Mourinho tells unhappy players they can leave [Custis]

Devil may care

So Mourinho wants to sell Rashford, Pogba, Martial and Shaw? Wasn't aware of that.
Anyone that is unhappy can go is the word, do any of those look remotely happy? Do you really see Martial and Shaw here next season? Rashford is a striker who is only afforded the odd game here and there in his position, and today we are linked with buying another target striker to add to Lukaku which will cut his few chances down even further, there's only one way that will end.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Anyone that is unhappy can go is the word, do any of those look remotely happy? Do you really see Martial and Shaw here next season? Rashford is a striker who is only afforded the odd game here and there in his position, and today we are linked with buying another target striker to add to Lukaku which will cut his few chances down even further, there's only one way that will end.
Pogba said he has no issues with Mourinho and has eluded to being fine here.

Rashford at 20 and his inconsistent form should expect no more at other top clubs. You've also just assumed he's unhappy, there's nothing from his agent or himself that suggested this. You've probably just read some bullshit Jaime redknapp nonsense and bought in.
The rest might not be and would probably be welcome to go if they wanted.

Going by who we have in their place by the first game of next season I would think we are stronger for it.

Devil may care

Pogba said he has no issues with Mourinho and has eluded to being fine here. The rest might not be and would probably be welcome to go if they wanted.

Rashford at 20 and his inconsistent form should expect no more at other top clubs. You've also just assumed he's unhappy, there's nothing from his agent or himself that suggested this. You've probably just read some bullshit Jaime redknapp nonsense and bought in.
No, I've just watched the kid play and can see his confidence is shot, which comes from not getting any consistent game time and being thrown under the bus if he has a bad game, you can't nurture young talent like that.

TheReligion

Abusive
So Rashford Pogba Martial and Shaw all want to leave the club? Wasn't aware of that either.

I'm learning alot tonight!

Devil may care

So Rashford Pogba Martial and Shaw all want to leave the club? Wasn't aware of that either.

I'm learning alot tonight!
I don't see what the point of this is, two of them will definitely not be here next season, I don't even see how that is a point of debate or worth acting ignorant over, do you think the people he's wiling to show the door to are the past it fullbacks and crock CB he plays every time he manages top be fit? Or the mediocre forward who had a handfull of decent games and became a starter because he runs about a lot?

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't see what the point of this is, two of them will definitely not be here next season, I don't even see how that is a point of debate or worth acting ignorant over, do you think the people he's wiling to show the door to are the past it fullbacks and crock CB he plays every time he manages top be fit? Or the mediocre forward who had a handfull of decent games and became a starter because he runs about a lot?
I agree. I don't see what the point in making things up and taking things as gospel with zero substance.

It's as if people like you thrive off negativity. It's tiresome. If you're going to talk about things as fact back it up with evidence. If you can't, save us the ear ache and zip it for a bit.

Jonno

Mourinho fanboys out in full force i see. Genuinely no idea where the mentality comes from, never seen a **** like it.
I could say the same all season about the Anti-Mourinho fanboys. There wouldn't be a '****' of Mourinho fans if the Anti-Mourinho fans didn't come out with such bullsh!t to win arguments on RedCafe.

There are so many Anti-Mourinho fan boys on Redcafe with agendas to make Mourinho look like the worst manager in sport that the Mourinho fans (AND the neutrals) feel they need to highlight what he's done. Which in turn makes everybody look like they are a **** of followers. Which they are not.

When people come out with comments like

'he's made us go backwards' despite sitting 2nd in the league, 80+ points, 3 cup finals in 2 years. - Anti Mourinho fans literally ignore this.
We scraped 2nd place and didn't deserve it despite literally beating every side in the top 6 in the final 2 months of the season to secure 2nd place. Baffling statement.

'he relies on DDG' despite DDG often having nothing to do for long periods in games. Of course he pulls off one or two worldy saves when required, but this view that he's got an onslaught of attacks against him week in week out is complete bol!ocks.

'All the players have digressed under him, some have, but some have progressed. Which is blatantly ignored. Despite DDG having a record amount of clean sheets, Smalling finally looking consistent and solid, Lukaku having a fantastic first season, Zlatan having a fantastic first season, Young being reborn and going to the world cup, Lingard being twice the player he was and going to the world cup.
'He's spent so much money he should win everything' despite inheriting one of the worst United squads i've ever seen, needing a complete rebuild. You look at that squad, we needed AT LEAST 2 wing backs, 2 CBs, 3 CMs, 2 wingers, 2 strikers just to be able to compete for the title. Yet the Anti Mourinho fanboys say "He's spent a fortune he should be beheaded for only finishing 2nd on 80 points'. The squad he inherited had Rooney Schweinsteiger Fellaini and Schneiderlain as their CM's...... Blind and Darmian as their wingbacks, of course he's going to spend money.

I'm not a Mourinho fanboy, I'm a Manchester United fan, and there are things I don't like about Mourinho's reign at United. I don't like the style of play, but I like the progress we've made, I like the squad rebuild. We've been through a sh!t few years yo-yo'ing about in the top 7.

Lemansky

Rashford seems perfectly happy to me and I fully expect him to stay.

Shaw is by all information one of the worst professionals the club has hired for a long time. Never fit, and has not played well for any manager after he came here.

Martial is a player I like a lot personally. But if he don’t want to fight for his place and convince the manager that he wants to succeed in the team then maybe he has to go.

Pogba ain’t going anywhere this summer.

When we where most successful under Fergie we had a very good squad. Depth in all positions. In 1999 Solskjær, Teddy, Yorke and Cole all fought for two positions in the team. The ones who got picked played like their life’s depended on it and those who where not in the starting eleven was ultimate professionals who waited for their chances.

Now if a player is not picked it’s immediate sulking, pundits claiming they have to move to play more etc. This is a team game, and if your in it to win it you need a big squad. Not every one is going to play always, but it’s their got damn responsibility to be ready when their manager calls on them.

This mentality is gone in the squad we have today. It’s to many individualists and not enough professional team players. We need unity, experience and professionals. The players need to take responsibility. It’s weak always blaming the manager (this is the third one after Fergie). You may not like Mourinho put firing him will set us back again. I don’t like everything the man does, but I trust that he wants to win and will do everything in his power to accomplish this.

Devil may care

I agree. I don't see what the point in making things up and taking things as gospel with zero substance.

It's as if people like you thrive off negativity. It's tiresome. If you're going to talk about things as fact back it up with evidence. If you can't, save us the ear ache and zip it for a bit.
No ones forcing you to read any post or poster you don't want to, the idea that Martial and Shaw aren't on his shitlist is ludicrous and just so disingenous, trying to act like it's not clear as day who is being talked about in the article, we've seen the constant poor treatment of the players in question compared to players like Young, Valencia, Jones and Sanchez, who are never called out by Mourinho when they are shit, or constantly dropped in and out no matter their form, if you need a road map to find your own arse then that's fine, not everybody does.

Devil may care

Rashford seems perfectly happy to me and I fully expect him to stay.

Shaw is by all information one of the worst professionals the club has hired for a long time. Never fit, and has not played well for any manager after he came here.

Martial is a player I like a lot personally. But if he don’t want to fight for his place and convince the manager that he wants to succeed in the team then maybe he has to go.

Pogba ain’t going anywhere this summer.
Rashford looks a shell of the player he was, no confidence, nervy because he knows he's not allowed to make mistakes, the joy has gone out of his game.

Shaw has issues but when Young was out for a red card due to unprofessional conduct Shaw did fine and was immediately sent to the bench when Young 's suspension was up, and has been verbally humiliated by Mourinho more than once, he's still a young player who needs guidance, not a drill seargent out of some corny American Marine movie.

Martial was playing well for us at the start of the year and was shunted out of his position to accomodate Sanchez, a player who has been largely garbage since signing, but who apparently doesn't have to play well to keep his place, how is Martial expected to compete when it's a totally lopsided playing field, it's not like at Real Madrid where Bale has had to actually earn his place over Asensio and Lucas Vasquez, not just given it due to seniority..

Pogba is in a difficult spot because of how much we overpaid for him.

Jonno

Anyone who says they will stop watching the club if they sign x y z isn't a fan to me. More a casual watcher of football.

You don't just pick up and put down United like that.

@Devil may care
The same poster recently said to me in a similar debate that they wouldn't be happy and wouldn't celebrate if we won the Premier League / CL / FA Cup under Mourinho.

When someone would rather see Manchester United fail to win trophies, just so Mourinho can be seen as a failure at United, that is when I lose all respect for them as a fan.

Jonno

Rashford looks a shell of the player he was, no confidence, nervy because he knows he's not allowed to make mistakes, the joy has gone out of his game.
Rashford looks the same as he's always been. A typical 19/20 year old with extremely patchy form. Spurts of good play, spurts of bad play. It happened before Mourinho was here and it's happening now he is here.

Shaw has issues but when Young was out for a red card due to unprofessional conduct Shaw did fine and was immediately sent to the bench when Young 's suspension was up, and has been verbally humiliated by Mourinho more than once, he's still a young player who needs guidance, not a drill seargent out of some corny American Marine movie.
If you think Shaw 'did fine' then you need your head testing. He looks decent going forward, which is easy. He looked shoddy and unpredictable when defending, completely out of position leaving a gaping hole in the left back positions time and time again, this is amateur stuff from a left back. He can't travel box to box. He looks unfit, the basics that any pro footballer should be able to overcome, being fit. There's a reason Mourinho, LVG and Poch have all come out to the media complaining that Shaw can't stay physically fit.

Compare that to Ashley Young, fit as a fiddle, tirelessly travels box to box, creates chances, is the best crosser in our squad, defends well, had Mo Salah in his pocket last month against Liverpool. Shaw can have no complaints, he's not good enough to start.

Martial was playing well for us at the start of the year and was shunted out of his position to accomodate Sanchez, a player who has been largely garbage since signing, but who apparently doesn't have to play well to keep his place, how is Martial expected to compete when it's a totally lopsided playing field, it's not like at Real Madrid where Bale has had to actually earn his place over Asensio and Lucas Vasquez, not just given it due to seniority..
It's called competition for places, you sound deeply hurt that Martial has to compete with one of the PL's best inside forwards in Sanchez. Martial would play week in week out at a club like Everton or Leicester because they are as inconsistent as he is. Couple that with his body language when playing, which shows that his attitude isn't up to scratch, he doesn't want to fight for the right to wear the red shirt. Pogba does, he's come through a challenging period and finished the season strongly, he showed fight and spirit and that's what I want from a United player, not players needing wrapping in cotton wool for them to play well in patches.

PepsiCola

It's called competition for places, you sound deeply hurt that Martial has to compete with one of the PL's best inside forwards in Sanchez. Martial would play week in week out at a club like Everton or Leicester because they are as inconsistent as he is. Couple that with his body language when playing, which shows that his attitude isn't up to scratch, he doesn't want to fight for the right to wear the red shirt. Pogba does, he's come through a challenging period and finished the season strongly, he showed fight and spirit and that's what I want from a United player, not players needing wrapping in cotton wool for them to play well in patches.
I love CAF sports psychologists.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
nonsense

Rashford has already shown he can do it at Premier League level

you couldn't say that about Iheanacho

Rashford has been sidelined for long periods of the season and when he's thrown in he has to perform otherwise he risks public criticism - is that pressure on a player lacking match sharpness useful? Obviously not

Don't kid yourself about youth products- who in our team had a season you would rate at 8/10 apart from De Gea and possibly Matic

the team is not performing quite clearly
Rashford faces very little criticism for sub par performances. Every time Rashford plays poorly, which is often, people blame Jose and say he's in and out of the team and faces pressure to perform.

Mainoldo

I could say the same all season about the Anti-Mourinho fanboys. There wouldn't be a '****' of Mourinho fans if the Anti-Mourinho fans didn't come out with such bullsh!t to win arguments on RedCafe.

There are so many Anti-Mourinho fan boys on Redcafe with agendas to make Mourinho look like the worst manager in sport that the Mourinho fans (AND the neutrals) feel they need to highlight what he's done. Which in turn makes everybody look like they are a **** of followers. Which they are not.

'he's made us go backwards' despite sitting 2nd in the league, 80+ points, 3 cup finals in 2 years. - Anti Mourinho fans literally ignore this.
We scraped 2nd place and didn't deserve it despite literally beating every side in the top 6 in the final 2 months of the season to secure 2nd place. Baffling statement.

'he relies on DDG' despite DDG often having nothing to do for long periods in games. Of course he pulls off one or two worldy saves when required, but this view that he's got an onslaught of attacks against him week in week out is complete bol!ocks.

'All the players have digressed under him, some have, but some have progressed. Which is blatantly ignored. Despite DDG having a record amount of clean sheets, Smalling finally looking consistent and solid, Lukaku having a fantastic first season, Zlatan having a fantastic first season, Young being reborn and going to the world cup, Lingard being twice the player he was and going to the world cup.
'He's spent so much money he should win everything' despite inheriting one of the worst United squads i've ever seen, needing a complete rebuild. You look at that squad, we needed AT LEAST 2 wing backs, 2 CBs, 3 CMs, 2 wingers, 2 strikers just to be able to compete for the title. Yet the Anti Mourinho fanboys say "He's spent a fortune he should be beheaded for only finishing 2nd on 80 points'. The squad he inherited had Rooney Schweinsteiger Fellaini and Schneiderlain as their CM's...... Blind and Darmian as their wingbacks, of course he's going to spend money.

I'm not a Mourinho fanboy, I'm a Manchester United fan, and there are things I don't like about Mourinho's reign at United. I don't like the style of play, but I like the progress we've made, I like the squad rebuild. We've been through a sh!t few years yo-yo'ing about in the top 7.
We’ve obviously gone up the table but I don’t get why it’s so special considering we were so far from the top. Arsenal finished second 2 seasons ago and got no credit. Why should we?

LVG also had a good top 6 record and we won dominating possession lol. Well we always dominated possession.

We don’t rely on him like previous years but he just won player of the season so explain?

Smalling looked far better under LVG. DDG had a weaker defence so no shock he has more clean sheets. Lingard has improved yes. Lukaku has LESS premier league goals than last season even though he pretty much played every game this season. Zlatan played like Zlatan, shock and Young.. really. But even with that said the argument is he doesn’t improve young players which he hasn’t.

His spent enough money to not use it as an excuse.

Devil may care

Martial can't possibly compete when the player in the same position has done feck all, all season and never suffers any consequences because we are paying him such stupid wages, that's not a competition, if you think it is, well maybe we can get our heads tested together.

haram

The same poster recently said to me in a similar debate that they wouldn't be happy and wouldn't celebrate if we won the Premier League / CL / FA Cup under Mourinho.

When someone would rather see Manchester United fail to win trophies, just so Mourinho can be seen as a failure at United, that is when I lose all respect for them as a fan.
The agenda is clear. It's toxic.

In Rainbows

Martial can't possibly compete when the player in the same position has done feck all, all season and never suffers any consequences because we are paying him such stupid wages, that's not a competition, if you think it is, well maybe we can get our heads tested together.
He won't understand this. Impossible to compete for places when players get special treatment from Mou.

John_K

Youth Team Player
Obviously everyone has their own opinion and the style of football they like to watch. But for me personally I think the way we play is probably the most boring, unadventurous and even sometimes embarrassing you could find. Add to that the terrible man management and it’s no wonder there are unhappy players.

To have the resources we have, and to play defensive football at home against smaller clubs is not the Manchester United way. So I hope that HE leaves the club and we bring in someone who would play attacking football again.

Maybe its just being spoilt from the Fergie days....

Lukakusfirsttouch

Personally I think these players will never be good enough for Manchester United and if they are unhappy they should be shown the door:
Lukaku
Jones
Shaw
Darmian
Rashford
Mata
Fellaini
Mctominay

In fact I’d be ecstatic if they left our club they aren’t good enough in my opinion and should be nowhere near the starting 11.

Jonno

We’ve obviously gone up the table but I don’t get why it’s so special considering we were so far from the top. Arsenal finished second 2 seasons ago and got no credit. Why should we?
Arsenal pipped 2nd place at the last moment on 71 points which would have been a mere 1 point better off than 5th place Chelsea this term. To break the 80 points barrier we have been much stronger this season than Arsenal 2 seasons ago.

We don’t rely on him like previous years but he just won player of the season so explain?
He won player of the season because he is clearly our best and most talented player, I personally would have given it to Lukaku.

Smalling looked far better under LVG. DDG had a weaker defence so no shock he has more clean sheets. Lingard has improved yes. Lukaku has LESS premier league goals than last season even though he pretty much played every game this season. Zlatan played like Zlatan, shock and Young.. really. But even with that said the argument is he doesn’t improve young players which he hasn’t.

His spent enough money to not use it as an excuse.
Lukaku has less goals but its clear to the eye that his overall game has improved drastically this year at United. He genuinely plays well for the team when he isn't scoring and that's what I've been most impressed with this season.

He has improved McTomminay drastically, he's a young player.

Jonno

@In Rainbows and I bet you won't understand the bigger picture which is as follows.

I’m sorry, but it’s clear as day Mourinho is trying to play Sanchez into form. Why? Because he’s a proven, world class, premier league star. He’s obviously giving him game time in an attempt to bed him in for next season and beyond. He's not playing well right now, but he will come good, because he's a proven world class star.

If I had to choose between an in-form Sanchez and an in-form Martial playing for Manchester United, it would be Sanchez hands down 1000%.. I’d understand your argument if it was not a proven genuinely world class player keeping Martial out, and I’d understand your argument if Martial was setting the PL alight before Sanchez came in. But he wasn’t, his form was decent.

Aloysius's Back 3

@In Rainbows and I bet you won't understand the bigger picture which is as follows.

I’m sorry, but it’s clear as day Mourinho is trying to play Sanchez into form. Why? Because he’s a proven, world class, premier league star. He’s obviously giving him game time in an attempt to bed him in for next season and beyond. He's not playing well right now, but he will come good, because he's a proven world class star.

If I had to choose between an in-form Sanchez and an in-form Martial playing for Manchester United, it would be Sanchez hands down 1000%.. I’d understand your argument if it was not a proven genuinely world class player keeping Martial out, and I’d understand your argument if Martial was setting the PL alight before Sanchez came in. But he wasn’t, his form was decent.
The thing is though Sanchez had been quiet even at Arsenal & we all thought that his relatively average performances were linked to him wanting to get out of Arsenal. I had a feeling back then that something had changed - happiness or not; there shouldn't be a reason Sanchez was performing at that level & the level we now see at United.

That deadly season we saw of Sanchez under Wenger is getting quite old & there has not been all that much afterwards.

Either way - I like Sanchez, he is a player that can play across all 4 positions; however there was no need to ease him in to form by dropping one that was just starting to become consistent - something the manager does repeatedly depending on which player that be or alterations of something similar.

Sanchez to me has lost a yard of pace & possibly needs a change in position. Martial is not a winger either. What we have is a deadly collection of forwards - I'd love them to see them together playing football at the height of their feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil may care

All of this means that what you said before was complete horsehit, so thank you, there is no contest and Martial has not given up fighting for a place, there is no fight when you have zero chance of winning no matter what you do, Sanchez could have played his way into form on the RW where he's played over a 100 times at the top level, but no, he dumped Martial out who had started the year well, and who has a good scoring ratio for us despite being in and out of the side, and then suddenly it's the players fault when he doesn't play well and he's got a bad attitude because he doesn't run around like a blue arse fly, when in truth there have been no reports of other players or the staff feeling he lacks commitment or has a bad attitude, contrary to Sanchez and how his attitude is viewed. Martial didn't give up, he simply never had a chance as the deck was already stacked, Pogba on the other hand was bought by Mourinho for a world record fee, and after a little hiccup he was back playing week after week and often not playing very well, but his place still remained unchallenged, where as Martial and Rashford cannot have a poor game without the manager taking cheap shots at them, yet he never takes those same shots at Sanchez who is an experienced pro and who had game after game of crappy performances where he gave the ball away over and over like a rookie and produced very little. It's one rule for one player and another for others, you cannot expect that not to effect players, especially young, developing players.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Post of the week! Well done @Jonno.

ghagua

Mourinho looks like the unhappiest, can he be the first one out of the door?

Jonno

All of this means that what you said before was complete horsehit, so thank you, there is no contest and Martial has not given up fighting for a place, there is no fight when you have zero chance of winning no matter what you do, Sanchez could have played his way into form on the RW where he's played over a 100 times at the top level, but no, he dumped Martial out who had started the year well, and who has a good scoring ratio for us despite being in and out of the side, and then suddenly it's the players fault when he doesn't play well and he's got a bad attitude because he doesn't run around like a blue arse fly, when in truth there have been no reports of other players or the staff feeling he lacks commitment or has a bad attitude, contrary to Sanchez and how his attitude is viewed. Martial didn't give up, he simply never had a chance as the deck was already stacked, Pogba on the other hand was bought by Mourinho for a world record fee, and after a little hiccup he was back playing week after week and often not playing very well, but his place still remained unchallenged, where as Martial and Rashford cannot have a poor game without the manager taking cheap shots at them, yet he never takes those same shots at Sanchez who is an experienced pro and who had game after game of crappy performances where he gave the ball away over and over like a rookie and produced very little. It's one rule for one player and another for others, you cannot expect that not to effect players, especially young, developing players.
Lol, nothing I’ve said is ‘complete horsehit’ at all, but thank you for the thank you.

There is indeed a contest, you think because Sanchez has been playing LW that Martial should pack up and go home? Nope.

Martial is perfectly capable of playing on the RW, perfectly capable of playing as the striker, perfectly capable of playing LW, that’s three positions he could play in. And with all due respect, you don't sign one of the best attacking left wingers in world football and move him to RW just to accommodate an inconsistent youngster so that he and devil may care don't get upset. You should feel privileged that a player of Sanchez's pedigree wants to play for our club.

If Martial had shown more consistency and maturity from the off 2 years ago, maybe we wouldn’t have signed Sanchez. Martial didn’t start the season well. He didn’t start badly, but his form was completely hit and miss. A poor game from Sanchez is still 6/10 from a world class star. A poor game from Martial is like playing with a man down, because he goes missing, he makes awful decisions that a young player will sometimes do.

He came on in the FA Cup final and raced into the box with the ball, a couple of minutes to go, we had a loaded box, we needed maturity, the correct decision, all he had to do was drill the ball into a deadly area and 3-4 United players were waiting, what did he do? Strangely chipped the ball over everybody, well over the bar in slow motion, nowhere near his team mates, nowhere near the target, miles over the bar, effectively killing any chance of us equalising. I know that is just 1 example, but that is the immaturity and inconsistency that I’m talking about. It’s forgivable at an Everton or a Leicester where it doesn’t matter if you draw a few games, but not at the top level in Cup Finals.

An example of Rashfords immature decision making is a few weeks ago, he’s got the ball in an incredibly dangerous position, just square the ball 5 yards to Martial, and he has a tap in. Rashford shoots and its an easy save for the keeper. Immature decision making from a young player.

Your argument to this will be 'Mourinho has abused them, they are being destroyed by Mourinho. Bullsh!t. It doesn’t matter who your manager is, decisions made in the heat of the moment are your decisions alone, and nobody elses. You don’t make bad decisions in the heat of moment unless you’re still young and lack maturity that world class players have. It’s not a criticism, it’s me simply arguing why world class players should be starting ahead of young, inconsistent players

I’m not saying they’re not good enough to play for United, I like them both as players. I’m saying they aren’t in my opinion good enough to overtake Lukaku and Sanchez in the starting 11.

It’s a strange, aggressive agenda you have against our manager. When you said to me a week or so ago that you wouldn’t celebrate a PL title win under Mourinho, it made me realise your opinions are unbalanced and quite volatile. Apparently I’ve been reading on here that you said last year you wouldn’t watch United with Lukaku in the team either. Clearly you come out with some wild, exaggerating statements which is why I take your arguments with a pinch of salt.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Good on Jose. That’s a proper boss right there. Fergie has always done this - no player is bigger than the club. Of everyone in the team, the players who would be unhappy and want to leave would be Blind, Darmian, Shaw, Fellaini, Martial, Mata, Rojo and maybe Pogba. I can’t see anyone other than that wanting to leave. And to be honest, I wouldn’t lose any sleep if any of those listed above leave the club as all are replaceable.

redIndianDevil

I do find it hilarious that some people are unwilling or are uncapable of seeing through Jose’s narcissistic posturing.

Pro tip: If you have to tell people you are an Alpha, you’re not an Alpha.

No shit Jose, of course they can leave. They’re not slaves or under mind control.
It's like most people especially football fans in England have a secret hatred for their own players, they cannot wait to call them lazy or overpaid or brats or primadonnas.

Just look at the number of people siding with Mourinho on this one, not one player has improved under Mourinho but it's never his fault. The likes of Henderson, Wijnaldum have gone to the CL final whereas Pogba and Sanchez et al are looking like Championship material.

redIndianDevil

Who's cares for footballers wanting to put themselves above a game plan designed to win! That's effectively what they are doing. The gameplan doesnt make me look great so I'd rather do x and look better myself as I believe we'd do better! God player power going nuts. They should be f***** out the door for not following simple instructions...
The manager bought those players for FFS. They care about their careers more than Manchester United and nothing is wrong with that, we all do the same with our careers too.

redIndianDevil

Then obviously the world is toxic if you ignore all the positivity despite being spoken by the players, and decide to believe all the negativity, "reported" (made up) by someone on Twitter.

I have no doubt there are some unhappy players but if the winners are happy, the rest can go.
I don't think one Chelsea player mouthed off to the press when they were actively trying to get rid off Mourinho. That's what happens in the world of club football. Very very few players come out and criticize their managers and none of them do when the season is ongoing.

Moonred

Players with a spine should call bullshit when they see it whether it comes from Manager or not. Same goes for the Manager.

redIndianDevil

Lol, nothing I’ve said is ‘complete horsehit’ at all, but thank you for the thank you.

There is indeed a contest, you think because Sanchez has been playing LW that Martial should pack up and go home? Nope.

Martial is perfectly capable of playing on the RW, perfectly capable of playing as the striker, perfectly capable of playing LW, that’s three positions he could play in. And with all due respect, you don't sign one of the best attacking left wingers in world football and move him to RW just to accommodate an inconsistent youngster so that he and devil may care don't get upset. You should feel privileged that a player of Sanchez's pedigree wants to play for our club.

If Martial had shown more consistency and maturity from the off 2 years ago, maybe we wouldn’t have signed Sanchez. Martial didn’t start the season well. He didn’t start badly, but his form was completely hit and miss. A poor game from Sanchez is still 6/10 from a world class star. A poor game from Martial is like playing with a man down, because he goes missing, he makes awful decisions that a young player will sometimes do.

He came on in the FA Cup final and raced into the box with the ball, a couple of minutes to go, we had a loaded box, we needed maturity, the correct decision, all he had to do was drill the ball into a deadly area and 3-4 United players were waiting, what did he do? Strangely chipped the ball over everybody, well over the bar in slow motion, nowhere near his team mates, nowhere near the target, miles over the bar, effectively killing any chance of us equalising. I know that is just 1 example, but that is the immaturity and inconsistency that I’m talking about. It’s forgivable at an Everton or a Leicester where it doesn’t matter if you draw a few games, but not at the top level in Cup Finals.

An example of Rashfords immature decision making is a few weeks ago, he’s got the ball in an incredibly dangerous position, just square the ball 5 yards to Martial, and he has a tap in. Rashford shoots and its an easy save for the keeper. Immature decision making from a young player.

Your argument to this will be 'Mourinho has abused them, they are being destroyed by Mourinho. Bullsh!t. It doesn’t matter who your manager is, decisions made in the heat of the moment are your decisions alone, and nobody elses. You don’t make bad decisions in the heat of moment unless you’re still young and lack maturity that world class players have. It’s not a criticism, it’s me simply arguing why world class players should be starting ahead of young, inconsistent players

I’m not saying they’re not good enough to play for United, I like them both as players. I’m saying they aren’t in my opinion good enough to overtake Lukaku and Sanchez in the starting 11.

It’s a strange, aggressive agenda you have against our manager. When you said to me a week or so ago that you wouldn’t celebrate a PL title win under Mourinho, it made me realise your opinions are unbalanced and quite volatile. Apparently I’ve been reading on here that you said last year you wouldn’t watch United with Lukaku in the team either. Clearly you come out with some wild, exaggerating statements which is why I take your arguments with a pinch of salt.
Silly post, Sanchez doesn't have the God given right to start every match for us in his favoured position just because he used to be world class at Arsenal. He is good player and if he played poorly he has to be subbed off of dropped. Sanchez was even more inconsistent than Martial and Rashford for us and he has been crap this entire season. And no Martial would never ever play upfront under Mourinho, Mourinho will probably play Fellaini ahead of Martial upfront.

As for your FA cup final example, what the feck did "one of the best left attacking left wingers" Sanchez did in the entire 90 minutes? Why aren't you pointing out every miskick and brainless loss of possession conceded by Sanchez?

Jonno

Silly post, Sanchez doesn't have the God given right to start every match for us in his favoured position just because he used to be world class at Arsenal. He is good player and if he played poorly he has to be subbed off of dropped. Sanchez was even more inconsistent than Martial and Rashford for us and he has been crap this entire season. And no Martial would never ever play upfront under Mourinho, Mourinho will probably play Fellaini ahead of Martial upfront.
Silly response.

I believe, and I'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours, that Sanchez adds more to the team when playing poorly than Martial or Rashford do, hence he is being selected more. Why? Because he is a world class player who also works tirelessly up and down the pitch for the team. Saying he's 'Good' is a bit of a disservice to a guy who has been world class in the PL for years and is still in his peak.

Losses of control in the middle of the pitch is a bit different to completely fecking up a crucial attacking move - something you tend to only see from young players.

Sanchez also has the potential once fully firing to be twice the player of Martial or Rashford. He's proven it throughout his Premier League career. I'd rather take the time right now to get Sanchez gelled into this squad than starting Martial or Rashford right now.

Sanchez has is still bedding into this United team, he's been here a matter of months so actually should be given more time to adapt than say Rashford or Martial who have been here years.

If you want a world class LW next season, do you persist with proven world class LW Sanchez, inconsistent Martial or inconsistent Rashford? It's blindly obvious.

Personally I hope he does play Rashford more, I rate him highly, but I understand his method of thought behind it.

redIndianDevil

Silly response.

I believe, and I'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours, that Sanchez adds more to the team when playing poorly than Martial or Rashford do, hence he is being selected more. Why? Because he is a world class player who also works tirelessly up and down the pitch for the team. Saying he's 'Good' is a bit of a disservice to a guy who has been world class in the PL for years and is still in his peak.

Losses of control in the middle of the pitch is a bit different to completely fecking up a crucial attacking move - something you tend to only see from young players.

Sanchez also has the potential once fully firing to be twice the player of Martial or Rashford. He's proven it throughout his Premier League career. I'd rather take the time right now to get Sanchez gelled into this squad than starting Martial or Rashford right now.

Sanchez has is still bedding into this United team, he's been here a matter of months so actually should be given more time to adapt than say Rashford or Martial who have been here years.

If you want a world class LW next season, do you persist with proven world class LW Sanchez, inconsistent Martial or inconsistent Rashford? It's blindly obvious.

Personally I hope he does play Rashford more, I rate him highly, but I understand his method of thought behind it.
Seeing as Sanchez created a total of zero "crucial attacking moves" in that game why is a substitute criticized so much for it but not a world class experienced pro who played the entire 90 minutes? How many such movrs did Sanchez breakdown in that game? Yes Sanchez needs time to settle here but that doesn't mean he has to play every single game despite being pathetic.