g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

MSC - City vs. United

Dazzmondo

Having seen it again, I still think it's a free kick. Great ball from Pereira regardless.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Wow, what a goal Wilson! No service? No problem, he will do it alone :D

FromTheBench

This game been similar to when we faced them last time IIRC.

We got better when their full high press got tired. They do a lot of passing sideways in defence.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
That's the difference between Wilson and Janko. Wilson combines his frightening turn of speed with great dribbling and technical ability, whereas almost every time I see Janko he looks like a pure brute.

In Rainbows

It may feel like nitpicking due to the results Joyce has gotten from the reserves these past few years, but the attack has been so poor under him. We have had a shockingly low amount of goals in the reserve league despite the talent at the club.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Great solo goal by Wilson. His composure and finish are quality.

In Rainbows

That's the difference between Wilson and Janko. Wilson combines his frightening turn of speed with great dribbling and technical ability, whereas almost every time I see Janko he looks like a pure brute.
Tbf, Janko is a rb. It's not his fault the u21s have Varela and Vermijl in his position.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Great goal. Nonetheless, it kinda looks like we're still in pre-season mode and they're not.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wow, what a goal from Wilson, and what a great time to get it. Hopefully that'll give us confidence going into the second half.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
It may feel like nitpicking due to the results Joyce has gotten from the reserves these past few years, but the attack has been so poor under him. We have had a shockingly low amount of goals in the reserve league despite the talent at the club.
In our first game against City last season we played open and were roundly beaten, I think we conceded 3 in the first half.

Second game was much closer as we were more conservative, so at least against City I think it's the right tactic.

He also tries to give more emphasis to winning than just playing well than the players experience in the U18s.

Dazzmondo

I don't think Janko has as much potential as Wilson by any means, but I still see something in him which tells me he could become very good. He is a bit raw as of now, but that can often improve very quickly. His pace and strength are incredible for an 18 year old. Wilson will definitely be a star though.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
At the game here. United totally not at the races yet. Midfield getting completely overrun and when we do actually get possession, we have no composure and accuracy in our passing.

In saying that, City have done nothing with their possession. Three, four shots at goal? Impressed with Vermijl and Varela's tenacity in their tackling but they need to set Janko and Lawrence free quicker. Pereira is quality but hasn't got free in the hole yet; expect a better second half from him.

Wilson? Totally anonymous up to now (and looking quite frustrated - gesticulated to the bench a few times) but that goal summed him up. Absolutely dripping with quality.

In Rainbows

A bit unfair. His team is always changing due to loans. He needs to shake things up though.
Yeah, but when you see United being 15th in goals scored in the league last season, 7th out of 8 teams in the elite group 2013, and 5th out of 8 in the first stage of the 2013 season I can't help but nitpick.

I feel like Wilson is feeding on scraps every match, which tells you all you need to know about him. The boy is class.

khoazany

If you watch us last season our team is very solid in defence and most of the goals are from individual brilliance rather than "tactical goal".Not a surprise to see us not getting on the scoresheet that much.

FromTheBench

Varela and Rothwell off.

Harrop and Evans on.

Varela looked uncomfortable at LB.