Mykhailo Mudryk / signs 8.5yr deal at Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

I haven’t seen this lad play but I’ve seen a stat saying he’s scored a total of 9 goals in the Ukrainian league….how can someone be valued at 100m after 9 fecking goals and 29 appearances

Disaster written all over this

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Definitely, if you do well, it’s easier to sell players.

Will be very interesting to see how Chelsea handles their financial requirements without any CL money next season.

Like you say, selling players can bring back money, but are you “selling” many of these guys or will it be more about “off-loading” them?
Effectively. The FFP will be difficult to comply with so much amortization and high salary.

Is there any economic report from Chelsea last year?

BerryBerryShrew

He's a very expensive punt to be honest. The sort of guy that should cost €30m at most and €100m is way excessive. Similar to Antony really- he has it all to prove at the top level. He has electric pace but we still don't know how he performs against packed defences.

Kvaratskhelia will probably go for something similar in the summer and he is a much safer bet.

Idxomer

I haven’t seen this lad play but I’ve seen a stat saying he’s scored a total of 9 goals in the Ukrainian league….how can someone be valued at 100m after 9 fecking goals
10 goals and 8 assists in 24 games this season, that's a very good output for a winger and 5 of those were in the CL.

BerryBerryShrew

I also have no idea why Chelsea are panic buying in January given that their season is a write off. If Arsenal had thrown €100m at Mudryk, I'd understand it because they are pushing for the PL. But Chelsea will do well to finish in the top 10 this season regardless of who they bring in so it seems a bit wasteful.

SinNombre

See above I think they’ll have a good young front line for several seasons and will make the above sales.
Nobody is buying 30 year old Lukaku for 40m in the summer after failing at Inter on loan and being paid 350k/week.

Have you lot learned nothing from seeing United in the Woody era?

Realistically Chelsea will have to pay half his wages for someone to take him on loan if he finishes the second half of the season same as the first.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I also have no idea why Chelsea are panic buying in January given that their season is a write off. If Arsenal had thrown €100m at Mudryk, I'd understand it because they are pushing for the PL. But Chelsea will do well to finish in the top 10 this season regardless of who they bring in so it seems a bit wasteful.
Their owner is playing real life football manager

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
8 year deals? What? Why not say we're giving out 10 year deals if you're going to be dishonest about the facts to make your point seem more valid.

The whole reason for the long contracts is to meet the FFP requirements.

Cheating the system would be dodgy sponsorship deals or undocumented payments to players.
Oh I’m very sorry. Not 8 years - it’s 7.5 year deals. How silly of me to be so dishonest.
Not silly, just dishonest.

Apology accepted though.
This aged well

fallengt

Boehly :" They can't transfer ban me if I sign all players in one window :cool:"

m1tch

Clearly Danny Drinkwater hasn't put Chelsea off giving out long contracts. Wonder what it is that makes them want to do that?

whitbyviking

So obviously the contract is for FFP/Amortisation purposes. If he leaves after 2/3 years for a loss does the original fee (less sale value) get split over the length of time he actually spends at the club? Very dodgy if not.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Keeping lots of "big name" players who are being paid a lot and all expect to be starting is a recipe for disaster. This will not end well.... (unless you support someone other than Chelsea).
I don’t think they will I think they’ll sell a lot in the summer.
Nobody is buying 30 year old Lukaku for 40m in the summer after failing at Inter on loan and being paid 350k/week.

Have you lot learned nothing from seeing United in the Woody era?

Realistically Chelsea will have to pay half his wages for someone to take him on loan if he finishes the second half of the season same as the first.
I think they can get a fee for Lukaku.
Wondering if this is a Boehly signing or a Potter signing.
It’s an expensive one.

Dan_F

I’ve seen some strange views online about how he’s made a massive mistake because he won’t get any pay increases for 8 years.

The chance of him becoming worth any significant amount more than £200k a week or being able to earn that at another club, are so slim. If he’s not good enough then that’s such a massive outlay for the club. Imagine if some of the dross we signed post Fergie were on 8 year deals and refusing to move on because of their wage.

Chelsea fans can try and pretend this is fine and their owner is a genius who discovered something no other club thought of doing. It’s more likely he’s fecking the club over, similar to Woodward and his contract renewals to protect asset value, but worse.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
So obviously the contract is for FFP/Amortisation purposes. If he leaves after 2/3 years for a loss does the original fee (less sale value) get split over the length of time he actually spends at the club? Very dodgy if not.

That is not how it works...
Assuming a player is purchased for 85m on 8.5year contract then for FFP terms its 10m/yr + salary.

So if he is sold after 2.5yrs his book value is 60m. If he gets sold for more then the profit is recorded for that same year and same goes for the loss

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
I’ve seen some strange views online about how he’s made a massive mistake because he won’t get any pay increases for 8 years.

The chance of him becoming worth any significant amount more than £200k a week or being able to earn that at another club, are so slim. If he’s not good enough then that’s such a massive outlay for the club. Imagine if some of the dross we signed post Fergie were on 8 year deals and refusing to move on because of their wage.

Chelsea fans can try and pretend this is fine and their owner is a genius who discovered something no other club thought of doing. It’s more likely he’s fecking the club over, similar to Woodward and his contract renewals to protect asset value, but worse.
Is it confirmed anywhere he will be on 200k/week?

PoTMS

He'll find it difficult to juggle this and being in the Backstreet Boys.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Boehly might be good at what he does, but it doesn't mean he knows football.

Can you really say he's watched Mudryk before? Probably just youtube videos and scout reports.

For me it just seems like Chelsea have a truck load of money and a desire to spend it while they can. It ***** Arsenal too, so win win.
But he isn’t the guy doing the transfers anymore. There’s recruitment team in place now plus a technical director.

Infestissumam

well, this is the club that still has guys like Abdul-Rahman Baba under contract, so I don't think it's that surprising. Imagine the number of loans you can send him on during 8.5 years!

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal didn't want to pay up and sat and negotiated like cretins even though they knew what Shaktar demanded. So the fact that he's not at Arsenal where he wanted to be is all on them. For us it is better because I think he'd become a much better player at Arsenal. He will be a flop in Chelsea.
I don't blame him at all. However I never believe Arsenal is where he wanted to be. He is a great signing for you guys, just a bit expensive.

bubbles_

Just such a bad decision. Find out he’s shite after 6 months and stuck with him until 2031. Is Boehly attempting to do something clever or is he just a fecking moron?

joso157

I’d love to know who is doing their contract negotiations. It reminds me of playing football manager when you cheat your way up to a massive transfer budget and then just accept the players first wage/contract demands, and sign every half decent player that gets offered to you. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone given an 8 and a half year contract before.

Fofana has got 7 years with the option of another year, even though he’s spent half his career on the physios table, then they seem surprised when he gets injured.

prateik

Is it straight 8.5 years or 7.5 + 1? there is no mention of there being an option anywhere.. a straight 8.5 years..feck me..

Status
Not open for further replies.