Naby Keita

Aboutreika18

I think this guy is one of the best central midfield talents around.

He's been the heartbeat of Leipzig's rise to the top of the Bundesliga.

He excels in all phases of play and is a proper all rounder as his stats in the last game against Freiburg show:

87.5% pass accuracy
82 touches
49 passes
7 interceptions
5 take-ons
2 tackles
1 key pass
1 goal

What do our fellow Bundesliga regulars make of him?

NYAS

Watched him for the first time last night. Absolutely immense.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I've heard very good things. Don't see where he'd fit in here, though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Is he capable of controlling a game from deeper?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's like a Kante with goals.

No way is he a Carrick replacement

CM

He looks like a very interesting prospect, probably one of a few players worth keeping an eye on from Leipzig.

Devil may care

As a couple of other posters have said he's not a replacement for Carrick but he would be competition for Herrera, very talented young player with good technique and great athleticism.

slored1

Fantastic player, I also rate Klostermann really high in that RBL squad. It is weird really, how that Salzburg squad from about two years ago didn't really perform on European stage. They had Mane, Sabitzer, Keita, Kampl, Hinteregger...

Yagami

Good post resistant
Fantastic player, I also rate Klostermann really high in that RBL squad. It is weird really, how that Salzburg squad from about two years ago didn't really perform on European stage. They had Mane, Sabitzer, Keita, Kampl, Hinteregger...
I was a big fan of that Salzburg squad. The problem wasn't really the players, it was the tactics. They didn't adjust to European football and decided to play their way against everyone, and their way was very risky. They'd press, and press, and press, attack, and attack, and attack, without any thought of defence. In the Austrian league it worked but in Europe it was just too risky and it didn't pay off. It made for some very entertaining games, mind..

GuyfromAustria

Not seen much of Leipzig yet, but he was absolutely immense at Salzburg, he was also voted Player of the Year last season.

m1y2

Possible long term replacement for Herrera? Couldnt take the Carrick role. Might be controversial, but I dont think Herrera is productive enough to be a regular at a club like Utd.
if anyone that's pereira

Ole90+3

3rd game of his I've seen the whole 90 minutes. Definitely a player we should be looking at for our midfield recruitment in the summer. Looks like he has so much in his locker. Great first touch and ball control, good burst of speed, good under pressure. He's small but uses his body very well to shield the ball and likes to get stuck in. Totally controls the midfield for Leipzig. They got beat today but he was still a stand out performer. Sign of a good player.

Last edited:

Blind

Yeah totally agree, I've only really watched Leipzig highlights this season but he's impressed every time. Would definitely rather go for him than Bakayoko.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Can be as good as prime Essien or prime Vidal. Strong, athletic, physical but, also a great dribble who brings a lot attacking wise.

Womp

idiot
Aye been raving about him all season, my ideal CM signing for the upcoming window, seems to be able to do everything. Reminds me of a more attack-minded Kante.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
After watching videos of him, gotta say he has outstanding balance. That's Don Froggie's ultimate benchmark: balance. Means he's gonna be quite something in the future.

MadMike

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39249508
Test results seem OK apparently, I imagine it was just sheer exhaustion?
Athletes don't just randomly collapse especially not such a long time after they stopped running (he collapsed while leaving the dresser so a good 15-20 mins after the match)

He will most likely go for a full gamut of heart and brain scans as well as blood tests seen as oxygenation of the brain is usually the most common reason for passing out.

That's always very scary for any footballer in that position. If they find any serious conditions it could spell the end of his career. I certainly hope that's not the case for the young lad

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
As for signing him, all the links seem to indicate Liverpool are interested.
They are linked with everyone in the Bundesliga because of Klopp. And I have a feeling Keita is staying at least another season with Red Bull. It is his first season at the club and they have their debut season in the CL coming up.

MadMike

He made his come back on April the 1st and scored 2 goals on his return. In 4 league games in April he has scored 4 goals (no pens). He literally doubled his season's goal tally in the space of 2 weeks. Up to 8 goals now.

He looks a real gem. I'm start to wish that we make a move for him.

arthurka

He made his come back on April the 1st and scored 2 goals on his return. In 4 league games in April he has scored 4 goals (no pens). He literally doubled his season's goal tally in the space of 2 weeks. Up to 8 goals now.

He looks a real gem. I'm start to wish that we make a move for him.
Very very good player, we should be all over him..

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is such a joy to watch, we absolutely have to go for him in the summer.
World class midfielder in the making.