Naby Keita

Dan_F

VAR man :lol:

Between that and the Fabinho one against City, that’s a massive slice of luck.

Bwuk

Disgrace. We’d of won that if he’d been sent off.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
From that clip he's looking to put his right foot down somewhere as his left is about to go under him. He guesses at some space opening between Lingard's legs but Lingard keeps them closed. It's too late to stop the step down but he manages to prevent a full stamp.

That's all imho. Keita is not a dirty player really. Not even in that Chelsea challenge. Clumsy. Thiago on the other hand. He can be dirty.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He does look a bit less useless these days granted. Still. Not Klopps finest hour bringing him in
I'd actually prefer him starting over Henderson. I think age is starting to hit the latter. Without the energy and running Henderson's not a very useful midfielder for us. Keita's done well at times this season but I'd like to see him get a run starting with Fabinho & Thiago. At this stage of the season we can't really afford to mess around much.

Silverman

From that clip he's looking to put his right foot down somewhere as his left is about to go under him. He guesses at some space opening between Lingard's legs but Lingard keeps them closed. It's too late to stop the step down but he manages to prevent a full stamp.

That's all imho. Keita is not a dirty player really. Not even in that Chelsea challenge. Clumsy. Thiago on the other hand. He can be dirty.
Liverpool fans :lol:

Tyrion

VAR man :lol:

Between that and the Fabinho one against City, that’s a massive slice of luck.
Agree about City but them winning 4-0 with a man sent off against us would be too embarrassing. I'd say we were lucky there.

izec

It is a red card. It is not like they would have ruined the game at that point either, but whatever, referees can do whatever the feck they want anyway.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Luckily it doesn't matter. Clumsy, intentional, whatever. Endangering opponents is a red card and both 'challenges' endangered his opponents.

Boavista

Could have been a red, but seeing these in slow motion often makes it look worse, or more intentional, than it was. The first contact looks like an attempted back heel, and only in the collision after does he step on Lingard's calf.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Could have been a red, but seeing these in slow motion often makes it look worse, or more intentional, than it was. The first contact looks like an attempted back heel, and only in the collision after does he step on Lingard's calf.
I think it’s serious foul play. That’s a red.

If his attempt to back heel a ball in mid air means he stamps on someone’s leg, he should stop trying back heels.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I remember making the same rationalisation when Costa stamped on Can all those years ago. Just took the most positive possible explanation and sang that song like a canary to anyone who would listen. It was still a dirty stamp though, but who cares. I'm defending my guy until the bitter end :lol:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's not, his leg isn't stuck anywhere, there's no joint involved, he pretty much steps on a muscle. Painful but not very dangerous.
I think it was dangerous. He steps on a muscle, true, but he could've twisted the knee that way. it doesn't look intentional to me though, just careless. It's still a red in my opinion.

Chripper

I don't have any problem with it.

Do people not remember Paul "Doesn't know how to tackle... *wink*... Scholes or Roy "I go to hurt players" Keane?

Shake it off and move on.

At least the Liverpool players tackle, even if it's badly timed and/or malicious.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Has had a few moments this season where he would have nothing to say if he had been sent off, and that challenge yesterday is definitely one of them. Weird thing is that he's not really a dirty player, so I really do think that it's just clumsiness in his game. Not that it matters if you evaluate the incidents for a red card, of course.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Has had a few moments this season where he would have nothing to say if he had been sent off, and that challenge yesterday is definitely one of them. Weird thing is that he's not really a dirty player, so I really do think that it's just clumsiness in his game. Not that it matters if you evaluate the incidents for a red card, of course.
He was like that at Leipzig as well. I didn’t check his bookings record but I was always afraid he was gonna injure one of my team‘s players.

Zoo

Coming up to 5 years at the club and he has been absolutely rubbish. So much hype.