vanrouge

Here come the comma plus coordinating conjunction nazis...
Using "nazis" in that way is in pretty poor taste. I wouldn't ordinarily do this, as it's my job and I prefer to get paid for it, but Wumminator is soliciting feedback, so give it a rest.

Needham

Using "nazis" in that way is in pretty poor taste. I wouldn't ordinarily do this, as it's my job and I prefer to get paid for it, but Wumminator is soliciting feedback, so give it a rest.
Calm down, [comma splice] it was a joke.