Mourinho vs De Boer: Clash of Words

Sanche7

You gotta feel for Mourinho, he has had to prove himself to all the haters, everyday of his career
Starting from being rejected at Barca to this day where he is often seen as 'monster who kills little kids' despite being the manager to give most minutes to a youngster.

Yes he has a big ego but maybe that's all a defense mechanism, look at me haters, I proved you all wrong, I'm the special one!
Despite winning all those trophies, he's never the media favorite
Despite trying to be classy, trying to change, he is punished for the smallest of things, things which many others get away because it's due to passion
Despite serving Chelsea the best way he can, he was called Judas

He's constantly portrayed as a monster,hated way more than he should be
There's so much a man can take and I'm not surprised he's lashed out at all those who continue to doubt him, to criticize him despite him not deserving most of it

Everyday morning he wakes up having to prove himself and everyday he emerges as a winner.
Go on Jose, murder them haters

Josep Dowling

The problem with pundits is they just follow the same rhetoric without any factual basis.

Look at Rashford’s appearances and it’s clear he has been involved significantly over the last two seasons. I keep hearing ‘he hasn’t started since December’ and they all just ignore the fact he was injured for a while. It amazes me how much some of these pundits are on and they are not up to date with this information.

Why doesn’t Pep get asked about not starting Stones? Or the fact he replaced him with another £60m defender of a similar age.

Why does Conte never get asked why he doesn’t start any of the Youth academy players when they have about 30 players out on loan.

I wish Jose would just come out with this stuff like this. Do a Sir Alex and tell them to report the truth or feck off. Ban them from the media events at Old Trafford if you have to. I can see why Jose looks fed up in his interviews these days. He doesn’t get praise for anything. We have just won 3 games in a row, including 2 top 4 rivals. And all the questions have negative spin on them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The problem with pundits is they just follow the same rhetoric without any factual basis.

Look at Rashford’s appearances and it’s clear he has been involved significantly over the last two seasons. I keep hearing ‘he hasn’t started since December’ and they all just ignore the fact he was injured for a while. It amazes me how much some of these pundits are on and they are not up to date with this information.

Why doesn’t Pep get asked about not starting Stones? Or the fact he replaced him with another £60m defender of a similar age.

Why does Conte never get asked why he doesn’t start any of the Youth academy players when they have about 30 players out on loan.

I wish Jose would just come out with this stuff like this. Do a Sir Alex and tell them to report the truth or feck off. Ban them from the media events at Old Trafford if you have to. I can see why Jose looks fed up in his interviews these days. He doesn’t get praise for anything. We have just won 3 games in a row, including 2 top 4 rivals. And all the questions have negative spin on them.
Was thinking about this last week when Redknapp went on another tangent.

SirAF

Ageist

I absolutely adored when Ferguson did that :drool: Jose, though, needs a few more trophies at United to have the same clout to do so I feel. It's coming though :devil:

Akshay

Staff
People seem to be taking this as some sort of attack on mourinho as a whole rather than what it was

Murray had been talking about Rashford's run up to the world cup and started the idea of lack of playing time

I'd agree that what De Boer said in this instance is on the rather misinformed side, though he goes on to give fair points regarding the arrival of Sanchez

Very thin skin on Mourinho's part to respond like this though. Also equally misrepresenting the statistical truth, which is that De Boer only managed 4 PL games, not 7.

Also think this tendency to completely write off someone like De Boer's accomplishments and standing out of blind partisanship, as in this thread, is laughable.

What I will say is that De Boer is a very poor manager though, delusional about the way his own teams play(ed), and the things he says regarding football, and Ajax in particular, as a pundit never fail to baffle me.

On the other hand he's a very sympathetic man who lacks some subtlety in the way he says things, particularly in English, and to fight his corner a little he does have a solid track-record of top-class Premier League players developing under his management, such as Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, and, though less impressive than the others, Blind.
It was an attack on Jose. You can't say 'It's a pity that the manager is Mourinho' and claim that it's not a personal attack. That's exactly what it is. And if he's entitled to his views on Jose's management, then Jose's also entitled to air his views on De Boer.

No one is writing off De Boer's accomplishments as a player, and you yourself agree he's a poor manager and pundit. So exactly what's your problem with the comments in the thread?

DeGea

Damn that was savage. Burn.

It is so beautiful in its simplicity and how true the statement actually is.

Reflects Jose's intelligence, and I am loving it. SAF-esque. We love you Jose, even if no one else in England likes you, you are our Special One! Prove the haters wrong.

ti vu

People seem to be taking this as some sort of attack on mourinho as a whole rather than what it was

Murray had been talking about Rashford's run up to the world cup and started the idea of lack of playing time

I'd agree that what De Boer said in this instance is on the rather misinformed side, though he goes on to give fair points regarding the arrival of Sanchez

Very thin skin on Mourinho's part to respond like this though. Also equally misrepresenting the statistical truth, which is that De Boer only managed 4 PL games, not 7.

Also think this tendency to completely write off someone like De Boer's accomplishments and standing out of blind partisanship, as in this thread, is laughable.

What I will say is that De Boer is a very poor manager though, delusional about the way his own teams play(ed), and the things he says regarding football, and Ajax in particular, as a pundit never fail to baffle me.

On the other hand he's a very sympathetic man who lacks some subtlety in the way he says things, particularly in English, and to fight his corner a little he does have a solid track-record of top-class Premier League players developing under his management, such as Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, and, though less impressive than the others, Blind.
I don't follow. Mourinho didn't fire back at De Boer, the footballer. His comment hit the mark on De Boer the pundit and football coach which you agreed your self is poor. Just because Murray baited doesn't mean as guest pundit you had to bite and gave an agenda driven opinion.

DeGea

I just love how you are pointing out the fact he only managed 4 PL games rather than 7, which actually makes things even worst. He did not even last 7 PL games!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Someone called AjaxSuarez is defending De Boer taking a dig at Mourinho, what a surprise!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No problem at all with Mourinho tearing people a new one like he does on occasion when they deserve it. And De Boer definitely deserved it, such a pointless and factually incorrect thing to say in the first place.

Though Mourinho should have said "couldn't even last 5 games", since he's wrong with the 7. Not sure which one is worse though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Also, love how all the pundits seem to have forgotten that period when Rashford wasn't scoring for 3 months last season yet Mourinho was consistently starting him.
They seem to forget that we also have one of the most promising youngsters in the world, just 1 year old, pretty much rotating with him and fighting for the same position. So not sure what they want. Start Rashford because he's English? Or start whichever of the 2 is in better form like Mourinho has done all season and sub the other.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The dig is deserved but you have to admit that 7 games aren't enough to be the worst manager in the history of the league, he has the worst record though.:lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was quite surprised De Boer said what he said. It was pretty disrespectful and ill informed off him.

Brightonian

Good!
These pundits sit in their chairs slating our playing style, while their beloved all attacking LFC, get beaten.
I think it would be great if we won the CL, playing our style of pragmatic football - I'd love to see these football pundits who have failed as managers, cry themselves to sleep.
These pundits need to learn that while attacking football requires a lot of skill and tactical nous, so does playing a defensive/adaptive style. Being able to "shut down" the best attack in the league is not an easy thing to do and requires not only a great tactic, but also great skill, discipline and ability for our players to implement such a tactic.
And on top of that it's just so over the top. We played good football in the first half and dominated them. We had more attacks and more good chances. All they had in that half was more possession. The bus didn't get parked until the second half.

And throughout the season generally, we've put in some 'pragmatic' performances, and some more entertaining ones. Let's not forget that for the first two months of the season we were on fire, four goals a game, and probably the most watchable team in the league.

The way the media talk, you'd think we'd turned into a Tony Pulis side, instead of just a side that aren't as tippy tappy as City or as unwilling to bother defending as Liverpool.

Nogbadthebad

Am I the only one who looked at Rashford in December and looked at him on saturday and thought resting him had done the lad a world of good?

He plays a lot for a youngster. I want his career to be a giggs, not an owen.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Am I the only one who looked at Rashford in December and looked at him on saturday and thought resting him had done the lad a world of good?

He plays a lot for a youngster. I want his career to be a giggs, not an owen.
If by resting you mean mental rest than probably, when a young player is struggling it can be a good idea to take him out and let him think about other things. Otherwise players are rarely physically tired.

Denis79

It was a clear attack on Mourinho from De Boer. Deserved Mourinhos come-back.

prath92

Someone called AjaxSuarez is defending De Boer taking a dig at Mourinho, what a surprise!
Also a subtle dig at the end ‘less impressively, Blind’ :lol:. Who was one of Ajax’s best players before he left

Himannv

Haha Jose should really stop responding to all these randoms. I had to chuckle a bit when he called him the worst manager in the history of the premier league though.

Frank Grimes

Mourinho says he doesn't listen to or care what pundits say yet always gets involved in these incidents. Very ugly side of his character that I don't like tbh, can't let anything go, always goes way over the top imo and always needs the last word.

SirAF

Ageist
Mourinho says he doesn't listen to or care what pundits say yet always gets involved in these incidents. Very ugly side of his character that I don't like tbh, can't let anything go, always goes way over the top imo and always needs the last word.
:lol:

Nik70

The sign of a competitor.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
So easy to be a pundit these days.

If Rashford was playing every game - "he's playing too much, he'll get burned out, you have to manage young players carefully but this is Jose - he cares only about winning".

FujiVice

He is the 'fecking boss' like Pep said. You don't take him on in his own game.
What I liked about Ferguson was he'd plant little land mines and then go back to those reference points. He wouldnt just slag Rafa or Keegan off outright. He'd have a death by a thousand papercuts type approach. But Mourinho just fecking goes for your throat. Calls you bald or a match fixer or a shit manager. He's quite hilarious.

Fergie was like a great novel. Jose is like an issue of Viz magazine. Just to the point.

devil in me

Jamie Redknapp said this nonsense about Rashford the other week (at a time when Rashford had played in every single game this season) and got widely rinsed. Now others are coming out and saying the same. The punditry scene is a joke. Do any of them do any sort of research ...?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Except all the times that he doesn't do that. You just don't notice them because they're not stories then.