Moving the goals in football

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I hate the fact one can’t go behind the goals in football. I’d like to see the goals moved forward 6yards and be placed on the 6 yard line, this would allow play to continue behind the goals and introduce all new kinds of goal scoring techniques. I’m not totally against the idea of a barrier around the field to prevent corners and throwins to go with this rule, it would certainly introduce more game time and less faffing around changing takers. This saved time could allow for more thorough VAR checks and advertisements.

I think these rules would fit in well with the new increased substitute, quarterly played VAR game

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Genuinely can't tell if this is serious.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I think goalkeepers should be allowed to take their gloves off and have a 2 minute fight in the centre circle before and after each game.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I think goalkeepers should be allowed to take their gloves off and have a 2 minute fight in the centre circle before and after each game.
I like the way this is going. We need more entertainment. Maybe the stadium mc could introduce both keepers

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Substitutes warming up on the side of the pitch should be allowed to shoot if the ball comes close to them!!
Don't be afraid of change!
I like this too. Or maybe ball boys, same as that goal line clearance by the ball boy a few years ago

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The goals should be constantly moving throughout the game really. Not just backwards and forwards either, they should move in unpredictable and erratic ways, to maximise that big pitch. Ideally they could rise up to 100 feet in the air, to give the people in the top tier of the stadium a chance to see some action up close.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The goals should be constantly moving throughout the game really. Not just backwards and forwards either, they should move in unpredictable and erratic ways, to maximise that big pitch. Ideally they could rise up to 100 feet in the air, to give the people in the top tier of the stadium a chance to see some action up close.
:lol: I genuinely laughed. Nice

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I'd watch that glass indoor style game from old school Fifa if somebody started a league.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
For kick off, each 11 starts on their own goal line, with the ball in the centre spot, and the players have to sprint to the ball to start the match. Each player gets a choice of melee weapon to run with. When players enter the centre circle, they are allowed to engage in combat.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Great idea

To add to this I think all players should be able to use their hands when in the box. This will not only stop goalkeepers having an unfair advantage, but also will help VAR with handballs.

We best get scouting the European Handball league

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
For kick off, each 11 starts on their own goal line, with the ball in the centre spot, and the players have to sprint to the ball to start the match. Each player gets a choice of melee weapon to run with. When players enter the centre circle, they are allowed to engage in combat.
Apart from you not taking it seriously with the melee weapon and combat, the idea of all starting on the goal line isn’t too bad

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I'd watch that glass indoor style game from old school Fifa if somebody started a league.
If you’re actually interested there is the MASL which is similar to the FIFA 98 indoor but played on turf.

Landon Donovan, Jermaine Jones and Dwayne DeRosario played in it in recent years. DeRo played on a team local to me with a bunch of my mates but the team has now folded.

Mark Pawelek

I hate the fact one can’t go behind the goals in football. I’d like to see the goals moved forward 6yards and be placed on the 6 yard line, this would allow play to continue behind the goals and introduce all new kinds of goal scoring techniques. I’m not totally against the idea of a barrier around the field to prevent corners and throwins to go with this rule, it would certainly introduce more game time and less faffing around changing takers. This saved time could allow for more thorough VAR checks and advertisements.

I think these rules would fit in well with the new increased substitute, quarterly played VAR game
You can go behind the goals, you just can't take the ball with you.

Irrational.

This would make for a great spectacle - add some dramatic music with the camera panning across both lines prior to kick-off, focusing on the concentration on the players' faces. The managers would be stood behind their players beyond the touchline. Once the referee whistled the managers would let out a roar as the players charge forward, Game of Thrones style.

If City were playing Liverpool, we'd get to see the football equivalent of the Battle of the Bastards.

Crustanoid

Definitely should also allow one player to be able to use a hockey stick in the game. predefined by a lottery system

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Great idea

To add to this I think all players should be able to use their hands when in the box. This will not only stop goalkeepers having an unfair advantage, but also will help VAR with handballs.

We best get scouting the European Handball league
I’m not sure how it would work in practice involving tackling and such but I’m sure things could be adapted to suit. Not all that outrageous an idea

You can go behind the goals, you just can't take the ball with you.
Good point made

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
This would make for a great spectacle - add some dramatic music with the camera panning across both lines prior to kick-off, focusing on the concentration on the players' faces. The managers would be stood behind their players beyond the touchline. Once the referee whistled the managers would let out a roar as the players charge forward, Game of Thrones style.

If City were playing Liverpool, we'd get to see the football equivalent of the Battle of the Bastards.
:lol:

cyberman

Lets introduce a 10 foot high ceiling. Itll kill long balls and put technical ability to the fore.
Honestly, as I typed that, im wondering why this isnt a coaching tool

fps

The ball is an outdated concept. Remove the ball and you have a much more modern game.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The goals should get 50% wider every 15 minutes. And be made of rubber.

Crustanoid

Genetically modify a goalie which is a slab of flesh exactly the same dimension as the goal

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Didn't realise hockey football was a thing I wanted to try until now.