My First Kit

204Red

Going back a ways... but this is the first kit I got as a young lad. Probably had the same stains in it as well

decorativeed

Going back a ways... but this is the first kit I got as a young lad. Probably had the same stains in it as well

That's a cool one. ITV showed the documentary about Admiral kits last week. It's well worth a watch if you're able to get itvplayer. Think it's available for another couple of weeks.

Robertd0803

First kit of my own was the 95/96 away kit. The one we wore vs Boro when we won the league at the Riverside.

TheReligion

Abusive
The first kit I wanted was the red lace classic.. and the green and gold. Couldn't afford them though so I didn't get my first kit until the stadium shirt. Remember going to JJB sports and getting it. Top, shorts and socks. Went home and had a kick about straight away. Jumpers for goalposts. Carefree. Oh the memories.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
may first one aswell. Loved this kit

closely followed by black Sharp Viewcam
Yep that and if I remember rightly the green and gold kit around that time too although I had to wait for my brother to pass that one down.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I know I had one of the Sharp kits as a kid, I think it was the 96 one though I don't remember the badge being in the centre but it's the one that looks more familiar

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Cant remember if it was definitely the first but it was mu favourite as a nipper.
Short sleeved version was my first. Loved it. Me getting a football kit was like Charlie Bucket getting a bar of chocolate.

forevrared

First kits I ever bought were the 01/02 Centenary reversible one and the 02/03 home shirt with Solskjaer 20 on the back, which must have been right around the release of the 02/03 one. I was about 15 or 16 and had just gotten my first summer job and my first debit card, so I was able to order them off United's web store for shipment to America (where they were pretty much impossible to find otherwise). Still have & wear them both.

Canagel

This was the first one which I still have. A gift from my uncle.
The first United one I bought was from 2006/07 season infact

Acole9

Outstanding
Mine was the 96-98 home shirt. I thought I looked the bees knees in it. I had the collar up like Cantona.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers

From the 1994/1995 title winning season, though unfortunately I was only 4 years old and wasn't able to enjoy or appreciate that in real-time.

arthurka

Well my first was Bournemouth's 81-82 kit... My grandmother went to England and was to buy me a Utd kit.. You know Adidas red kit.. But I got another red Adidas kit. Finally got the red 81-82 Utd kit months later.

Art Vandelay

I played in goal a lot as a kid too, so had both of these wondrous kits :lol:

I had the top one and the kind of dark navy/purple one too. They may have been hand me downs from my cousin, but they were ridiculously comfortable. The padding made them great jumpers when it was a bit nippy.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

From the 1994/1995 title winning season, though unfortunately I was only 4 years old and wasn't able to enjoy or appreciate that in real-time.
there were a few recently converted Blackburn Rovers fans in Ireland wearing this jersey at the time. What a team you guys had. The same lads were probably wearing Newcastle jerseys in 96 and are digging them out as we speak:D

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Did you have Le Saux or Batty on the back?
Haha no, but I had Shearer on the back and got the golden Premier League champions badge on the side, so that is a still a treasured item.

Even when I used to watch the Sky Premier League years programme for that season, I used to get nervous and think that we were going to blow the title.