Nba 2007-2008

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
new season coming. i actually am very apathetic now, especially since it looks like kobe could leave and even if he doesn't he has the same crap team that's going nowhere. any predictions on who will win the title, surprise teams? surprise players?

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
i respect the spurs, but they're getting annoying and are a boring team to watch. wouldn't mind the rockets winning it for a change.. give us Yao ming and we'll give you lamar and bynum, deal?

Alex

Beantown is gonna be back in force for the first time since Bird

ben_united

i respect the spurs, but they're getting annoying and are a boring team to watch. wouldn't mind the rockets winning it for a change.. give us Yao ming and we'll give you lamar and bynum, deal?
haha deal:p

He can't run anyway.

Alex

the raps will give them a run for the money for the division. bargnani to tear it up this year, count on it.
Bargnani looks to be a good player, but I dont think the Raptors will be able to compete with Celtics tbh

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
be a big surprise if anyone I know actually watches this stuff.
Most people I know don't even mention the NBA. they go from NCAA football to NFL to NCCA basketball to Ice Hockey to baseball skipping altogheter NBA and MLS.
maybe I need to get out more but seriously, where are all the NBA fans in the DC area? *

* just want to know, so I can avoid them.

Alex

I have a feeling that the best player since Jordan is gonna be traded within the next week, lots of stories cirucluation around the US right now

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Spurs or Phoenix, but most likely Spurs...
Mavs if they get Kobe. Don't think LAL will trade him to a division rival (Phoenix) and Chicago won't give up Gordon and/or Deng.

Best deals are as follows using salary cap constraints and value-in-return (salary in (); total salaries must be equal or within 10%):

1) Deng (3.32m), Gordon (4.88m), and Wallace (15.5m) for Kobe (19.5m) and Bynum (2.17m)
2) Harris (3.995m) and Nowitzki (16.36) for Bryant (19.5m)
3) Bell (4.75m) Marion (16.44) and Bryant (19.5m)

Bulls don't want to lose both Deng and Gordon but getting Bynum in the deal would be the key. Cuban loves Kobe but is he willing to give up golden boy Dirk? Harris is also very well liked by the club.

Perhaps Orlando would part with Bogans (2.44m), Arroyo (4m), and Lewis (14.88m) for Bryant but do the Lakers get good value in return?

Salary source - http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/07-08salaries.htm

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Mavs if they get Kobe. Don't think LAL will trade him to a division rival (Phoenix) and Chicago won't give up Gordon and/or Deng.

Best deals are as follows using salary cap constraints and value-in-return (salary in (); total salaries must be equal or within 10%):

1) Deng (3.32m), Gordon (4.88m), and Wallace (15.5m) for Kobe (19.5m) and Bynum (2.17m)

Bulls don't want to lose both Deng and Gordon but getting Bynum in the deal would be the key. Cuban loves Kobe but is he willing to give up golden boy Dirk? Harris is also very well liked by the club.

Perhaps Orlando would part with Bogans (2.44m), Arroyo (4m), and Lewis (14.88m) for Bryant but do the Lakers get good value in return?

Salary source - http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/07-08salaries.htm
No and No.

I like the chicago deal. Obviously there is no deal that will favor the Lakers but Deng and gordon could still improve. wallace is done as a top player though. Kwame is decent enough defensively and in the triangle the centre needs to contribute offensively.

MrMarcello

No and No.

I like the chicago deal. Obviously there is no deal that will favor the Lakers but Deng and gordon could still improve. wallace is done as a top player though. Kwame is decent enough defensively and in the triangle the centre needs to contribute offensively.
That's a shame about Dirk too. He's proven to be too soft against the big boys down low and is much like ARod - huge regular season, milk carton ad in the post-season. Kobe is the type of player that could almost single handedly carry a club deep into the post-season. But he needs a solid supporting cast to get past the first two rounds. Dallas has the cast in place even if they give up Dirk and Devin.

Alex

Thats absolutely pathetic the Lakers would never take that deal in a million years

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves

i would take deal #2 of the 3. the chicago one looks good, but we really don't need 3 bigmen. we need a good 3point shooter or a guard. i would take the dallas deal. i would take the phoenix one but i hate bell with a passion and i'd hospitalize him before he ever puts on a laker uniform

Alex

i would take deal #2 of the 3. the chicago one looks good, but we really don't need 3 bigmen. we need a good 3point shooter or a guard. i would take the dallas deal. i would take the phoenix one but i hate bell with a passion and i'd hospitalize him before he ever puts on a laker uniform
If LA does a deal with the Suns, they have to get Amare, Marion is overrated and cant dominate a game like Kobe or a big man

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
If LA does a deal with the Suns, they have to get Amare, Marion is overrated and cant dominate a game like Kobe or a big man
but i doubt they'd give up amare.. i would prefer him no doubt though. but the thing is, i'm not sure we need someone to "dominate" games.. i think if we're going to give up kobe, our new team would have to play TEAM basketball. with movement, passing, and sharing the points.. like the spurs and suns have been doing. i grew up with kobe and he's my favorite player, and i've always defended him through his on and off-court troubles, and i'll still be his biggest fan if he leaves.. but with him on the team, no one else steps up. he hogs the ball and takes wild, low-percentage shots with 3 guys on him. whoever we get, we need to adjust our playing style/tactics and strategy..

Alex

but i doubt they'd give up amare.. i would prefer him no doubt though. but the thing is, i'm not sure we need someone to "dominate" games.. i think if we're going to give up kobe, our new team would have to play TEAM basketball. with movement, passing, and sharing the points.. like the spurs and suns have been doing. i grew up with kobe and he's my favorite player, and i've always defended him through his on and off-court troubles, and i'll still be his biggest fan if he leaves.. but with him on the team, no one else steps up. he hogs the ball and takes wild, low-percentage shots with 3 guys on him. whoever we get, we need to adjust our playing style/tactics and strategy..
This is not Kobe's fault the only other decent player on the Lakers is Odom imo

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
true, but even he becomes as quiet as a churchmouse when he's on the floor w/kobe.. he's too soft, though it is his fault.. everyone on the team is young, so they just stand around doing jack just watching the one man show that is kobe. they need to attack the basket and be more aggressive.

Alex

I think Kobe goes to Chicago which I would kinda like to see because of all the Jordan comparisons I think the Bulls will be a powerhouse again and I also think that the trade will really have a good effect on the Lakers as Deng, Wallace, and Gordon are probably without argument better than anyone on the Lakers now other than Kobe. The Bulls will be incredible though despite losing all that too the Lakers. Picking up a superstar like Kobe will help in the development of talented youngsters like Tyrus Thomas, Kurt Heinrich, and Joakim Noah. Also, Nocioni

MrMarcello

Thats absolutely pathetic the Lakers would never take that deal in a million years
It was mentioned on ESPN radio Mike & Mike in the Morning. They said the same thing, I was listing plausible deals in regards to cap rules and value in return. The Lakers aren't going to throw Odom or Bynum in a trade to a division rival. That's why Phoenix is out of the loop IMO.

MrMarcello

It is his fault his ego was so huge that he pushed Shaq out of LAL, sacrificing 1-3 more titles so he could "be the man."

And he thinks pressure is tough now, imagine the pressure to emulate Jordan in Chicago.

Alex

It is his fault his ego was so huge that he pushed Shaq out of LAL, sacrificing 1-3 more titles so he could "be the man."

And he thinks pressure is tough now, imagine the pressure to emulate Jordan in Chicago.
You know everyone says this, but they always played well together and I think this really shouldnt be put all on Kobe tbh. I think a real reason that the trade happened was that right after Kobe was charged with sexual assault he said this, "I (Kobe) should have done what Shaq does...that Shaq pays his women not to say anything" and then went further by saying Shaq had already payed 1 million to women in these situation. Within a week, the Big Aristotle was on the Miami Heat and the rest is history.

Alex

I wouldnt imagine it would be so difficult, the Bulls have been shit since Jordan until the last few years anyway. The team they would have with Kobe would be good enough to get to the NBA Championship from the East (aka Junior Varsity of the NBA) easily. And I'll tell you what there is not a player since Jordan who I want with the ball to take the winning shot, ego or no ego, he has all the talent in the world and is the most clutch shooter in teh game. Kobe is winner, he is just on team of losers right now.

MrMarcello

I wouldnt imagine it would be so difficult, the Bulls have been shit since Jordan until the last few years anyway. The team they would have with Kobe would be good enough to get to the NBA Championship from the East (aka Junior Varsity of the NBA) easily. And I'll tell you what there is not a player since Jordan who I want with the ball to take the winning shot, ego or no ego, he has all the talent in the world and is the most clutch shooter in teh game. Kobe is winner, he is just on team of losers right now.
Don't get me wrong here, I think Kobe is the best player in the league (get sick of the LeBron lovers/Kobe bashers saying otherwise). I would go so far to say that when comparing ages, Kobe is better than Jordan at relative years and stages in their careers.

I would also state that Kobe's 81 point game (and his 62 point game in 3 quarters vs Dallas) are a better performance than Chamberlain's 100 point game. A perimeter player scoring is more difficult than a low post player. The league is more talented than in Chamberlain's era and the dynamics of the game have changed (although I feel the best era of the league was from mid-80s through late 90s and the NBA is in a decline).

Alex

Don't get me wrong here, I think Kobe is the best player in the league (get sick of the LeBron lovers/Kobe bashers saying otherwise). I would go so far to say that when comparing ages, Kobe is better than Jordan at relative years and stages in their careers.

I would also state that Kobe's 81 point game (and his 62 point game in 3 quarters vs Dallas) are a better performance than Chamberlain's 100 point game. A perimeter player scoring is more difficult than a low post player. The league is more talented than in Chamberlain's era and the dynamics of the game have changed (although I feel the best era of the league was from mid-80s through late 90s and the NBA is in a decline).
I agree as well, you also have to note that Kobe is a perimeter player and Chamberlain inside, thus Chamberlain had easier shots and more free throws

68-99-08

If Kobe gets traded to the Bulls who would you take in a series; Boston or Chicago?

MrMarcello

If Kobe gets traded to the Bulls who would you take in a series; Boston or Chicago?
Well if the Bulls trade the 4 players mentioned in yesterday's rumor mill, I'd take Boston. Kobe will end up in Chicago and have nothing around him like he does in LA. He already stated that if the Bulls give up those 4 players he doesn't want to be traded to Chicago.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
I agree with Marcello. As much as I dislike the celtics, I guarantee that KG will light it up big time, plus KG is my boy so I have to be rooting for the celtics this year (as much as I hate it). He wants a ring and wants it badly. If Cassell had not got injured a couple of years ago, the lakers would have lost to minny. Fully fit I think Boston can win first in the east. KG will be in contention of MVP big time.

68-99-08

His assists will be through the roof this year with Pierce and Allen on the wing. Anyone think Rajon Rondo can step it up big this year?

DiaboliQue

Damn. I'm really pissed at the way we're playing. We're still over dependent on Kobe, Bynum doesn't look like he's improved any bit from last season, we've got major problems at the PG position, our defense is mediocre and the players look like they generaly don't enjoy playing with each other.

I think this could be the time to go feck all and try to get Jermaine O'Neal even if the means giving up both Odom and Bynum. That kid Bynum is gonna be great one day, shame it doesn't seem like anytime soon.

I really hope we make the playoffs this season so that I'll have an additional reason for coming to LA in May. Couldn't make it last year and I really missed it.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
Damn. I'm really pissed at the way we're playing. We're still over dependent on Kobe, Bynum doesn't look like he's improved any bit from last season, we've got major problems at the PG position, our defense is mediocre and the players look like they generaly don't enjoy playing with each other.

I think this could be the time to go feck all and try to get Jermaine O'Neal even if the means giving up both Odom and Bynum. That kid Bynum is gonna be great one day, shame it doesn't seem like anytime soon.

I really hope we make the playoffs this season so that I'll have an additional reason for coming to LA in May. Couldn't make it last year and I really missed it.
Shouldn't worry too much. Kobe will be in Chicago in a few weeks.....

Alex

The longer it takes the Lakers to trade Kobe, the less they are gonna get for him . They should have come out and said they were trading him all along at the beginning of the summer.