Mourinho says it will be difficult to catch City next season

Eli Zee

Tell this to Jose. It is him who thinks it will be very difficult to win the Prem. I am sure that he needs to win it and has enough resources at his disposal. Everything else is just excuse. Pool have shown what it takes to beat City at the biggest stage and when it matters most, surely Jose can do the same. His tactics are set to not lose. As for the real life, I am quite good thank you. Have got a decent education, family, kids, well paid job. I hope Jose is of the same cloth of SAF and other greats who were on mission possible and achieved it.
P.S. As for Barca vs Madrid, check the number of years Jose spent there against Pep. See who won what. Pep did not leave because of Jose by the way. However, Jose left beause of spectacular feck ups against his own players both at Madrid and Chelsea. If you want to see the proven winner at Madrid, it is Zizu. Doing fantastically without spending crazy.
It literally is difficult af to win the premier league though, especially with a pretty good team like city as your main competition...
He’s just being realistic tbh

Swift Football

With Jose's approach, I doubt we will score enough goals to win PL title. Obviously, it will be difficult to catch City. Maybe its time for Jose to run away with his tail between the legs.

If he is not scared enough to run away, just shout Sevilllaaaaa.

deafepl

Fair point. But would that 2012-13 United side be able to compete with the City of today? I'd imagine not. They'd probably in a similar situation to the one we are now.

Also worth pointing out that the 2012-13 side was forced to grind out results to the lack of attacking quality in the squad. Yes they had two great strikers but they didn't have Pogba, Sánchez or Martial behind them and the current midfield of Matic and Herrera is an upgrade on what we had then.

This team should be capable of more but mourinho's limitations are holding us back IMO.

I guess it had something to do with Mourinho's tactical approach, to be honest. Yeah, United is much capable of more, evidenced in Basel away first half that could be easily 5 goals up as we created a lot of chances and dominated half time first 70% and we just gave up in the second half and defended so deep.

There's a game against City at home last December before we conceded the first goal, we couldn't string three pass or so but would hoof ball at every opportunity but as soon as we conceded, we just looked completely different and looked more proactive.

I agreed that this United side is a lot better than 2012-13 and should aim for more. If we manage to add new fullbacks, one or two CM, CB or RW, that would be strongest United sides ever since 2007-09.

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
Being difficult to win the league and being difficult to catch city implies different meanings. Catching city means jose already is alarming the bells that city spends more, they have a team which has jelled properly, and are clear favourites to win the league. Which means teams like spurs, pools, chelsea should also sort their teams out. Financially we can say that we are just below city and right with chelsea. Now chelsea having a managerial crisis with maybe few of their top talents hunted by other big clubs, spurs being usual chokkers and pools actually creating the real ruckus, we are in a stable position. If we add a few more players of top quality where we were lacking this season, city will find more teams asking them questions than this year. Considering this, our daft, cautious, booring football might put us in a strong position . But we are all speculating arent we ?