Name a PL club that has a worse starting midfield duo than McFred

Red00012

Well bissouma went to spurs so I’m gonna go with bright….Feck

AndySmith1990

I'd swap McTominay and Fred with literally any other midfield in the league. At best we'd have a better midfield, at worst it'd be no worse off. It's no risk with potential reward. I don't even gamble and I know that's a good thing

Litch

They clearly not good enough but feck me, that Utd shirt weighs heavy. Watch this space, see what Frenkie looks like in one….just have a look at others who have arrived here that turned to shite….

GL21

How the feck is some lunatics still defending fred??? How the feck do people get these warm hearts about fred?! He runs a lot, hes always happy (so would I be stealing millions a year), ...he'd be good with a proper DM bullshit. So? who gives a feck about Brazil, there have been plenty of regulars at international who are or were shit at their clubs. Wish people would give up searching wayyy deep down the bottom of the barrell for that useless dicks positives. It's over ffs wake up and smell the coffee. He doesn't even look like a top footballer he's as watery as they come even if he acts hard and we are a complete laughing stock with him. Troy Deeney and several others have opened up about him before. Bad bad purchase the guy is an absolute lost cause

Jacob

How the feck is some lunatics still defending fred??? How the feck do people get these warm hearts about fred?! He runs a lot, hes always happy (so would I be stealing millions a year), ...he'd be good with a proper DM bullshit. So? who gives a feck about Brazil, there have been plenty of regulars at international who are or were shit at their clubs. Wish people would give up searching wayyy deep down the bottom of the barrell for that useless dicks positives. It's over ffs wake up and smell the coffee. He doesn't even look like a top footballer he's as watery as they come even if he acts hard and we are a complete laughing stock with him. Troy Deeney and several others have opened up about him before. Bad bad purchase the guy is an absolute lost cause
What did Troy say?

eire-red

Easily worse than any team in the top half at the very least. The fact that these two are still starting after 3 years of complete mediocrity and a lack of most basic skills needed to play in midfield really says it all.

The Irish Connection

Looking at Fulham's starting duo of Palhinha / Reed yesterday, I'd take those two anyway over McFred, which is about as damning an indictment as it gets I think.

So much work still needed transfer wise.
Yep. Palinha, another sensible midfield signing we ignored.

ShinjiNinja26

It’s absolutely fecking criminal to have these pair starting for us on the opening day of the season. Every man and their dog knew the midfield was in urgent need of upgrading and was the no.1 priority going into the transfer window. Yet here we are in August the season has kicked off and we’ve still got these 2 stinking the place out in the middle of the park. Beyond a joke.

Speako

I went through all 92 clubs and arrived at Lincoln City.

Litch

Because we have seen MoTM performances in big games in Europe and PL. He‘d openly admit he’s not the best technical player but played in the right position further up field, we have seen very good performances under Carrick and RR. Fred arguably was our best player under RR. My biggest problem is why managers keeping playing him at fecking 6…..

Roboc7

Mctominay is dross that would struggle to start regularly at more than 4-5 Premier League teams. He’ll start 30 league games for us though which is now just laughable.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I would say Fulham but they signed a guy called Pereira whos better than those two.

arthurka

No other club with a tried and tested duo that is worse, that is at least for sure.

Litch

Like said, they are not alone. Who does Harry start for?

Litch

He is going to the World Cup as a key player in a side that will prob be at the business end of the tournament. But hey, he is shite.
I know, people say it’s only the World Cup but how many players have been bought off world cups and how many times have people said to buy a player before they have a good work cup?

the_cliff

After watching Fulham against Liverpool, think it may just be Bournemouth/Forest.

Oranges038

He is going to the World Cup as a key player in a side that will prob be at the business end of the tournament. But hey, he is shite.
Kleberson had a good world cup and went home with a winners medal, we all know how that turned out. Fred hasn't done anything of note in a Brazilian shirt yet.

But assuming that he plays for Brazil and he's going to the world cup. He has some really good qualities, what are they? When has he shown them regularly for the club that pays and plays him every week?

davidmichael

If McT is good enough for Scotland's squad he is good enough for us
Reality is that McTominay doesn’t even get in their squad as a midfielder, plays as a centre back for Scotland so he’s not even good enough for Scotland.

Robindinho

Bournemouth and Forest?

Is it any wonder why we struggle to control games... The bigger question; why do they continually keep getting picked? (Especially Mctominay).

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What did Troy say?
He and others have talked openly about how Fred receiving the ball is a pressing trigger for any opposing side because he can't pass the ball more than 10 yards consistently at all. It was clearly the pressing trigger for Brighton today - and it's not helped by McTominay continually hiding behind opposition players to avoid being a passing option.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He’d be the type of player that would fit in at Everton.
Haha, no. We already have someone like him in Gomes. Useless unless played in a 3 man midfield and even then they're average.