myp2p.eu

Giggzinho

Punjabi dude
my mate couldnt access it last night either so it might just be down at the moment

WeasteDevil

An interesting point though however is that they never allow streams of F1 (or at least never used to - they had a warning against it), so what the FIA or Ecclestone has done to persuade them not to do so is interesting.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
An interesting point though however is that they never allow streams of F1 (or at least never used to - they had a warning against it), so what the FIA or Ecclestone has done to persuade them not to do so is interesting.
I may be wrong but i think it is something to do with allowing football to be seen for free abroad. It is difficult to prevent myp2p showing something on the basis of copyright infringement and possible loss of revenue when it is being broadcast abroad with no charge.

Sky don't like it but there does not seem much they can do about it as they want the interest in the EPL from abroad and maybe do not feel they can charge a fee and still maintain similar levels of interest.

Not sure about F1 though Weaste, maybe because it is not covered by a single major broadcaster as football is. There may be charges to watch F1 in other countries therefore an agreement to not allow free coverage may invalidate myp2p's rights to broadcast, but that is only speculation on my part.

WeasteDevil

Not sure about F1 though Weaste, maybe because it is not covered by a single major broadcaster as football is. There may be charges to watch F1 in other countries therefore an agreement to not allow free coverage may invalidate myp2p's rights to broadcast, but that is only speculation on my part.
I don't know, they have streams on there for MotoGP, but never F1 streams. F1 at least here is free to air, but I watch it with the iPlayer. Next season however I'll only get half of the races that way, so will need reliable F1 streams or watch it in Spanish on the TV. Trouble is, my dad likes the commentary and he can't understand Spanish.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
They also don't allow Swedish hockey and footy matches after a lawsuit. I guess that bit above by apotheosis is why PL hasn't shut them down.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Upon a bit more research Weaste was right, F1 and GP2 streams are strictly banned on myp2p.eu and have been forthe last 2 years. Any infringement from members constitutes a short ban.

Although they do not specify why on myp2p.eu, from what i can gather it is a copyright issue. It appears that the F1 copyright is exclusively owned by Ecclestone and co, who decide who broadcasts what and where and for how long.

In contrast to football where no one person or small party owns an exclusive copyright for the EPL brand. It is presumably more of an agreement between the clubs and their collective interests are represented by the Premier League. Sky only retain the right to broadcast and charge fees in certain areas of the world, while in numerous other areas the EPL allow other countries to watch 3 o'clock kick off times live for free. We all know the EPL have never allowed coverage of the traditional 3 o'clock kick offs to be covered live over here, for fear of damaging attendances and gate revenue. Obviously nowadays TV has forced kick off times to vary considerably but that was the initial thinking i believe.

So Sky miss out on possible revenue only from those in the chargeable areas who decide to watch on my p2p.eu or other streams. The EPL however maintain a considerable interest from areas that have free access, while still taking a premium from Sky for their broadcasting rights.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Yes but whilst the Premier League lose potential revenue from sky customers it forces fans to get season tickets to see every match, which in turn enlarges the crowds making the product more attractive, I'm sure the clubs aren't complaining that much.

In my opinion the "Protected 3:00 kick-off" would help other countries like Spain and Portugal (but obviously for them it wouldn't be 3:00)

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Yes but whilst the Premier League lose potential revenue from sky customers it forces fans to get season tickets to see every match, which in turn enlarges the crowds making the product more attractive, I'm sure the clubs aren't complaining that much.

In my opinion the "Protected 3:00 kick-off" would help other countries like Spain and Portugal (but obviously for them it wouldn't be 3:00)
How does the PL lose any revenue from sky customers? I thought it would be only Sky who lose out on potential new customers who find they can stream the games for free rather than subscribing to Sky.

The deal between Sky and the EPL is done in advance and for a set amount to be shared out according to final position placings, so regardless of how many customers Sky gain or lose over the course of the deal, would it really affect the EPL clubs revenue at all?

stubie

Tried it the weekend, just took me to Virgin Media page

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
How does the PL lose any revenue from sky customers? I thought it would be only Sky who lose out on potential new customers who find they can stream the games for free rather than subscribing to Sky.

The deal between Sky and the EPL is done in advance and for a set amount to be shared out according to final position placings, so regardless of how many customers Sky gain or lose over the course of the deal, would it really affect the EPL clubs revenue at all?
That's kind of what I'm saying, even though theoretically the Premier League could sell the games for more if they had more to sell, they theoretically get more fans and a more attractive product. Furthermore sky might not be able to sell the games for any more anyway.

England1966

Cuckoo
the peers don't know yet the "new address" that's way today was poorly...but what happened I have no clue!

VII

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
It's now wiziwig, which doesn't work half of the time.
Half the time? Count yourself lucky i have not been able to get on at all! It took me 2 hours on monday to register, then it would not load the site, it has been down for 2 days and when i finally decided to vent some steam on the forum, it didn't recognise my password and wouldn't let me log on!

A feckin nightmare! The site itself is still down "due to legal issues with other parties", which does not fill me with optimism of a quick resolution.

Might sound a bit conspiratorial but it appears like someone is trying to shut them down, by possibly outbidding them on domain name renewal, and now someone is having another go at the legality issues again, whilst they are still trying to establish an alternative site.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Might sound a bit conspiratorial but it appears like someone is trying to shut them down, by possibly outbidding them on domain name renewal, and now someone is having another go at the legality issues again, whilst they are still trying to establish an alternative site.
If the owner chooses to renew his domain subscription before it's expired nobody can outbid him. It's only open for bidding if the subscription period is expired and the domain holder didn't renew it.