Moussa Diaby | Leverkusen

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How do our French posters rate him? He looked lively today against Bayern. Final ball was a bit hit and miss but he's very direct and pacey.

I was getting young Robben vibes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Super fast, great dribbler and a decent crosser. Very inconsistent but always lively.

Could be a real player, If we couldn't get Sancho I'd like us to take a chance on him IMO.

Did you see him leave Davies for pace today? couldn't believe it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Do PSG ever put any buy back clauses in the young players they let go? Got quite a few scattered around Bundesliga now.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
The only game I've watched of him he was horrendous

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@JPRouve your thoughts?
Still the same, PSG are morons and I said at the time that they were making a mistake by selling him.

In all seriousness, I prefer Diaby to Cavani in that front three, he has a better relationship with Mbappé and Neymar, they are on the same wavelength. Do you think that it's a long term thing or just a novelty?
He is probably the best U20 in France and he should have been the one replacing Neymar when he injured himself instead of changing the organization which totally derailed PSG's season. I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing a "Lo Celso", they should sell the likes of Draxler.
Edit: Here you have a small list of players that PSG lost due to a boneheaded strategy that put them in trouble with FFP when PSG is one of the rare clubs that should never been in trouble with it since they produce players at an incredible pace:
Coman, Ferland Mendy, Diaby, Ikoné, Moussa Dembélé, Odsonne Edouard, Kouassi, Rabiot, Guendouzi, Zagadou, Areola, Soumaré or Nkunku.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

I think we need a left-footed player for our forward options and if this guy fits the bill, why not?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
IMO, it's far too early for him to join a top club. He's still very, very raw. Has a very high ceiling but currently also a very low bottom level. On his day, he's practically undefendable since his first steps are lightning quick. He has a little bit Dembele in him but his dribbling style reminds me more of Mané. From what I've seen, I'd say he's very two footed. Can cross, dribble and shoot with left and right. But as I said, still raw und with immature decision making. His technique is also inconsistent. Sometimes incredible touches and ball control, sometimes the exact opposite.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Played well in Leverkusen's win over Gladbach just now. His ability to carry the ball at pace was key to the win IMO. He also showed good composure to play in Leon Bailly for one of the goals.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Played well in Leverkusen's win over Gladbach just now. His ability to carry the ball at pace was key to the win IMO. He also showed good composure to play in Leon Bailly for one of the goals.
Good player. I was impressed

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Great talent, far from rmbeing ready for a top club I think. Still inconsistent and at times too careless on the ball.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Any Bundesliga watchers care to comment? He's on 8 goals and 4 assists in the league this season.

Is he good enough for a bigger club?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Any Bundesliga watchers care to comment? He's on 8 goals and 4 assists in the league this season.

Is he good enough for a bigger club?
Bigger than Leverkusen? Sure. ;)
"Bigger" as in elite club? Not at all.

Last edited:

avgp_1

Has all the tools but his decision making isn't there yet to be an elite wide forward

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wouldn't go for him if I were United. Definitely worse than Antony and lightyears behind Sancho.

Would rather fit a Italian team I imagine. Or one that doesn't try to dominate matches. Diaby can be very erratic.