Moyes: Nobody would have done better than me at Man Utd after Sir Alex

BigCaine

Jesus people on here spout some bollocks. That team got 89 points the season before in 2012 and only lost the title on goal difference. The year before that in 2011 they won the league.

Average teams don't almost win 3 league titles in a row. It wasn't Fergusons greatest side but it was still a good one.
Most of that team was average, likes of Giggs, vidic, Rio, evra were great players but those days were done for them by fergie's last season. Team got 89 points because of the man in charge, there is a reason why none of the players who I mentioned in my first post other than evra have even come close to being a big part of any title or trophy winning team since SAF.

Moyes can be blamed for many things but it wasn't his fault that vidic looked absolutely atrocious in serie a or Ferdinand somehow managed to make a really bad QPR defense worse or the fact that likes of Cleverly and Anderson are playing at the level they belong today.

Well, SAF achieved that title with 11 points to spare, and if he had stayed he would have sold off Rooney (the only player you didn’t slag off as being poor), and brought a couple of players. Problem solved - ready for another title run with an experienced team.

Edit: and SAF would never have fired his backroom staff.

I kinda forgot about him, Sir Alex staying would really have saved us lot of money we spent on Rooney, though I don't think he was ready to fix those problems, I think he much like Wenger at arsenal was a bit too loyal to his last squad, Rafael's injury issues were well-known, Giggs was not a mf at least not for a club like us, evra had lost his legs, likes of welbeck were not a top team player but sir alex kept faith with all of them. When we had an injury crises he brought back scholes but refused to buy a good midfielder. Sir Alex from 90's would not have baulked at hazard's fees.

stevoc

Most of that team was average, likes of Giggs, vidic, Rio, evra were great players but those days were done for them by fergie's last season. Team got 89 points because of the man in charge, there is a reason why none of the players who I mentioned in my first post other than evra have even come close to being a big part of any title or trophy winning team since SAF.
Theres only so much a manager no matter how good can do. Ferguson was a genius not a magician he still needed good players and that was a good team. It was coming to the end of its cycle but Moyes made almost every player in the squad perform worse than they were capable of.

The worst thing Moyes reign caused is the revisionism towards Fergusons final team. They were a good if not great side, but to say it was an average side is pure nonsense. Average teams don't win multiple titles.

Moyes can be blamed for many things but it wasn't his fault that vidic looked absolutely atrocious in serie a or Ferdinand somehow managed to make a really bad QPR defense worse or the fact that likes of Cleverly and Anderson are playing at the level they belong today.
Perhaps not but Moyes can be blamed for turning a squad that just won the league at a canter into dogshit almost to a man. The players performances that year were down to Moyes, the squad was easily capable of much, much more.

RedDevil@84

So now he wants the Scotland job.. I guess his friends in media can make him the coach by writing articles on him every other day

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Giggs would have done better after Fergie than moyes. Fact. I bet we'd have finished top four with the same squad actually wanting to play for whoever was in charge. Moyes- the worst choice we could have made in hindsight. He was overrated and he totally believed his own hype. His quotes about United every few months are just cringey. Feck off already you disaster of a manager! Find your level and rebuild your crumbling reputation or else retire. Please stop talking about us every chance you get. Cheers.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Anyone who thinks he wasn't bad and should have been given longer needs a reality check, and can't have watched many games that season. We were bad, very bad. The team was not as bad as some people made out. If Fergie could get the best out of them then another manager good enough to manage United should have been able to do so. Moyes was way out of his depth. Just take a look at what he did with Sunderland and Sociedad to get an idea of how terrible he is. He is a dinosaur.

BigBebe

I can't imagine a more depressing appointment if you're a Scotland fan.
Exactly, I can just imagine it now when our Euro qualifying group in announced......

'Oh, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, the Scilly Isles and Rockall. That is a very very tough group for Scotland. Rockall away to start with, that is very tricky, they've got puffins and everything, we will do well to get the runners up spot.'

Nightmare.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The only good thing he has done for united is showing why we shouldn't take the manager spot for granted.

If jose come straight after saf he would have been booed and sacked by then for not winning the league.

Nogbadthebad

I still think that the very worst thing he did was chuck out our backroom staff and bring in a bunch of his mates who hadn't won a fecking egg and spoon race between them for three decades.

They weren't winners, had no clue how to deal with a huge club and squad as we have, and were about a decade out of date in terms of training philosophy.

Moyes has shown he was never actually up to the job, but I think if we had Moyes with the established backroom team behind him that season, we would have been top four still.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Moyes: Noddy would have done better than me at Man Utd after Sir Alex

finneh

The only good thing he has done for united is showing why we shouldn't take the manager spot for granted.

If jose come straight after saf he would have been booed and sacked by then for not winning the league.
Agreed. We couldn't have had a more apt sacrificial lamb if we'd have tried. Not only did he bring expectations crashing down to Earth in a fashion that couldn't have been written, but his general persona and rhetoric were as if he was trying to be the world's worst Scouse sleeper agent.

With the style of Football we then had to tolerate under LVG, between the two of them they were the ultimate duo to take pressure and normalise expectations for our next manager.

SteveJ

Scout
With the style of Football we then had to tolerate under LVG, between the two of them they were the ultimate duo to take pressure and normalise expectations for our next manager.
'Fat Man' & Bobbins.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Giggs would have done better after Fergie than moyes. Fact. I bet we'd have finished top four with the same squad actually wanting to play for whoever was in charge. Moyes- the worst choice we could have made in hindsight. He was overrated and he totally believed his own hype. His quotes about United every few months are just cringey. Feck off already you disaster of a manager! Find your level and rebuild your crumbling reputation or else retire. Please stop talking about us every chance you get. Cheers.
Writing something we have absolutely no idea if true and then writing the word fact does not make it so though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
helloWriting something we have absolutely no idea if true and then writing the word fact does not make it so though.
That's true but I think any other manager that we should have been considering (ie proper experience, managing big egos etc) would have done better than moyes. The players hated him and didn't respect him and he flopped. Any other manager who could command the respect of the existing players would have made top 4 again. He set us back years. I'm not really sure the board had a proper hiring process either. LVG was also a total disaster. A good manager with the money we have and the existing squad at his disposal should be at least competitive. Most could agree on that no?

SteveJ

Scout
"If Sir Alex Ferguson had taken over from Sir Alex Ferguson, he would have found it tough."

Er, no he wouldn't have...because he's Sir Alex Ferguson, you twit.

diarm

Looking at what Jose has done with Fellaini, Moyes saying he didn't want him as if that is some sort of justification for his woes makes him look an even worse manager.

Cloud7

Looking at what Jose has done with Fellaini, Moyes saying he didn't want him as if that is some sort of justification for his woes makes him look an even worse manager.
Yup. Felliani was Moyes player for years and the only time he looked decent under him was as a battering ram in his everton team. Jose has shown that there actually is a competent midfielder inside there.

Writing something we have absolutely no idea if true and then writing the word fact does not make it so though.
It's speculation, but I also would wager that a freshly retired Giggs, who would at least have had the good sense to keep the backroom staff, would have had a better season directly replacing SAF than the scottish orc did.

So he basically admits his transfer planning was based on seeing whether or not Fabregas started the first game of the season for Barca. :lol:

No wonder we missed Fellaini's cheaper deal deadline, what a clown.

stevoc

"If Sir Alex Ferguson had taken over from Sir Alex Ferguson, he would have found it tough."
Huh?

Before i thought Moyes bullshit was just down to pride, bruised ego and him not being man enough to admit his failures. But statements like this make me wonder if he didn't actually have a nervous breakdown of some sort. The man is an absolute cretin.

''I never wanted Marouane Fellaini to be my first signing Manchester United signing, that is the last thing me and my staff wanted.''
Shit like this is why Moyes was a failure, what fecking difference does it make what order players are signed in. Is this what he spent 6 weeks on holiday planning, see if Fabregas starts the season and hopefully sign him if he doesn't play and then we can sign Fellaini after.

Jesus christ did he have anything resembling a plan at any stage of his tenure as manager of Manchester United. I used to think he was a good if not great manager who was just promoted beyond his ability. But i think it's clear now he is just a bluffer who was in the right place at the right time at Everton.

Fitchett

I still think that the very worst thing he did was chuck out our backroom staff and bring in a bunch of his mates who hadn't won a fecking egg and spoon race between them for three decades.

They weren't winners, had no clue how to deal with a huge club and squad as we have, and were about a decade out of date in terms of training philosophy.

Moyes has shown he was never actually up to the job, but I think if we had Moyes with the established backroom team behind him that season, we would have been top four still.
The biggest of many mistakes made by Moyes and the club.

Moyes whinges because he was justifiably sacked by the club after ten months of complete and utter failure.
The back room staff were sacked by Moyes after success over many years (including the most recent title win at the time of his appointment).

Why doesn't he spend more time discussing the reasons why he was sacked by Sociedad?

Moyes moans that the club didn't give him time, but he jumped ship from a club (Sunderland) who were prepared to give him time, even after he had got them relegated, despite several of his predecessors having kept them up in previous seasons.

The man is a complete and utter fraud and it is a disgrace that anyone ever thought that he was suitable to be Manchester United manager.
I'm sure that a university somewhere must have used his appointment as a case study for a catastrophic example of the failure of succession planning.

The Bloody-Nine

So he basically admits his transfer planning was based on seeing whether or not Fabregas started the first game of the season for Barca. :lol:

No wonder we missed Fellaini's cheaper deal deadline, what a clown.
I'm sure some clown argued with me recently that it wasn't Moyes' fault at all. :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

What's weird is that the absolute worst Fellaini looked in a Utd shirt was under Moyes. He was fecking atrocious in that season.

You'd think he'd at least know how best to use a player he'd already had for 4 or 5 years before but Moyes couldn't even do that.

kr0nix

Huh?

Before i thought Moyes bullshit was just down to pride, bruised ego and him not being man enough to admit his failures. But statements like this make me wonder if he didn't actually have a nervous breakdown of some sort. The man is an absolute cretin.

Shit like this is why Moyes was a failure, what fecking difference does it make what order players are signed in. Is this what he spent 6 weeks on holiday planning, see if Fabregas starts the season and hopefully sign him if he doesn't play and then we can sign Fellaini after.

Jesus christ did he have anything resembling a plan at any stage of his tenure as manager of Manchester United. I used to think he was a good if not great manager who was just promoted beyond his ability. But i think it's clear now he is just a bluffer who was in the right place at the right time at Everton.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Over the period of his tenure at Everton, Moyes and the board grew more and more content with the regularity of a top 6-7 place in the League and the odd cup run. Shielded from criticism due to Everton's modest transfer budget compared to the teams above them, Moyes was never really forced to step out of his comfort zone. It's not too dissimilar to the concerns voiced by Arsenal fans regarding the ambition of Wenger and the board to push on after achieving the platform of a regular Champions League place. Moyes is a clueless fecker and completely out of touch with modern football management, no top league side will touch him now and rightly so.

Djemba-Djemba

I wish there was a way to erase him from our history.
He's going to be moaning about needing more time and almost signing Bale and Fabregas for the rest of his life isn't he?

Every few months we'll hear the same bollocks from him.

kr0nix

Sorry lads, after Fabregas the only other central midfielder that was available for transfer that window was Fellaini.