Nathan Delfouneso

cj_sparky

This lad just reminds me of Vassell. Other than being blessed with great pace, I don't see much else in him.

I'd sooner give players coming through the academy chances. Like Will Keane and Josh King. Plus we have Macheda and Welbeck.

Would be a waste of our time, money and effort in all honesty.

SecondFig

I've not seen anything exceptional in him to be honest, certainly nothing that marks him out as any more promising than the Luke MooreAnichebes etc. of this world. I definitely wouldn't rank him alongside Rodwell, Gibbs and Wilshere at this point.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
WTF really? Proven scorer in one of Europe's biggest teams and in the Champions League Vs Nathan fecking Delfouneso? :houllier:

x42bn6

He's mostly potential at the moment - he does, however, have an excellent record at youth and reserves level, as well as various levels for England. He does, however, need more regular games and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out on loan next season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Another of Scholesy's supposed talents, who will probably disappear just like Guthrie, who was once among world's brightest midfielders, did.

Ignoring the Pato comment for its sheer ridiculousness

What is it that you are basing this view on Delfouneso on in particular? What marks him out as so special

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
How is his name pronounced then?

vuc

First Team Serb
fecking ell Scholesy. To think I have actually agreed with you in an argument before.

How in the name of sane can you claim that Delfonso (feck the spelling) is better than Pato? :

Why don't you rate Pato either? His technique is brilliant, on Tuesday there was a huge punt up field which he brought down effortlessly and laid a ball to Ronaldinho. Just one example that should be enough to show you he is class.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Delfouneso - the speed of Vassel, the finishing of Heskey and the aerial awareness of Frank Sinclair.