Mourinho to Arsenal/Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Red

I dont know why but I get the feeling wherever he ends up he will take Roy Keane with him. Sneaking suspicion based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, so you should eat this up caftards.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Lucky? In what way is any club who hires Mourinho lucky? :lol:

10 years ago you knew he'd win big trophies before burning bridges at the club and leaving in disarray. Now he doesn't even have the big trophies in his favour.
You are 100% correct in your view. Why on earth would Arsenal want him. Him that ruined united for a decade and left them as a disaster. I'm still try to figure out why a lot of united supporters have such a love affair with the team destroyer.

Greck

A United fan bigging up Mourinho after his three years at your club is even more hilarious
Oh you're in for a treat. At some point you're going to have your fans divided with many cultists ready to defend his every misstep. Be ready to doubt your own sanity when what you thought you knew about human beings is turned on its head. Save this post as I'm guaranteeing this will happen at some point

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I dont know why but I get the feeling wherever he ends up he will take Roy Keane with him. Sneaking suspicion based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, so you should eat this up caftards.
Keane? The man who was constantly criticising him!? No chance.

3KDré

I think he would do quite well there, would set them up on the counter and they're team suits it given how they leak goals. Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe on the break is pretty frightening.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not a chance. He'll be looking for a big club. Back to Man United once the Saudis come in.
Actually don't think that's a bad shout. I'm sure many will disagree but i'd prefer we still had Jose and got Woodward and the Glazers out over having Ole.

I think his time here wasnt as bad as made out given how shambolic the club is being ran. Under the Saudis I'm sure we'd win the the title with Jose.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Very true :lol: love the clashing opinions here, makes the Brexit madness easier to understand
My favourite posts are when you get someone in some random country, who has never been near Old Trafford, giving loads of stick to actual match going fans, telling them what they need to do!

Or other internet fans giving it loads about how they would "walk away" from the club is the Saudis came in.
What....turn their laptop off? What an impact!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The guy's chief MO is to be the biggest fish in the league with the highest money available.

He didn't quite have the latter here, and we saw what happened.
To go to Arsenal, and have to do It on actual management and not lashing the wad is pretty unlikely.
Not quite Benitez at Chelsea for being unpopular, but probably not far off.

Ban

You are 100% correct in your view. Why on earth would Arsenal want him. Him that ruined united for a decade and left them as a disaster. I'm still try to figure out why a lot of united supporters have such a love affair with the team destroyer.
For a decade? Come of it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
My favourite posts are when you get someone in some random country, who has never been near Old Trafford, giving loads of stick to actual match going fans, telling them what they need to do!

Or other internet fans giving it loads about how they would "walk away" from the club is the Saudis came in.
What....turn their laptop off? What an impact!
That's a bit harsh, man.

I'm Mancunian and go to games when possible (which, sadly, is quite rare at the moment), but I don't think I - or anyone else from Manchester - is a better fan than a foreign one. We all love the club in the end. :)

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Allegri is now hotly tipped for the Bayern job, which leaves Arsenal almost certainly Jose's next club unless Emery miraculously turns things around before May.

Jibbs

Mourinho at Arsenal is a scary proposition. Arsenal has arguably one the best attacks in the league, some very talented youngsters, they need fewer signings to compete at the top than United. They just seem to have a mental block. Mourinho thrives under such circumstances, he knows how to channel that negative energy of players into positive results on the pitch if his philosophy is implemented fully. I think Mourinho at Arsenal would be very worrying for a lot of teams.

peridigm

Mourinho at Arsenal is a scary proposition. Arsenal has arguably one the best attacks in the league, some very talented youngsters, they need fewer signings to compete at the top than United. They just seem to have a mental block. Mourinho thrives under such circumstances, he knows how to channel that negative energy of players into positive results on the pitch if his philosophy is implemented fully. I think Mourinho at Arsenal would be very worrying for a lot of teams.
Then who the feck was the imposter that was managing us last season?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
He would destroy that team for years. He’s was only good with a team that had unlimited funds like Madrid, Chelsea ect. united had the funds but he was past it by then and he and the club fecked themselves for years. I don’t mind Arsenal at all and would hate to see that club ruined by that arrogant prick.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It’ll end in tears if it happens. He’s a better manager than Emery but I think they’d end up frustrated with him in the end.

I think Klopp would’ve been perfect for them.

BlueHaze

It’ll end in tears if it happens. He’s a better manager than Emery but I think they’d end up frustrated with him in the end.

I think Klopp would’ve been perfect for them.
Klopp would be perfect for literally any top 4 side. Given time and funds he'll transform any team.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The guy's chief MO is to be the biggest fish in the league with the highest money available.

He didn't quite have the latter here, and we saw what happened.
To go to Arsenal, and have to do It on actual management and not lashing the wad is pretty unlikely.
Not quite Benitez at Chelsea for being unpopular, but probably not far off.
That's been his MO because generally the biggest fish in each league have wanted him over the years. His reputation has waned after his last two failures to the point where he can't really just pick and choose any team he wants. If he's itching to get back into management and wants to try out the Premier League again then Arsenal may end up holding a certain appeal. Would be bizarre to see, but intriguing all the same.

INeedAbsynthe

Supports
Liverpool
Everton fans still think they will get him :lol:

I don’t think Mourinho at Arsenal is that unlikely these days considering they are spending fairly big recently and the whole Wenger feud was a good few years ago. Also isn’t his family still in London?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
yeah, when the team wins it’s Jose. When the team fails it’s the players and board.
And it's not as if Mourinho had already had a spectacular third season implosion at a big-name Premier League club which saw him falling out with basically everyone. No, definitely didn't happen. Not at all.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And it's not as if Mourinho had already had a spectacular third season implosion at a big-name Premier League club which saw him falling out with basically everyone. No, definitely didn't happen. Not at all.
Never happened, it was only at United. It’s because if Woodward, Pogba, Martial, Neville, Scholes. Nothing to do with Jose :wenger:

PyroMan

Yeah, Mourinho is a massive fan of attacking football, isn't he? I'd want him to go to Arsenal to see him try and fix a defence which consists of Mustafi, Papas, Luiz without spending any money. It will be a true test of him as a manager.

And if he's a success there, we know it will be for 2 seasons max. What will that mean? Top 4 and maybe a FA cup if they're lucky? I doubt they will win anything other than that (unless he comes in now, then Europa league). Then it will inevitably end in tears as he combusts towards the end of his 3 year cycle and will leave behind a bigger mess than he inherited.

The biggest winner out of all this is Robbie from AFTV.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Arsenal should take Mourinho just for the shits and giggles. Even better if they take him soon and he gets a result vs Liverpool in the latter half of the season which prevents them from winning the league. The shadenfreude would feel as great as winning the league.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Discussion on Jose at the end.. I personally think because it’s in London, less expectations than United and a more technically gifted squad who can keep ball better than United - it might work out quite well for him but in truth you don’t know with this current version of Jose.. he’s very close to being a busted flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.