Name four players you think we'll buy in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon further thought, I am changing my prediction:
1. Keita--- hope his medical issues are nothing.
2. Mbappe--- don't think we'll get Griezmann. Mobile, skilful attacker.
3. Tierney--- brilliant young left back.
4. Pulisic--- smart and versatile. Oozes class.
I think Jose will recognize we can't just keep treading water. We need to build a great team.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
You like Blind as a first choice left back but not Valencia as a first choice right back? :eek:
I'am not sure what kind of comparison you are trying to make.

But I'll explain my choice for Blind and Semedo

I think the worse by far we have in the squad is Darmian so I hope/pray he will be gone next season. This leaves us with Valencia as only RB option so buying a RB is necessary, now I really like Valencia but if we are going to buy a RB we might aswell buy an upgrade and Semedo is an amazing talent on that position so as 1 of my 4 players to buy I opted for Semedo to play RB.

I don't like Blind more than Valencia but they play on different position and for LB we have more options in the team than on RB. That is why I didn't chose a LB as 1 of my 4 signings. For the leftback position Blind is the best we have as I prefer him above Rojo and CBJ and think Shaw will want to leave next season (else I'd pick Shaw).

Mike09

I'am not sure what kind of comparison you are trying to make.

But I'll explain my choice for Blind and Semedo

I think the worse by far we have in the squad is Darmian so I hope/pray he will be gone next season. This leaves us with Valencia as only RB option so buying a RB is necessary, now I really like Valencia but if we are going to buy a RB we might aswell buy an upgrade and Semedo is an amazing talent on that position so as 1 of my 4 players to buy I opted for Semedo to play RB.

I don't like Blind more than Valencia but they play on different position and for LB we have more options in the team than on RB. That is why I didn't chose a LB as 1 of my 4 signings. For the leftback position Blind is the best we have as I prefer him above Rojo and CBJ and think Shaw will want to leave next season (else I'd pick Shaw).
Basically my confusion is that you prefer to upgrade the right back position for next season when this season we probably have the best right back in the league. While our left back this season have been messed. I think Young has done very well for Valencia's backup this season and relying on Blind as first choice left back might be a worse idea than benching Valencia.

Did it work well when we decided to buy Evra's replacement early?

United Pro

Basically my confusion is that you prefer to upgrade the right back position for next season when this season we probably have the best right back in the league. While our left back this season have been messed. I think Young has done very well for Valencia's backup this season and relying on Blind as first choice left back might be a worse idea than benching Valencia.

I'd personally say Shaw should be playing first team LB and not Blind. But on Valencia, he turns 32 this summer, so it wouldn't be the worst move to bring in our long term RB for next season and ease him in.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Bet there's not many have named this one.

16:40
Wilshere 'perfect' for United
Former footballer Micky Gray reckons Jack Wilshere would be the ‘perfect fit’ for United.

“Jack Wilshere is good enough to play in any of those top six sides,” Gray told talkSPORT.

“He’s played at the highest level internationally, he’s played Champions League football and he doesn’t ever really let anyone down when he plays.

“If you want to buy English this summer, where else do you go? I think he’s the perfect fit for one of the Manchester sides.

“You’re buying a 25-year-old player, who had experience but still has his best years ahead of him. He’s still got another seven or eight years.

“I think he’d be at a decent price. If you have to go and pay £25m or £30m for Jack Wilshere, that’s still a bargain!”

RedMaestro

Changed my mind because it's so hard to decide :), so my pick will be:

CB: Virgil van Dijk - Southampton
LB: Sead Kolasinac - Schalke 04
DM: Danilo Pereira - FC Porto
FW: Paulo Dybala - Juventus

If de Gea and Ibra leaves:

GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma - AC Milan
ST: Romelu Lukaku - Everton

So a potential lineup:

de Gea
Valencia--Bailly--van Dijk--Kolasinac
Herrera--Danilo
Pogba
Dybala--Ibrahimovic--Mkhitaryan​

Last edited:

Mike09

I'd personally say Shaw should be playing first team LB and not Blind. But on Valencia, he turns 32 this summer, so it wouldn't be the worst move to bring in our long term RB for next season and ease him in.
It might be risky but I reckon he can play until 34 or 35. He's one the fittest player in PL right now.

United Pro

It might be risky but I reckon he can play until 34 or 35. He's one the fittest player in PL right now.
Right, I agree. But, if we were to sell Darmian, we would still need another RB to cover (unless Fosu-Mensah is seen as that) and I'd rather get a top level RB to compete with Valencia then get an average one to play the odd game.

The red panther

princess transfer emo

This is going to turn into a pointless and thread derailing discussion so lets leave it at that.

tomaldinho1

Madness.

buckooo1978

Watching Monaco here and I'd have M'Bappe, Mendy, Silva, Sidibe and a few others

a pleasure to watch

wolvored

Bet there's not many have named this one.

16:40
Wilshere 'perfect' for United
Former footballer Micky Gray reckons Jack Wilshere would be the ‘perfect fit’ for United.

“Jack Wilshere is good enough to play in any of those top six sides,” Gray told talkSPORT.

“He’s played at the highest level internationally, he’s played Champions League football and he doesn’t ever really let anyone down when he plays.

“If you want to buy English this summer, where else do you go? I think he’s the perfect fit for one of the Manchester sides.

“You’re buying a 25-year-old player, who had experience but still has his best years ahead of him. He’s still got another seven or eight years.

“I think he’d be at a decent price. If you have to go and pay £25m or £30m for Jack Wilshere, that’s still a bargain!”
Bournemouth dont want him so that should speak volumes. Another Jones as well.

wolvored

Na 2. 3 at absolute max. We'll never get a cohesion when we throw over half the team every year
Think 2-3 wont be enough to turn us into top 4 though never mind trying to be champions, which will be the expectation by the owners. Chelsea City etc will all spend as well. I wouldnt be at all surpried to see more than 4 coming in.

diarm

What I wouldn't give just for Mendy and Mbappe. Silva as well would be taking the piss.

pacifictheme

Surely jose will buy experience rather than young players?

At no one but a lot seem to want us to buy wonder kids.

Nick.

Fabinho, Bernardo Silva, Michael Keane

Don't think we'll sign four.

Morpheus 7

I think people are getting a bit giddy in here, we are not taking more than one big player from Monaco. Nobody sells 2 or 3 of there best players to the same team in this same window.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
In :
Thiago Silva
Fabinho / N'zonzi / Bakayoko /
Alexis Sanchez
Griezmann

Out:
Zlatan to LA
Jones or Rojo
Young
Bastian
Fellaini
Rooney

Possible :
Martial
De Gea
Mata

-----------------------------------De Gea--------------------------------------
Valencia------------------Bailly----------T.Silva-------------------Shaw/Rojo
-----------------------------------Herrera--------------------------------------
Mkhitaryan---------------Fabinho-------Pogba----------------------Sanchez
----------------------------------Griezmann------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Rashford---------------------------------------
Martial------------------------------Mata---------------------------------Lingard
---------------------------Carrick----------Pereira-------------------------------
Shaw/Blind---------Blind/Rojo------------Smalling-----------------------Mensah
-----------------------------------Romero-----------------------------------------

Sir Roi de Muppeterre

We can definitely use new FW, LB and CB. Some players I wouldn't mind for these positions are:

FW:
Griezmann, Mbappe, Lukaku, Belotti
LB: Mendy, Alex Telles, Alex Sandro
CB: Bonnuci, Van Dijk, Manolas, Lindelof

Now, depending on if we want to play 4-2-3-1 with Mkhitaryan down the middle or 4-3-3 with Mkhitaryan on right wing and a CDM behind Pogba and Herrera, we can either need to sign a right winger or a defensive midfielder.

RW: O.Dembele, Bernardo Silva, Felipe Anderson
CDM: Fabinho, N'Zonzi, Paredes, Strootman (Yes, some of them are more B2B than others)

I have only seem very little of most of those players but what the hell, its almost muppet season anyway.

SidRed

Players we are likely to sign (not which I want most):

Lukaku
Griezmann
Fabinho

tomaldinho1

Who do you think the best then?
Off the top of my head - Walker, Bellerin, Coleman

I like Tony V but I don't think he is an amazing defender. Not great on the ball, quite predictable going forwards and obviously played as a winger for a lot of his career before moving back.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not sure what games you have been watching this season but Valencia has been a cut above everyone including opposition. Nailed on POTY for us and quite a bit better than Walker, Belerin, Coleman this season.

Mike09

Off the top of my head - Walker, Bellerin, Coleman

I like Tony V but I don't think he is an amazing defender. Not great on the ball, quite predictable going forwards and obviously played as a winger for a lot of his career before moving back.
Well it seems you have yet watched all the PL right backs this season.

• Defensively Valencia has been brilliant this season as a right back (Evidence: Among these four right backs, he has the most interceptions, second highest block, and highest defense score on squawka)
  • On the ball his first touch is good (1st Evidence: His first touch and ball control is good, he was able to control while sprinting of every long ball from Pogba, Scholes and Carrick without having difficulty.
  • Again on the ball his passings are also great for a fullback: (Evidence: Among these four he has the highest (86%) passing accuracy and also passing completion
  • In term of going forward, you can say he's predictable but he still beats his men: (Evidence: Among these four right backs, he has the highest successful takes on and second highest chance created) (And he has 3 assists this season, while Coleman and Bellerin has 2 each and only Walkers has more (5))
  • It's madness that you put Bellerin's name on the list when he's been very poor this season.
  • Coleman scored a lot of goals but do right back's job is scoring goals? I don't think so.
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...eated/successful_take_ons/pass_completion#avg

Changing your mind now?

Status
Not open for further replies.