Nba 2010-2011

Alex

So LeBron goes to the Heat along with Bosh to join Wade. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. My money is still on the Lakers though, they kept calling Wade and James the two best players in the world, err what about Kobe.

LeBron is a huge cnut for leaving Cleveland.

Alex

Yeah it was pretty classless of him not to talk to the owner of Cavs, who built the team around him and paid him, it was the owner's fault that LeBron couldnt do in the playoffs what he did in the regular season.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers
React

SATA

A drama queen of a letter to appease the Cleveland fans :houllier:

Honestly i can see why Lebron's going to Miami to have a bigger chance of trying to win at least a ring. He carried Cleveland for years but it hasn't happened, perhaps both parties need a change.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle

Honestly i can see why Lebron's going to Miami to have a bigger chance of trying to win at least a ring. He carried Cleveland for years but it hasn't happened, perhaps both parties need a change.
Oh I have no doubt Gilbert saw an opportunity to get the fans back in his favor and seized it. As big of a joke as it is, it's working. And I don't doubt though that he probably is just as angry as the fans are.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

He's still damaged what his legacy will be. Miami doesn't care about sports. Lebron will never get the same respect that Jordan has in Chicago or Kobe in LA. He's decided to take the path to winning that doesn't put much pressure on him. There's a difference in winning a championship on your own as the superstar and as a group of superstars.

When it really mattered, Dwayne Wade stepped up for Team USA in 2008. Not Lebron. He has insurance that he can coast rather than playing his butt off non-stop. Kobe has Pau Gasol and a solid supporting cast, but there's no one who can make up for his not playing well. For that, he's a better competitor and champion than Lebron.

Jordan, Kobe, Magic, and Larry Byrd are the greats of the NBA because they won and they won with one team. Lebron played up his roots in Ohio non-stop throughout his career and emphasized it being a part of him. Now, he walks out on them. It doesn't help Cavs fans that Lebron rolled over during the play-offs this year and didn't try.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sticking with the Lakers to win, and complete another three-peat. Lakers probably need another scorer off the bench, but other than that they're a solid team. The starters are at the peaks in their career and although he can be awful sometimes, Odom is a very good 6th man to come into the game from the bench.

Heat may have 3 of the better players in the league, 2 MVP contenders, but their bench will be really weak next season without the salary room to accomodate the 'average' league players as a support cast for the 'big 3'.

Wade might be excited to play with James atm, but if they go through a stretch of games without winning, which usually happens to all teams during the season, cracks will start to appear in the 'unity' of the Heat. Miami is Wade's team, but the circus will follow LeBron and consider him as the number 1. Question is, is Wade willing to accept being number 2 in the franchise he calls 'home'?

Alex

Beasely traded

The Heat acquire Mike Miller a versatile player they need

Alex

He's still damaged what his legacy will be. Miami doesn't care about sports. Lebron will never get the same respect that Jordan has in Chicago or Kobe in LA. He's decided to take the path to winning that doesn't put much pressure on him. There's a difference in winning a championship on your own as the superstar and as a group of superstars.

When it really mattered, Dwayne Wade stepped up for Team USA in 2008. Not Lebron. He has insurance that he can coast rather than playing his butt off non-stop. Kobe has Pau Gasol and a solid supporting cast, but there's no one who can make up for his not playing well. For that, he's a better competitor and champion than Lebron.
b
I would have had more respect fro LeBron than I have ever had if he he had stayed

Klogon

But if he stayed, people would be saying he stayed for money and is thus an unambitious money grubbing whore.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
But if he stayed, people would be saying he stayed for money and is thus an unambitious money grubbing whore.
Also that he was a total attention whore and never had any intention of leaving but just wanted to have a whole spectacle centered on himself while he had the chance.

Of course even that makes him less of a villain than he looks now. Now he's dragged his loyal fans in his home state through a nationwide spectacle and concluded it by bitchslapping them on national television all for a chance to share the load with two other superstars en route to a title.

VivaRonaldo7

It's going to be interesting next season that's for sure.

Wonder if Shaq will go back to the Heat?

Neutral

BTV
LeBron is a huge cnut for leaving Cleveland.
No he is not a cnut for leaving...honestly speaking his huge salary meant, the rest of that team was God awful...as a player who wants to win, he made the right call...

He turned down a bigger salary to have a better chance of winning.

BUT

The manner in which he did this, is disgusting, indefensible, and callous. He should have shown a lot more respect and thought to the effects this would have on Cleveland, he didn't even have the courtesy to let them know personally, he had a 'homie' ring them up.

It makes sense though...LeBron was never an Alpha Dog, he will now not have to carry a franchise on his back, a task he obviously is not up to.

VivaRonaldo7

The way he went about it was frankly ridiculous. It was made into a huge soap opera.

Reminds me of Ray Allen's decision on 'He Got Game'

Anyone seen it?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Cleveland's owner has pulled a major sour grapes bitch card about LeBron being a quitter.

I seriously can't see anyone stopping the Heat next year. They were already quite good this past year without LeBron and Bosh.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Don't watch basketball, but my friend is insanely happy about this. What would this be the equivalent of in terms of football transfers?

mjs020294

hmmmm.....be a multimillionaire in Miami or Cleveland.....tough choice.

Alex

No he is not a cnut for leaving...honestly speaking his huge salary meant, the rest of that team was God awful...as a player who wants to win, he made the right call...

He turned down a bigger salary to have a better chance of winning.

BUT

The manner in which he did this, is disgusting, indefensible, and callous. He should have shown a lot more respect and thought to the effects this would have on Cleveland, he didn't even have the courtesy to let them know personally, he had a 'homie' ring them up.

It makes sense though...LeBron was never an Alpha Dog, he will now not have to carry a franchise on his back, a task he obviously is not up to.
is Ronaldo a cnut for leaving, pretty much everyone thinks so despite United getting a king's ransom for him.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Lerbon going to Miami will raise questions about his legacy.

How do you make a legit claim to be the best player in the league when everyone knows that it's Wade's team?

Lebron, in my opinion, lacks the killer instincts that players like Jordan and Bryant has in abundance. Wade has it, and it's this reason why when things are looking bad, itll be Wade that the the Heats turn to and not Lebron.

elmo

is Ronaldo a cnut for leaving, pretty much everyone thinks so despite United getting a king's ransom for him.
Wrong analogy, Lebron left Cleveland as a free-agent, if he did a sign-and-trade, Cleveland would have the upper hand in deciding which players they want in return for trading Lebron away.

Ronaldo left for a world record fee, not on a free transfer.

jatin

there's too much blood in my alcohol system!!
Lerbon going to Miami will raise questions about his legacy.

How do you make a legit claim to be the best player in the league when everyone knows that it's Wade's team?

Lebron, in my opinion, lacks the killer instincts that players like Jordan and Bryant has in abundance. Wade has it, and it's this reason why when things are looking bad, itll be Wade that the the Heats turn to and not Lebron.
Why would LeBron care as long as he gets his rings? The media already wank all over him, so whether he deserves it or not he will get credit as well

elmo

Cleveland's owner has showed no class at all and one can only question their incompetence.

If they had gotten rid of Mike Brown a few seasons earlier, it is very possible they would have built a team which was able to get the ring. Mike "Pass the ball to Lebron and let him do what he wants" Brown is very limited when it comes to offensive plays and getting players in to help Lebron won't help when their coach was never ever going to be good enough to help them win.

elmo

Why would LeBron care as long as he gets his rings? The media already wank all over him, so whether he deserves it or not he will get credit as well
That would depend, like I said, Lebron lacks the killer instincts, players like Jordan not only want the rings, they want to make it clear to everyone that they are the best player in the league at the same time. They refuse to play second fiddle to anyone else and it's a shame because Lebron is one of the most talented basketball player but he just lacks that little bit extra which would have made him the best.

elmo

Apart from D.wade who is there in the Heat that Cleveland would take anyways?
You can get players from other team as well, look at the Shawn Marion trade as an example. Put it this way, teams will be willing to dump their all-stars for a shot at a superstar like Lebron, he would still have his pick of teams, and it would be beneficial for Cleveland has he chosen a sign and trade, but he didn't and this was why their fans felt betrayed.

jatin

there's too much blood in my alcohol system!!
That would depend, like I said, Lebron lacks the killer instincts, players like Jordan not only want the rings, they want to make it clear to everyone that they are the best player in the league at the same time. They refuse to play second fiddle to anyone else and it's a shame because Lebron is one of the most talented basketball player but he just lacks that little bit extra which would have made him the best.
Agreed thats why I said that Kobe is better than him IMO, however he seems like the chap who doesn't care about all that

elmo

Agreed thats why I said that Kobe is better than him IMO, however he seems like the chap who doesn't care about all that
Exactly, Kobe and Wade are both less blessed physically as compared to Lebron who's almost the perfect build for a basketball player, but their attitude towards the game ensures that they will be better than Lebron and down the line, people will remember them as the better player.

My favourite player is John Stockton though :drool:

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I saw a tweet earlier saying "Lebron went from a young Jordan to a Pippen tonight." :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
More like CSKA Moscow. I heard Miami heat more than doubled their fanbase last night, from 8 to 20.
Very funny, except that they just won an Championship a few years ago and already have a big fan base in place. This will not only make it grow, it will also permeate into other sports. The U already have several high profile high school kids wanting to attend their basketball and football programs because of LeBron.

Alex

I think the only thing that is a problem is the signing of Bosh, he is a very good player, but nowhere near the level of LeBron or Wade, I think getting LeBron and keeping Wade would have been better than getting all three of them because then they could have built a good team around those two

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This was a good move for LeBron. It reminds me a bit of Shaq leaving the Magic in the mid 90s and moving to the Lakers. The Heat are by no means a shoe in to win the title next year, as Boston, and LA are still going to be right along side them, but LeBron and Wade in the prime of their careers is going to be hard to stop.

elmo

This was a good move for LeBron. It reminds me a bit of Shaq leaving the Magic in the mid 90s and moving to the Lakers. The Heat are by no means a shoe in to win the title next year, as Boston, and LA are still going to be right along side them, but LeBron and Wade in the prime of their careers is going to be hard to stop.
Alex is right, the introduction of Bosh in the lineup complicates thing because while Bosh is an excellent addition to the squad, his contract could probably be better used in signing 2-3 mid-tier players who could help the team out. Instead, they have 3 max-tier salary players and will probably fill their roster with low-tier players in order to get a team.

The depth of the squad will practically be non-existent and while it's good enough for the normal season, I don't see Miami making it far in the playoffs because of that.