Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timdbro

Ed's finally doing some good work it seems! Nani just wants to feel loved!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's official, we're now so shit that Nani has become a viable alternative. Just when you think we've hit the bottom as well.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Feeling more positive about his situation than I have in a while, brilliant news, him and Januzaj flanking Rooney up top in front of Blind ADM + 1 (koke, pog, ver)

IwatUwat

Hows he actually done from someone that has been watching the portugese league? He's not got ridiculously good stats.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Blimey. It's easy to forgot how many simply brilliant goals he's scored for us.

Cina

Hows he actually done from someone that has been watching the portugese league? He's not got ridiculously good stats.
@Sly says he's been the best player in the league (I think?), or was until his injury.

djembatheking

I hate these youtube videos of a players best bits , there's one of falcao that makes him look amazing which he was at the time . Nani is the same for me , scored some great goals , had a few spells where he looked good but in the end was dogshit for ages . Not the way forward for me , he has had his chances so time to sell and move on .

matt23

I hate these youtube videos of a players best bits , there's one of falcao that makes him look amazing which he was at the time . Nani is the same for me , scored some great goals , had a few spells where he looked good but in the end was dogshit for ages . Not the way forward for me , he has had his chances so time to sell and move on .
But we'd probably just buy someone of equal standard. Worth another year I think.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
A flair player being inconsistent? :eek:

djembatheking

But we'd probably just buy someone of equal standard. Worth another year I think.
I know what you mean mate , would still rather see a fresh face given a go . I am not a Nani fan , he was incredibly frustrating to watch . Shame too cos I like him as a man , seems a popular character .

RikRuud

Real class act by Ed there. I would imagine that when Blind was given the #17 that Nani may have been a little hurt by that as he was only on loan. We should give him his number back and give Blind #6.

HabeasC

Real class act by Ed there. I would imagine that when Blind was given the #17 that Nani may have been a little hurt by that as he was only on loan. We should give him his number back and give Blind #6.
That would also mean no more Evans :D

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Bale , Ronaldo , feck knows . What I would like won't happen it is up to Lvg but think Young , Mata ,Januzaj , Di Maria in the wide positions are better so would rather see him leave anyway and strengthen other positions .
That's my problem, you can't compare Nani with Ronaldo or Bale, and I don't need to explain why.

Young isn't an inside attacker, he's a failed winger converted to a wing back, clearly not better further up the pitch than Nani. ADM and Mata play midfield and attacking mid respectively, on the wing, neither are mor consistent than Nani and neither has reached Nanis heights while playing on the wing. Januzaj is comparable in my opinion, but funny thing about inside attackers is you tend to need at least 2. I'd sell Falcao and RVP and get 2 of El Shawrawaay, Reus and Depay .. That means Rooney, Wilson & 1 for the striker (Hernandez/ new striker like Barbosa) then Reus, Januzaj, Nani and Depay on the wings.. That's our front 3 sorted in my opinion. Leaving ADM/Herrera/Mata for the midfield playmaker but I'd sell one of Mata/Herrera, the second position is covered with Carrick or Blind providing the anchor, then we need a box to box such as Herrera (I would sell Mata) and then the big box to box signing, pog,ver,koke,gundo etc

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Well in the champions league he's been one of the best attacking players this season. Not sure about the league
He's been very good, had a dip in performance after injured returned to form again recently, scoring about 1 in 2/3 always spectacular shots, still can be accused of not always be in the game enough but overall when he has the few chances, he may well put it in the net.. So playing very well, but he's no Ronaldo, he would he third in goals per games at Utd with his record in Portugal which obviously means less than the prem but you can only beat what's in front of you, and he is.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
@Sly says he's been the best player in the league (I think?), or was until his injury.
In my opinion he has been. Excellent in the Champions League, MoM in the cup after we eliminated Porto away and has been decent in the league games against Porto and Benfica. Mind you there´s alot of good competition in Brahimi, Jackson Martinez, Óliver Torres, Sálvio and Gáitan. We may not be the best league in europa but we got a decent ammount of flair and technical player. Perhaps the best after the top leagues. For example in the last Europa league tie, in technical and passing terms we did better than the germans. But then with a couple of errors from our center back duo of 21 and 19 years of age we got Dost'ed :(

Germans be assure it won´t be a walk on the park. If we score soon they will suffer.

Sheikhy

my question would be, if we are playing his wages while he is on loan, why can't we recall him back from loan? Bloody hell, it would help us a lot. We wouldn't have anything to pay Sporting after all. Anyone care to shed some light if i have missed something.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
my question would be, if we are playing his wages while he is on loan, why can't we recall him back from loan? Bloody hell, it would help us a lot. We wouldn't have anything to pay Sporting after all. Anyone care to shed some light if i have missed something.
Loan deals are still contractual agreements.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
wouldn't be against him coming back at all. Out of all the exits his was the one I was most disappointed at.

Would just seem odd we'd do without him for a year if we hadn't already decided to get rid though. A year is a huge time in a player's life.

And I don't accept we could only get Rojo by losing Nani!

buckooo1978

that flick and run for his scooped goal away at Arsenal was still one of the best pieces of skill I think I've ever seen from a United player - top 10 anyway

DarkXaero

that flick and run for his scooped goal away at Arsenal was still one of the best pieces of skill I think I've ever seen from a United player - top 10 anyway
For me, it's one of the best individual skills I've ever seen, not just from a United player. Its still hard for me to see his exact footwork for that skill. And after the flick, he beats the third defender with a perfectly timed hesitation move.

Water Melon

We could do witn an on-form Nani next season.Would add that creativity and flair to our right wing. Hope hes back at OT come summer and does well.

buckooo1978

For me, it's one of the best individual skills I've ever seen, not just from a United player. Its still hard for me to see his exact footwork for that skill. And after the flick, he beats the third defender with a perfectly timed hesitation move.
It was a thing of absolute beauty

Only Giggs vrs Arsenal clearly stands above it for me because of the goal itself but also what it meant - 10 men, penalty save, extra time, under serious pressure against a great Arsenal team and for Giggs to score that and keep the treble dream alive was like something from a comic book

moments that we will never forget

Boycott

With like minded players in Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj, Herrera who pass and move and are instinctively forward thinking he'd be outstanding. Our own Alexis Sanchez in the way he can go out on the touchline, dribble infield, great shooting, skills and single-mindedness to deliver the decisive moments - which can and will go wrong at times but you have to accept that.

Mind you Van Gaal's robotic philosophy won't suit him here.

SirAF

Ageist
The Ronaldo Chop.

Status
Not open for further replies.