Mourinho has found the right time to win over United fan's hearts after he had conquered their heads

NinjaFletch

I've also just noticed that Wumminator has labelled himself 'an influential fan' in the second paragraph. :lol:

walkinhop

The curse of being best of the rest

It wasn’t long ago when the hand-picked successor of Sir Alex Ferguson sank the hegemon of English football to 7th place. What followed was no more than a series of forgettable matches accompanied by forgettable players. Another manager and another hopeful start to a season later, United’s table position is great. It would be perfect if not the impressive showing on the grass merely 4.5 miles away.

It’s hard to argue that Jose Mourinho has improved the Red Devils. It’s hard to argue against his abilities when it comes to building a solid defense and a fortress at home. Even the goals are pouring compared to seasons past. Alas, all this is enough only to be the best of the rest. United are leading a group of better yet uninspiring top English clubs. Tottenham continue slipping and Arsenal and Liverpool still can’t defend. Chelsea seem to be the only ones left breathing in Jose’s neck.

Given this year’s success so far, it would be a surprise to some that United’s fans are actually quite divided. Some see the improvements and are optimistic about the club’s short-term future while others dig at the performances, afraid that the negative signs in attack can develop into habits.

For better or for worse, for the enjoyment of the United faithful or for their envy towards the neighbors, the red Manchester is currently the best of the rest. Is your glass half full or half blue?

PS: Inspired by the newspaper legend

Josep Dowling

Not quite sure the ‘attacking football’ comment applies to yesterday’s game.

We pressed for the first 10 minutes and Arsenal made two mistakes. After that it was a case of counter attacking. Arsenal ended up with 75% possession. An in form De Gea saved us yesterday.

As for Jose’s temperament. When things are going well his behaviour is a lot less erratic. He’s more relaxed. It’s easy to compliment the opposition when you win the game. This isn’t a bash on Mourinho just my observation.

EyeInTheSky

Must we suffer these insidious back-handed "compliment" threads from you and posters of your ilk each time he proves you wrong and slaps you across the faces?

It is actually more bearable when they are just out and out moaning melts.

EyeInTheSky

They are very blatant too.

One bad result and they will go back to what they do best.
yep that their MO. If we lose a game at OT they will be relieved because then they could say "so much for our record-breaking record at OT we lost a game vs such and such" never mind the only reason we conceded a goal there was because of Lindelof slipping.

SATA

Frosty? I thought everyone bar only a few was happy with Jose's appointment (Pep aside) and willing to back him all the way especially after getting us to the CL and a couple of trophies. Quite bizzare or was this self-imagined?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
yep that their MO. If we lose a game at OT they will be relieved because then they could say "so much for our record-breaking record at OT we lost a game vs such and such" never mind the only reason we conceded a goal there was because of Lindelof slipping.
The hypocrisy being that some of them backed far inferior managers to thr hilt than Jose, but can't wait to have silly digs at the man because of their personal feelings.

So much for being a superior fan.

However, it's now obvious that appointing Jose was the best decision. They'll have to live with it.

EyeInTheSky

The hypocrisy being that some of them backed far inferior managers to thr hilt than Jose, but can't wait to have silly digs at the man because of their personal feelings.

So much for being a superior fan.

However, it's now obvious that appointing Jose was the best decision. They'll have to live with it.
They were probably celebrating Pogbas sending off as it increases the chances of a bad result vs their beloved pep and city.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
However, United fans will be hoping that the club's ethos will be slowly changing Jose's style, indeed if the relationship is ever going to come to a fruitful conclusion, they will have to.
It will have to.

PS you're weird.

E-mal

They were probably celebrating Pogbas sending off as it increases the chances of a bad result vs their beloved pep and city.
I find this kind of comment insulting to a United fan, Jose may not be everyone's cup of tea but to suggest they hope pep and city beat United is not fair.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've always liked Jose, even when he was Chelsea manager. He got under Liverpool fans' skins and Wenger's skin, and was always respectful towards Fergie that I couldn't help but like the guy.

I remember making chin up gestures to my Chelsea friend when we won the league in 06/07 though. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It is supposed to be awkward and clunky, that line symbolises the awkwardness in Mourinho in this in-between stage.
:lol:

I disagree with you on so many things but you posted something absolutely brilliant recently. Can't for the life of me remember what it was but it was hilarious and one of the best things I've read here this year.

Will read the OP soon.

fallengt

Stopped after 2nd paragraph . Should I keep reading, what the hell am I into ?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Don’t agree with so much written in the OP.

I wanted Mourinho straight after SAF, and was and remain delighted that he isn’t our manager and has my full support.

Likewise I don’t think there is anything wrong with his his tactics or style.

And lastly, I have never wanted Pep or Poch as our manager. Pep certainly does not have the balls or temprement to succeed in such a highly scrutinised role with such high expectations.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I've read far worse in mainstream publications.

Not sure that Jose will change his approach for anyone - he knows that his continued employment depends on success, not traditions.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I find this kind of comment insulting to a United fan, Jose may not be everyone's cup of tea but to suggest they hope pep and city beat United is not fair.
You often find yourself offended on behalf of other people?

::sonny::

He is doing miracles over miracles, with a squad full of injury prone and avg players, with lack of attitude and talent

Already a club legend

CLUB LEGEND