Film Movie & TV Show Trailers

RedDevilQuebecois

Oh god that looks horrendous.
That overly melodramatic, sanctimonious score alone is making my ears bleed.
The trailer music sounds OTT. Nevertheless, I enjoyed Dances With Wolves and Open Range as Western movies directed by Costner, and I enjoyed his work as an actor in Wyatt Earp and in Yellowstone. Whenever he is involved in the Western genre, I have the same level of high anticipation as when Martin Scorcese directs a mafia movie.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't know why they've been desperate to remake it.
Though I don't necessarily love the original, I think the basic narrative and the majority of the performances are pretty poor (Sorry Brandon), I can admire the set and costume designs and especially Wolski's cinematography which goes to some ways as to raising the movie onto another level.
I don't think even fans of this licence have been wanting a remake or another film in the series, considering the remakes (film and TV series) have been utterly underwhelming to outright awful. And this looks just as creatively bland and charmless as its predecessors.
Maybe fans of the comic book series may have different opinion though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Save this image above and crank up the exposure ;)

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They really leant into the Prometheus trailer sound design....
Yep, which I'm OK with. It worked for that trailer and it works here.
Really liking the set designs from this teaser. I can see why HULU pulled it from streaming services and went for the theatrical release.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Looks like they might have finally remembered that Alien is a horror film set in space, looks promising.

Superunknown

I'm trying not to get excited, especially about that bad run of Alien Resurrection all the way to Covenant. We've not had a good Alien film in 30+ years. But, this trailer looks promising. Please be great...

RedNome

After reading this interview I'm even more excited for this, this part especially stood out for me:

For the creatures, we brought in all the guys from Aliens. They were in their early twenties when they made Aliens, and they were a part of Stan Winston’s [special effects] team. And now we had them at the top of their game. They have their own shops, and so we brought them all together to work on all the creatures, because we went with all animatronics and puppets at every level. I even got the chance to be under the table with them, puppeteering all these animatronics.

I have this obsession with no green screens, so we built every creature and set. Everything had to be built so we were really living and breathing in these spaces. But I’m not an anti-CG guy. I got the chance to do Evil Dead, because I had made this short movie called Panic Attack! with a couple of friends and we did all the CG. So I come from a background where I know how to build the effects myself. I still do VFX shots in my movies to this day. I’ll cut and do VFX shots on my computer, sometimes. So it’s just whatever is best for the shot, and when it comes to face-to-face encounters and moments with creatures, nothing beats the real thing.
Hate the overuse of CGI so this is a massive plus for me.

MiceOnMeth

I'm trying not to get excited, especially about that bad run of Alien Resurrection all the way to Covenant. We've not had a good Alien film in 30+ years. But, this trailer looks promising. Please be great...
Prometheus and covenant are solid films.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Trailers are horrendous these days. They take a classic 70s or 80s song, slow it down and have it sung by some woman who sounds like she has 10 minutes to live.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
After reading this interview I'm even more excited for this, this part especially stood out for me:

Hate the overuse of CGI so this is a massive plus for me.
Never trust Hollywood when they talk about CGI. There's practical effects in A:Romulus, which is great obviously, but there's a fair amount of CGI too, arguably more, and that's without taking into account of the spaceships.

Here's a video I saw a few weeks back concerning practical and CGI.

RedNome

Never trust Hollywood when they talk about CGI. There's practical effects in A:Romulus, which is great obviously, but there's a fair amount of CGI too, arguably more, and that's without taking into account of the spaceships.

Here's a video I saw a few weeks back concerning practical and CGI.
I was more talking about the use of animatronics for the Xenomorphs tbh, there's always going to be cgi of some sort, that's a given and not too much of an issue for me.