Mourinho to Arsenal/Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Not a chance. He'll be looking for a big club. Back to Man United once the Saudis come in.
:drool:

Seriously though, Arsenal is beneath Mourinho. The ONLY reason it could happen is if he is desperate to be able to live with his family in London.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bayern might also enter into the mix if they sack Kovac.

izec

Would be fun to see. The mentality of the squad would be an issue. He would also need serious cash to improve them defensively

LARulz

But he stank up the club and it became the Mourinho show. Bringing him back would be the d'ohest managerial appointment imaginable.
He fell out with the players for many reasons and needed to go because it was clear he wasn't going to win. Woodward naturally found it easier to side with the players and get rid of one guy than get rid of marketable players and bring in a new team/multiple players. Of course I am just guessing but if Mourinho did get who he wanted when he initially did (Maguire etc.) then maybe we'd have done better and the players/him would have all got along a bit better because things were going forward. As it was, Mourinho wanted something the players weren't doing. If Mourinho had the ability to tell people like Pogba and other people to jog on if they weren't on board than be told he has to stay, who knows.

Needham

He fell out with the players for many reasons and needed to go because it was clear he wasn't going to win. Woodward naturally found it easier to side with the players and get rid of one guy than get rid of marketable players and bring in a new team/multiple players. Of course I am just guessing but if Mourinho did get who he wanted when he initially did (Maguire etc.) then maybe we'd have done better and the players/him would have all got along a bit better because things were going forward. As it was, Mourinho wanted something the players weren't doing. If Mourinho had the ability to tell people like Pogba and other people to jog on if they weren't on board than be told he has to stay, who knows.
But picture the scene as it was: living in a hotel, pining for London, never cracking a smile, the emasculation by Klopp and Pep...A nice new freehand in another gigantic transfer kitty won't change the nature of the situation

LARulz

But picture the scene as it was: living in a hotel, pining for London, never cracking a smile, the emasculation by Klopp and Pep...A nice new freehand in another gigantic transfer kitty won't change the nature of the situation
That's true actually, I forgot about the hotel situation and being "far" from family even though I imagine his kids no longer live at home if they are in their 20s. But if he went Madrid, Bayern etc. it would be even worse that situation so if he'd be willing to go there it's not a write off of an idea.

Simplistic I know but Mourinho, like Pep, Klopp and all others, are at their best when they have control. If Mourinho was given full control then he may be happier and the 'rest' that made him more unhappy would seem less bad. Win games, fans happy, players happy, he is happy. Even if for like 3 years, it would be enough.

But realistically we won't be taken over, and even if we were, he won't come back. I fully expect him to go either Bayern or Arsenal unless Madrid flick the switch on Zidane soon to get Mourinho

Brophs

The One and Only
If true, he’s now taking jobs solely to be close to home when he gets sacked.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Doubt he will play Auba, Laca together. Also he wants physical striker as target man which Auba isn't. So Auba might have to stay as winger, in which case he will be expected to work very hard to cover the FB.

IMO, Spurs are most suited for Jose.
So, what, play David Luuz at CF? :D

Simplistic I know but Mourinho, like Pep, Klopp and all others, are at their best when they have control.
This is a myth and it's funny that so many people still believe this. Guardiola had very little of the kind of control you allude to at barcelona and bayern. The kind of total control Ferguson had, that you guys dream Mourinho would have been given, neither Guardiola nor Klopp has it even now, at english clubs and being the keystone of their projects. Nor do they *want* it

Great managers are great because they adapt

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Think he'd do quite well there initially. But it would follow the same pattern it always does. Gone in 3 years.

If I was an Arsenal fan or their ownership I think it would be worth the gamble. Give Mou a couple of high quality CB's and I think he'd have them challenging for the title next season. They've got the attacking players, they've got decent midfielders, and they've got decent fullbacks. Central defenders and a winning mentality instilled from the top down would do wonders for them.

There's a losers mentality and a decade long reputation for being soft as toilet paper at Arsenal. Mourinho would remedy that immedietly.

Greck

Would love this. You know how Chelsea fans got to sit back and predict Jose's step by step implosion when he was here? Would be nice to do that to someone else

Edit: this lot sang "Jose we want you to stay" when he was with us :lol:. I'll definitely enjoy this

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I'd rather have Emery, no contest. They're both cowardly managers who play shite football but at least Emery isn't an utter wanker.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Same old thing.

Good in his first season. Great and potentially competitive for the league or more in his second season. 3rd season has a fight with Martinelli, Aubameyang or whoever the most important player at Arsenal is during those times.

Greck

I'd rather have Emery, no contest. They're both cowardly managers who play shite football but at least Emery isn't an utter wanker.
Not your call. He's yours now. Congrats

SirAF

Ageist
You should be so lucky. He’s not joining Arsenal.

ExecutionerWasp001

No way he comes back to the PL while Pep & Klopp are still around. He can't fail in his next job as it will be the end of his career at the top level.

Needham

No way he comes back to the PL while Pep & Klopp are still around. He can't fail in his next job as it will be the end of his career at the top level.
Pep is in his last season at City and Liverpool, though in the ascendancy now, are a far less formidable opponent over time.

Pete Dahh Sneak

Supports
Chelsea
Would love this. You know how Chelsea fans got to sit back and predict Jose's step by step implosion when he was here? Would be nice to do that to someone else

Edit: this lot sang "Jose we want you to stay" when he was with us :lol:. I'll definitely enjoy this
The fact we got to do that was really the “glass half full” side of Jose going to United.

There’s no way this happens. He needs to spend money. Arsenal... don’t do that.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
People who run Bayern and Mourinho. Totally different views on how a football club should be run.
Ancelotti and Kovac didn't really fit Bayern either, at least tactically. But that didn't stop them from hiring these guys either. Who knows what's going to happen if Bayern are desperate for an experienced coach and Mourinho is perhaps a bit humbled by his recent misfortunes.

Pete Dahh Sneak

Supports
Chelsea
Ancelotti and Kovac didn't really fit Bayern either. But that didn't stop them from hiring these guys. Who knows what's going to happen if Bayern are desperate for an experienced coach and Mourinho is perhaps a bit humbled by his recent misfortunes.
I don’t really think their personalities are even in the same galaxy as Jose’s. I don’t think Germany interests Jose. Rather, I don’t think Germany’s interested in Jose.

UncleBob

Ancelotti and Kovac didn't really fit Bayern either, at least tactically. But that didn't stop them from hiring these guys either. Who knows what's going to happen if Bayern are desperate for an experienced coach and Mourinho is perhaps a bit humbled by his recent misfortunes.
:lol:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
You should be so lucky. He’s not joining Arsenal.
Lucky? In what way is any club who hires Mourinho lucky? :lol:

10 years ago you knew he'd win big trophies before burning bridges at the club and leaving in disarray. Now he doesn't even have the big trophies in his favour.

SirAF

Ageist
Lucky? In what way is any club who hires Mourinho lucky? :lol:

10 years ago you knew he'd win big trophies before burning bridges at the club and leaving in disarray. Now he doesn't even have the big trophies in his favour.
:houllier:

Arsenal fan turning his nose up at Mourinho is hilarious.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
:houllier:

Arsenal fan turning his nose up at Mourinho is hilarious.
A United fan bigging up Mourinho after his three years at your club is even more hilarious

SirAF

Ageist
A United fan bigging up Mourinho after his three years at your club is even more hilarious
You’re welcome to Emery then! It’s all a moot (or mute according to one guy here) point anyway since he’s obviously not joining a club like Arsenal.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
That's true actually, I forgot about the hotel situation and being "far" from family even though I imagine his kids no longer live at home if they are in their 20s. But if he went Madrid, Bayern etc. it would be even worse that situation so if he'd be willing to go there it's not a write off of an idea.

Simplistic I know but Mourinho, like Pep, Klopp and all others, are at their best when they have control. If Mourinho was given full control then he may be happier and the 'rest' that made him more unhappy would seem less bad. Win games, fans happy, players happy, he is happy. Even if for like 3 years, it would be enough.

But realistically we won't be taken over, and even if we were, he won't come back. I fully expect him to go either Bayern or Arsenal unless Madrid flick the switch on Zidane soon to get Mourinho
Mourinho won't have control at any of those clubs, and certainly less than he had at United.

izec

Only a desperate club with short term strategy and panic hires Jose at this point. If he doesnt have one of the best squads in the league, he wont win it. Good football also wont be there for most of the time, so i dont know what the point is. He will improve short term most teams, but once he goes, you are desperate again. The manager you hire after Jose is more important than Jose himself.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Only a desperate club with short term strategy and panic hires Jose at this point. If he doesnt have one of the best squads in the league, he wont win it. Good football also wont be there for most of the time, so i dont know what the point is. He will improve short term most teams, but once he goes, you are desperate again. The manager you hire after Jose is more important than Jose himself.
I don't think his ego will allow this but if he wants to carry on managing in or around the top level he's better off floating around doing interim stints, basically the big club version of what Allardyce has been doing lower down.

Personally I think he should head into international football now, a World Cup or Euros/Copa America is probably the only real times that the modern footballer will truly buy into a siege mentality approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.