Mourinho vs. Conte: "I've never been suspended for match fixing"

Kostur

海尔的老板
I don’t care who responded to what. The whole thing is childish and cringeworthy. And yes it is a distraction to the team. How he handles his pressers is distracting to the squad especially at a time when the season could derail and we could easily end up outside top 4. Forget Pep, he at least needs to focus on getting us a cushion at the 2nd spot. I’m not sure spending time thinking about his response to Conte is the best use of his time.
Yeah I'm sure we're abandoning training sessions because Jose's trying to come up with a witty comeback with the whole squad.

Juanuzayne

Yeah I'm sure we're abandoning training sessions because Jose's trying to come up with a witty comeback with the whole squad.
Because you would have to abandon training sessions to drop a point or two, right? Every point matters at this stage and we certainly can’t let any distractions derail our season. You already get the sense he is losing the plot with his recent comments and team’s performances. Then Pogba makes the comment that something has to change. You would think that the manager would be more concerned about the performances on the pitch rather than spending more than 5 minutes each presser engaging in a useless war or words with a manager who is an even bigger idiot. But of course this is typical Mourinho. Starting to feel like the beginning of the end for him here.

Halftrack

Because you would have to abandon training sessions to drop a point or two, right? Every point matters at this stage and we certainly can’t let any distractions derail our season. You already get the sense he is losing the plot with his recent comments and team’s performances. Then Pogba makes the comment that something has to change. You would think that the manager would be more concerned about the performances on the pitch rather than spending more than 5 minutes each presser engaging in a useless war or words with a manager who is an even bigger idiot. But of course this is typical Mourinho. Starting to feel like the beginning of the end for him here.
You're pretty dramatic, I'll give you that. Mourinho's done what? Responded to Conte calling him senile? And this "war of words" is the reason for our poor December form? Do you think the one comment Mourinho made has affected anything at all (other than Conte)?

Come on, now. So far, Mourinho's literally one comment in. If he starts melting down Keegan/Rafa style, then I'll worry. Right now, though, he's toying with Conte, and it's unlikely to affect anything.

Adebesi

There's another interpretation:

I think this is all clever motivational psychology from Jose. He's refocussing the players and fans on the battle for 2nd and to stop obssessing and comparing with City. Its more motivating to focus on a team that you can fight than.on one that has already won. Might explain the renewed fight about the team. They seem to have stopped moping.
I assume this is exactly what Mourinho has in mind. I guess we'll have to wait and see how results go to see whether his plan works, but this sort of thing has paid off for him (and SAF) in the past.

Juanuzayne

You're pretty dramatic, I'll give you that. Mourinho's done what? Responded to Conte calling him senile? And this "war of words" is the reason for our poor December form? Do you think the one comment Mourinho made has affected anything at all (other than Conte)?

Come on, now. So far, Mourinho's literally one comment in. If he starts melting down Keegan/Rafa style, then I'll worry. Right now, though, he's toying with Conte, and it's unlikely to affect anything.

I suppose. I just hate that city fans are looking at this and laughing in a similar way we mock pool fans and Klopp. I guess it’s just bitterness towards city’s recent success that has me all worked up about this.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I suppose. I just hate that city fans are looking at this and laughing in a similar way we mock pool fans and Klopp. I guess it’s just bitterness towards city’s recent success that has me all worked up about this.
Pep is a lunatic as well; he's more of a weirdo lunatic; whereas Mourinho and Conte are more relateable lunatics. Every top manager is a lunatic; because you have to be a bit on the edge to be a top manager.

Remember last season when Pep was talking about how he was so proud of the team after they lost a game playing shite, and how he called one of the top 6 the best team he has ever played against. He's still doing that type of stuff this season, but no one notices because City are always winning.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sorry to bump this.. But looking at the match so far and Chelseas season under Conte, do you guys think its a coincidence they collapsed since this feud really kicked off?

Also what was the first quote that started the feud this season specifically kicked it all off again? Was it Conte saying "I don't want Mourinho second season with Chelsea"?

If so then that's bloody hilarious now.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Sorry to bump this.. But looking at the match so far and Chelseas season under Conte, do you guys think its a coincidence they collapsed since this feud really kicked off?

Also what was the first quote that started the feud this season specifically kicked it all off again? Was it Conte saying "I don't want Mourinho second season with Chelsea"?

The main thing was Mourinho said about managers jumping like fools on the touchline, meaning Klopp, and a reporter told Conte it was about him so Conte replied and thus got owned.

SirAF

Ageist

:drool:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I remember speaking to a CFC supporting friend of mine.
He said that since the feud kicked off, CFC won 1-2 games. They drew or lost the rest of the game.
It is an extraordinary collapse, from the reigning champs.
TBH, the dressing room has too much power. There is no way that Conte can be blamed for this. Same goes for Jose, when exactly the same thing happened.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The main thing was Mourinho said about managers jumping like fools on the touchline, meaning Klopp, and a reporter told Conte it was about him so Conte replied and thus got owned.
But didn't Conte say the "I don't want another Mourinho season" before the clown comment? Can't remember, need a time line..

Hilarious either way because Conte went on record to take a piss on Mourinho collapsing and they've almost lost as many games as Jose did that year (11 vs 12 I think?).

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
But didn't Conte say the "I don't want another Mourinho season" before the clown comment? Can't remember, need a time line..

Hilarious either way because Conte went on record to take a piss on Mourinho collapsing and they've almost lost as many games as Jose did that year (11 vs 12 I think?).
yes he did. Next time he will think twice.

Kapardin

I think it was a coincidence. Conte is a tough character to be affected by mind games. There were signs of this happening even when Chelsea were 3rd tbh.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship

He did but that was before everything kicked off.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
:lol:

Even with them making that comeback, it's still the case that since Mourinho decided to strike back Chelsea's season has gone up in flames and Conte has come out with more and more alienating statements. He can only really blame himself, that Mourinho 2nd season comment was absolutely needless.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
No one can seriously believe that now, can they? It's not like Mourinho's turned our entire team to shit via verbal conjuring of sorts. If that's the case, then his mouth should be registered as a weapon of mass destruction.

Denis' cuff

If the unthinkable happens and you-know-who win the CL, would Chelsea qualify from 5th position?

el3mel

Yes. If Liverpool finish in the top four, what will happen.
What ? As far as I'm concerned the rules haven't changed. Chelsea won't qualify to anything higher than EL if they finish out of top 4 regardless of what Liverpool do in CL.