Mourinho: Rui Faria is a good fit for the Arsenal job

FujiVice

Jose has to be the worst friend ever throwing his mate into that lions den.

OldSchoolManc

Has Jose got his eye on Buvac?!
Looks like he wants to dump a number 2 on Arsenal.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Im shocked that sol campbell hasn't been linked yet

el3mel

If I were Arsenal fans, I would be fuming hear such names for the job. Their board is thinking about the cheapest option again.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Not one of the big managers would want to take over a job with a 50M budget. Arsenal penny-pinching as usual.

Revaulx

Maybe Jose wants to create a vacancy at United so that Carrick can be fast tracked to Assistant Manager.

NotQuiteManc

Or like the posters said earlier, that Buvac guy. I wonder if Buvac was the one that has the attacking nous in his tactics or whichever.

ti vu

Or like the posters said earlier, that Buvac guy. I wonder if Buvac was the one that has the attacking nous in his tactics or whichever.
I don't think that poster was even half serious. I meant you threw away someone with you since the beginning of your career as head coach for someone who dumped his long term partner. What would go wrong with 2 disloyal parties join force? As if Mourinho can get another assistant in without ridding someone in his coaching staff.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Maybe Jose wants to create a vacancy at United so that Carrick can be fast tracked to Assistant Manager.
Managers tend to endorse their no 2s. Saf did it all the time first with mclaren then with phelan

I think arsenal deserve better then an unproven manager

The White Pele

United and Liverpool’s assistant managers both linked with the job in the last few days. Hardly encouraging if you’re an Arsenal fan.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not long ago He was posing with Arsene and now He's already planning to sabotage Arsenal from the inside, cunning man Jose is.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone who thinks Mourinho is ditching Rui for Buvac at the drop of a hat like that is very naive.

I think it’s clear what he’s actually doing. He’s heard, probably from his mate Duncan, that the reason Klopp and Buvac had a big falling out is because Buvac has shown interest and had interest shown in him for the Arsenal job.

So Mourinho is driving a bigger wedge between them by showing great respect for and faith in his assistant and treating him like a good friend and actually recommending him for the job.

Imagine what Buvac would think when he reads that? While Klopp has the arrogance to flip his lid over his assistant possibly getting a great manager job and possibly becoming a rival, Mourinho treats his assistant like a human being and actually has the grace to vouch for him for the role.

LLMU

If i am a fan, i will be pulling my hair out knowing that the board expect a Wenger MKII that is going to operate on minimal budget.

RoyH1

Well Arsenal is thinking small time as they usually do so maybe Rui Faria wouldn't be a bad choice.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
If I were Arsenal fans, I would be fuming hear such names for the job. Their board is thinking about the cheapest option again.
Yeah, for all the sticks Wenger gets, he is not the only one to blame. The board got rid of him not to take the blame.

Kapardin

He was asked a question as to whether Faria would do a good job and naturally he said yes, he would. Didn't volunteer Faria's name himself.

NotQuiteManc

I don't think that poster was even half serious. I meant you threw away someone with you since the beginning of your career as head coach for someone who dumped his long term partner. What would go wrong with 2 disloyal parties join force? As if Mourinho can get another assistant in without ridding someone in his coaching staff.
Dumping? Chill, as if Arsenal is a "dumping ground". Behave. Arsenal may not Real Madrid or Juventus, but is far from a terrible place to start one's managing career.
Even if I take your point of dumping Rui, I think it is more of an endorsement. Perhaps Jose sees potential in Rui and want him to expand his career and not stuck being no. 2.

TGK

Supports
Liverpool
The Arsenal job is not a job for a first timer. It's madness.

The first time a 'new' manager loses a game at Arsenal, where to be fair things have got a bit toxic, you don't need half the crowd wondering whether the new guy is 'up to it'.

Appoint Ancelotti and you take all that out of the equation. Been there, done it, got the t-shirt.

It's a no brainer, safe pair of hands for a few years to replace a guy who's been there 22 years, which is always a bit of a poison chalice.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Our board is thinking about a name who:

-doesn't complain about being given no money
-is grateful to get a job at a massive club

Only number 2's qualify for such a scenario. Sadly.