MUFC07's monthly South American recommendation.

MUFC07

Hello fellow caftards.

Every month I will come to you with a new outstanding player in South and/or central America. I believe this will be helpful for the ones that can't follow the leagues in this side of the world, so you can see which players are doing good, who have a good possibility of moving to Europe, who is on his way to glory, etc.

If you would like to request information about any player you might have heard of you can PM me and I will gladly add him to a monthly recommendation if I know him, or follow him and eventually add him if I don't know enough or don't know him at all.

This very first time, I bring you:

Nicolás Otamendi

Club: Vélez Sársfield
Position: Center Back
Nationality: Argentinian
Caps: 3

Nicolás Otamendi was key in the Vélez's team that won the argentine Clausura last month. He was one of the most significant revelations of the last championship and certainly looks like good material in Argentina's "new" defence.

Several teams, including Real Madrid, expressed their interest in signing him, but no serious offer was reported by Vélez to transfer the player to Europe.

A move to Madrid wouldn't benefit him, because as we know, Madrid are not the best raising players (with some exceptions) and he would do good by staying in Argentina or moving to a lesser team before giving the big step to a big club if he demonstrates he is up to it.

Strenghs: He is very quick and even though he is not the tallest or strongest, he certainly knows how to tackle and play the ball in the air. Has a good ability to read the game and also knows what to do with the ball on his feet and also knows his limitations.

Weaknesses: Much like our young Johnny Evans, he is still learning his trade, and sometimes gets a bit lost in the play or doesn't take the best decision.

He would be a good signing for:

Villarreal - Villarreal is a club that likes giving chances to young players and he wouldn't mind the rotation system there. He would be a good partner for Fuentes.

Arsenal - We know Wegner likes to sign this kind of players, and even though he needs a more established CB for next season and it's too risky to let Vermaelen and Otamendi take the CB positions in their first season, he could well be a good signing for them in the near future.

Deportivo La Coruña - They could also use a defender like him and even though Lotina is a bit of a prick, he knows how to guide the young players.

Sporting CP - We all know how well they work with young players, and the portuguese league would be an ideal place to continue his carrer if he decided to move to Europe at this stage. Anderson Polga would be also an excellent partner for him.

karan316

Interesting thread this.

How's Nicolas Lodeiro, heard a lot about him and he's been linked with a few big European clubs. And Liverpool.

MUFC07

Interesting thread this.

How's Nicolas Lodeiro, heard a lot about him and he's been linked with a few big European clubs. And Liverpool.
Really? He was also wanted here in Mexico, Tigres was linked to him.

What I can tell you about this guy is well first of all he is an attacking midfielder, creative, with good touch and vision. He is about 1.72m tall and he is skillful and hard to catch because he is able to change his speed very quickly to get past defenders too, like Valencia but in the middle and not that quick.
Problem is sometimes he abuses and is slow to take decisions and keeps running with the ball, and he misses important chances of passing the ball and creating a good chance for his team-mates.

I think he might move to Europe soon but I think he should go to a let's say mid table team with a good manager, since he is 20 years old. I don't see our friend Rafa taking the best of him if he moves to Liverpool. He would do good in la liga or maybe serie A too.

Ringo 07

For anyone interested!!!!! Diego Souza has been running amok with Vasco who lead the Brasileirao so far with about 8 games to go. Check out his golaço last night in the copa sul americana. The first one on the clip!!

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Well this thread was a fail