g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Name four players you think we'll buy in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRCE

Players we are likely to sign (not which I want most):

Lukaku
Griezmann
Fabinho[/QUOTE

Honestly, if we signed those three I'd be well pleased. It's very unlikely (I can't see us signing Lukaku and Griezmann), but they'd improve our team immensely.

A potential Griezmann signing speaks for itself. He's among the best players in the world. He can generate chances, as well as put the ball in the net. He'd walk straight into any team in the world, with the possible exception of Barcelona. We struggle to score goals, and he'd help with that tremendously.

Lukaku, even with his limitations, is a very good, Premier League proven striker. He'd be a serious upgrade on Rooney, without doubt. If Zlatan leaves, Lukaku would be a pretty reasonable replacement. I'm not saying he would be my first choice either, but we could do much, much worse.

Fabinho would be a solid purchase as well. He's young, athletic and somewhat physically imposing. He gets around the pitch well, is very sound defensively, and is decent with the ball. He'd compliment Pogba well, I think. Also, he could fill in at right back if need be.

Mike09

Lukaku has been improved so much this season (statistically in his goals). So far he is the 2nd highest conversion rate of his chances (26%) which is higher than Suarez and Costa this season. Kane (27%).

Last season Lukaku had about 15%, in 2014/2015 he had 9%, in 2014/2013 he had 14%. He's more clinical this season, I never rate him as a top striker before since he wasted too many chances but I might change my mind about him this season. He will be a great additional this summer.

Lukaku has been improved so much this season (statistically in his goals). So far he is the 2nd highest conversion rate of his chances (26%) which is higher than Suarez and Costa this season. Kane (27%).

Last season Lukaku had about 15%, in 2014/2015 he had 9%, in 2014/2013 he had 14%. He's more clinical this season, I never rate him as a top striker before since he wasted too many chances but I might change my mind about him this season. He will be a great additional this summer.
He's about the best big target man we could get. The question is, will we go that way, or will we opt for a more mobile strike force.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You would think CL qualification will dictate who we can or will sign. Lukaku has said he want CL, Griezmann would want it. You then worry that the big name players are then only coming for the money and the football is just a sideline. If we don't get CL then it might be players who are ambitious and want to achieve CL and win trophies, not that they have done it already.

Nadzri

Griezmann AND Alexis AND Lukaku? All of them?

No, that won't happen.
Just a wishful thinking actually, Griezmann because we wanted him, Alexis is due to his contract situation, we might take a chance on him and Lukaku already announce that he is moving from Everton. Mou do like a big target man up front and Raiola might give us the advantage to sign him. So finger cross and hope that dream can come true...

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Just a wishful thinking actually, Griezmann because we wanted him, Alexis is due to his contract situation, we might take a chance on him and Lukaku already announce that he is moving from Everton. Mou do like a big target man up front and Raiola might give us the advantage to sign him. So finger cross and hope that dream can come true...
Ah, a wish list. This is not the thread for that. :p

beingshe7don

Lukaku & Griezmann.... not happening in the same window especially when Mourinho and Woodward spoke about not spending way too much. 150M on 2 players would be way too much. I think Zlatan will remain which means we won't buy another striker. Griezmann will be bought to play the second striker role or on the RW.

Griezmann
Bakayoko/ Fabinho
Mbappe
Semedo

settembrini

Lukaku & Griezmann.... not happening in the same window especially when Mourinho and Woodward spoke about not spending way too much. 150M on 2 players would be way too much. I think Zlatan will remain which means we won't buy another striker. Griezmann will be bought to play the second striker role or on the RW.

Griezmann
Bakayoko/ Fabinho
Mbappe
Semedo
?

Silas

Fabinho
Nainggolan/Tielemans
Semedo
Griezmann/Sanchez

Ideally we bring in a top class CB too. Was it Varane that said he wanted to play for Mourinho again, or am I just making that up?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
If we can ship out Jones and Smalling i wouldn't mind someone of the calibre of Manolas, Varane.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
We Definitely need a centre back that isn't completely brain dead like smalling and jones. With those two it's almost guaranteed they'll cost us each match at somepoint.

beingshe7don

What I meant to say is that we wouldn't target strikers like Lukaku, Lewandowski, Aubameyang if Zlatan stays. Mbappe is an exciting talent and he's been doing the business for Monaco in Falcao's absence. He scored 2 more goals today which brings his tally to 12 goals in 22 games in the league. Not bad for his first season and Monaco still have 8 more games to go.

RedMaestro

LB: Gayá - Valencia
CB: Maguire - Hull
DM: Gueye - Everton
AM/F: Isco - Real Madrid / Dybala - Juventus (Don't Griezmann will leave this season because of Atl. Madrid not being able to buy players this summer).

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Fabregas, Lindelof, Bakayoko, Defoe.

Defoe will raise some eyebrows but like Eto'o coming back to Chelsea and then Falcao to Chelsea under Mourinho, Jose will want an inexpensive reliable striker to start sporadically or come off the bench every now and then. Ibra will stay as the main striker.

Fabregas will be the new Carrick. Deep playmaker and can play with any two of Pogba, Bakayoko, and Herrera in a midfield three.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Yep lets get rid of all the english players im sure those no quota to fill or anything
I forgot to mention Young and the way things are going Shaw will be gone too.

BTW English players are overated!

Irrational.

Mertens
Griezmann
Fabinho
Ryan Bertrand

I also think we'll sign another superstar out of the blue when we're least expecting it: one of Lukaku/ Sanchez/ Mbappe would be great :devil:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Griezman, Mbappe, Fabinho/Bakayoko and Semedo (Apologies for spelling) I think this would be the absolute ideal window perhaps a new CB as well or instead of the above but I'm not sure what Mourinho will do with his current crop of players. Think the players I've mentioned would be enough to win the league when combined with our current players.

red_john

Willian
Fabinho
Lukaku
Zouma

Griezmann - I obviously would want somebody of his quality here but not sure if its realistic.

tomaldinho1

Well it seems you have yet watched all the PL right backs this season.

• Defensively Valencia has been brilliant this season as a right back (Evidence: Among these four right backs, he has the most interceptions, second highest block, and highest defense score on squawka)
  • On the ball his first touch is good (1st Evidence: His first touch and ball control is good, he was able to control while sprinting of every long ball from Pogba, Scholes and Carrick without having difficulty.
  • Again on the ball his passings are also great for a fullback: (Evidence: Among these four he has the highest (86%) passing accuracy and also passing completion
  • In term of going forward, you can say he's predictable but he still beats his men: (Evidence: Among these four right backs, he has the highest successful takes on and second highest chance created) (And he has 3 assists this season, while Coleman and Bellerin has 2 each and only Walkers has more (5))
  • It's madness that you put Bellerin's name on the list when he's been very poor this season.
  • Coleman scored a lot of goals but do right back's job is scoring goals? I don't think so.
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...eated/successful_take_ons/pass_completion#avg

Changing your mind now?
I would still pick the players I mentioned above him for RB - if you're just going off squawka then you'd have Defoe ahead of Aguero, Lanzini ahead of KDB and Reid ahead of Luis.

I take your points into consideration, although 2nd doesn't really prove anything and 3rd IMO just shows Valencia usually just passes back to the RCB (linking to his predictability). My problem was that you said he was arguably the best RB in the PL. I simply don't think he is and would also choose Azpilicueta ahead of him as an RB - who I forgot from my original list.

So there you have it: Walker, Azpilicueta, Coleman and Bellerin are better IMO. Valencia comes in the next bracket of RBs for me, still a very good player but not the best in the PL.

Mike09

I would still pick the players I mentioned above him for RB - if you're just going off squawka then you'd have Defoe ahead of Aguero, Lanzini ahead of KDB and Reid ahead of Luis.

I take your points into consideration, although 2nd doesn't really prove anything and 3rd IMO just shows Valencia usually just passes back to the RCB (linking to his predictability). My problem was that you said he was arguably the best RB in the PL. I simply don't think he is and would also choose Azpilicueta ahead of him as an RB - who I forgot from my original list.

So there you have it: Walker, Azpilicueta, Coleman and Bellerin are better IMO. Valencia comes in the next bracket of RBs for me, still a very good player but not the best in the PL.
What??
According to Squawka, Aguero is still better than Defoe this season. Why would I choose Defoe over Aguero?

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...hances_created/key_passes/aerial_duels_won#90

According to Squawka KDB is still better than Lanzini

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...reated/avg_pass_length/successful_take_ons#90

I think the problem isn't about what i said but you failed to read my post properly.
I said: this season we probably have the best right back in the league.

I don't know how Azpillicueta can be in the category of right back this season when he played as a right centre back this season and he probably played more as a left back and right centre back in his PL career.

And you didn't even put him in the list when I asked you who are better than Valencia this season.

What shocking me the most is that you even put Bellerin on the list when he has poor season.

I against your statement about Valencia with evidence of stats, Bellerin's performance and Valencia's first touch and ball control.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
There's no comparison between Bellerin and Valencia this season. Bellerin has been very sub-par, while Tony V has been a relentless flank monster. He's owned the right side all season.

beingshe7don

Even if we make it to Champions League, Griezmann is not a certainty. He likes playing under Simeone. It depends on whether Simeone remain at the end of the season. It's kind of an irony that Simeone screwed Beckham (Griezmann's idol) at the World Cup and Griezmann loves playing under him.

Lukaku is going to be a hot property this summer and I can see Chelsea trying to get him to replace Costa. He may actually go back to Chelsea. I don't really know if he would want to play for Jose again after the Chelsea debacle.

Mbappe won't leave this summer. He'll stay there for another season to gain more experience and play for Monaco as their main man. Monaco will probably want to hold on their most promising and prized asset.

Lacazette is a good option but I don't know if he'll be able to replicate the same form as he has done in Ligue 1

Lewandowski won't come here since he already plays in a better team and is guaranteed trophies every season.

Aubameyang has his sights on Madrid; much like Ronaldo, his dad (deceased) always like Real Madrid and he would want to fulfill his dad's wish by playing there.

Kane won't play for any other English team.

Sanchez could be worth a punt considering he's lost him belief in Arsenal and questions their ambitions.

Aguero just released a statement recently stating that he doesn't plan on leaving City.

Benzema could be a good option considering Madrid are trying to replace him.

Higuain just joined Juventus last summer and won't leave or won't be sold.

Cavani has just taken over from Zlatan and I don't see PSG selling him.

Falcao failed to perform at United and won't be considered.

Suarez loves playing for Barcelona and will probably retire there.

There aren't any top class experienced strikers to target. Let me know if you guys can think of anyone who i have missed.

Reactions: Raoul

Silas

Even if we make it to Champions League, Griezmann is not a certainty. He likes playing under Simeone. It depends on whether Simeone remain at the end of the season. It's kind of an irony that Simeone screwed Beckham (Griezmann's idol) at the World Cup and Griezmann loves playing under him.

Lukaku is going to be a hot property this summer and I can see Chelsea trying to get him to replace Costa. He may actually go back to Chelsea. I don't really know if he would want to play for Jose again after the Chelsea debacle.

Mbappe won't leave this summer. He'll stay there for another season to gain more experience and play for Monaco as their main man. Monaco will probably want to hold on their most promising and prized asset.

Lacazette is a good option but I don't know if he'll be able to replicate the same form as he has done in Ligue 1

Lewandowski won't come here since he already plays in a better team and is guaranteed trophies every season.

Aubameyang has his sights on Madrid; much like Ronaldo, his dad (deceased) always like Real Madrid and he would want to fulfill his dad's wish by playing there.

Kane won't play for any other English team.

Sanchez could be worth a punt considering he's lost him belief in Arsenal and questions their ambitions.

Aguero just released a statement recently stating that he doesn't plan on leaving City.

Benzema could be a good option considering Madrid are trying to replace him.

Higuain just joined Juventus last summer and won't leave or won't be sold.

Cavani has just taken over from Zlatan and I don't see PSG selling him.

Falcao failed to perform at United and won't be considered.

Suarez loves playing for Barcelona and will probably retire there.

There aren't any top class experienced strikers to target. Let me know if you guys can think of anyone who i have missed.
Icardi?

Status
Not open for further replies.