Nba 2010-2011

chewingkebabs

I will cheer for the Heat to win the championship*, especially if they beat Cleveland, NY, and the Lakers in the process. Anyone who is a fan of the NBA will want to watch the Heat. If you don't, you're lying or just a straight up hater. It's like David Villa joining Barcelona. Maybe you don't like them and think they are cheaters or buying championships, but that team will be so fun to watch.

I don't see the Heat's Big Three as any more evil than the Celtics, who were put together in a similar way. Lebron is the KG in this situation (the Big Prize, formerly beloved by all, but now hated), Wade would be Pierce (the loyal star), and Bosh is the Ray Allen, just along for the great ride. I'm sure Lebron will find some way to Ubuntu his way into our hearts again.

Also, Dan Gilbert is the worst human being ever just for the crime of using Comic Sans.

*except if Derek Fisher signs with them, because he is a diving, cheating cnut, worse than Robben, Suarez, and Iniesta put together.

Neutral

BTV
I
I don't see the Heat's Big Three as any more evil than the Celtics, who were put together in a similar way. Lebron is the KG in this situation (the Big Prize, formerly beloved by all, but now hated), Wade would be Pierce (the loyal star), and Bosh is the Ray Allen, just along for the great ride. I'm sure Lebron will find some way to Ubuntu his way into our hearts again.

This comparison does not hold up...both of those guys were 30+ when they were traded to the Celtics.

None of them is called 'THE KING'.

Their trade was about guys that played near on a decade for a club/nba(I know Bron played for 7, but I'm speaking of the age factor here), and in the end were on teams, that were on the way down, and everyone including management felt, it was time to go. Minnesota was not burning KG jerseys....

This move by LeBron(I dont care about Bosh...he is a nobody, and the comparison to Ray Allen does not stand up...Ray Allen, was a bona fide leader, for his teams) runs counter to anything a real competitor would do...no not the move to play with better teammates, but to give up his team.

Kobe wanted to be no.1, so he got rid of Shaq, realised it was hard to win on your own, bu then got the Lakers to build around him.

Jordan couldnt win on his own, so the Bulls got Pippen, Grant, Cartwright, paxson, armstrong, harper, kerr, kukoc...you get the idea.

LeBron upped and moved to go to Wades team.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
Kobe wanted to be no.1, so he got rid of Shaq, realised it was hard to win on your own, bu then got the Lakers to build around him.

Jordan couldnt win on his own, so the Bulls got Pippen, Grant, Cartwright, paxson, armstrong, harper, kerr, kukoc...you get the idea.

LeBron upped and moved to go to Wades team.
The Cavs had enough time to build a team around LeBron but the best they could do was get a well past his prime Shaq?

LBJ has carried that team for far too long and they will realize that next season. They had the player who could be an all time great and yet couldn't build a support cast around him to challenge for the title. The Cavs fans should be more upset at the GM for fecking up and not signing another bonafide all star.

Neutral

BTV
Im not a LeBron nut, so I havent followed the minute details of his previous contracts...but has he ever refused money in the past, so that the team could attract better players to build around him?

Also a couple of the free agents they have signed and traded for in the past, were players LeBron wanted. Maybe that's what the GM did wrong, listen to a kid in his early 20s about who to sign for his team.

Whatever, Cleveland is done, and LeBron will win championships, I guess the only question is how many?

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
The Cavs had enough time to build a team around LeBron but the best they could do was get a well past his prime Shaq?

LBJ has carried that team for far too long and they will realize that next season. They had the player who could be an all time great and yet couldn't build a support cast around him to challenge for the title. The Cavs fans should be more upset at the GM for fecking up and not signing another bonafide all star.
To be fair Jamison wasn't a bad acquisition. Mo Williams was an all star (although whether he deserved it was debateable). Don't forget they would've had Boozer and Lebron had Boozer not betrayed them.

Also a couple of the free agents they have signed and traded for in the past, were players LeBron wanted. Maybe that's what the GM did wrong, listen to a kid in his early 20s about who to sign for his team.
This. He cleared every move. And the front-office mistake the Cavs made wasn't not trying hard enough to get Lebron help but to bend over backwards to get the players he wanted.

Alex

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
HE is a nut

His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract.
Also the whole paying him millions of dollars thing is slightly different from slavery as well.

Alex

Yeah Jackson is one of the biggest racists in the country, he obsession with it is unhealthy

Neutral

BTV
Dan Gilbert is an idiot...but lets not make this to be what it's not...It is not about master slave mentality...it is about a player who stuck his middle finger up at his hometown on national tv.

You listen to Bosh, Wade speak...and they keep saying, we were always going to make this happen...we are best buddies, its a dream come true. So why LIE that you made up your mind on the morning of the TV special? Why have a TV Special? Why not let the team, the city know beforehand, and handle with a bit more class?

He is a free man, and he can do as he wishes...but what he did, was fcuk Cleveland over in every way possible. I don't really care for Cleveland/Ohio/Middle America, it is not a nice place for a car full of teenagers from the subcontinent to get lost in! But he has left that team in a terrible position...if management knew he would leave, do you think they would have made some of the moves, they made last season? They now have a team in limbo...

Not good enough to be in the playoffs..but too good to be in the lottery...a truly terrible place to be in.

Amir

This. He cleared every move. And the front-office mistake the Cavs made wasn't not trying hard enough to get Lebron help but to bend over backwards to get the players he wanted.
True, they did make an effort. But the bottom line is, seven years and they didn't manage it.

People have all sort of ideas regarding what Lebron is supposed to be doing based on past players. But doesn't have deserve the freedom to take his own route - rather than being told 'this is how it was done in the past, and you can't do it any other way' - and see where it takes him?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

I think people talking about Lebron needing to win with Cleavland to be an all time great are wrong. But they are write about him coping out by moving to Miami.

One can spray all the bullshit about it is about the team now. But in many a game 6 or 7 of a playoff series, there will be a final shot to be taken. Jordan came to be known as THE BEST because he excelled in hitting those. Kobe will never be Jordan because he more often than not misses them. Lebron may not even get to take them. He should have gone to Bulls IMO. Good supporting cast there to help him win a championship as the main man.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Dan Gilbert is an idiot...but lets not make this to be what it's not...It is not about master slave mentality...it is about a player who stuck his middle finger up at his hometown on national tv.

You listen to Bosh, Wade speak...and they keep saying, we were always going to make this happen...we are best buddies, its a dream come true. So why LIE that you made up your mind on the morning of the TV special? Why have a TV Special? Why not let the team, the city know beforehand, and handle with a bit more class?

He is a free man, and he can do as he wishes...but what he did, was fcuk Cleveland over in every way possible. I don't really care for Cleveland/Ohio/Middle America, it is not a nice place for a car full of teenagers from the subcontinent to get lost in! But he has left that team in a terrible position...if management knew he would leave, do you think they would have made some of the moves, they made last season? They now have a team in limbo...

Not good enough to be in the playoffs..but too good to be in the lottery...a truly terrible place to be in.
Yeah, people hate Ronaldo for all the shenanigans he pulled but imagine if he had done that in such a way. In fact more apt comparison will be someone like Giggs moving like that.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm not suprprised by Jackson's comments, as the Cavs owner's remarks were bizarre to say the least - as if he owned LeBron and that leaving was an act of treachery.

Also, comparing this to the Garnett, Pierce, Allen triumverate is quite accurate, although LeBron is better now than any of those three ever were, which is why I'm fairly confident the Heat will be the team to beat next year, but not by much.

Zen

I will cheer for the Heat to win the championship*, especially if they beat Cleveland, NY, and the Lakers in the process. Anyone who is a fan of the NBA will want to watch the Heat. If you don't, you're lying or just a straight up hater. It's like David Villa joining Barcelona. Maybe you don't like them and think they are cheaters or buying championships, but that team will be so fun to watch
I don't know, I don't hate any of them or really care for this move, it's their decision. But I just recent bought ESPN mainly to start watching NBA again after a few years of not being able to, and this somewhat ruins it, if the Celtics, with lesser and older stars can win it in their first go, they why won't these? It completely ruins the competitiveness of it, what are the odds on the finals being Heat-Lakers, probably very very short, because it's almost set it stone.

If I want to watch games that will be fun because it has a load of stars, I'll watch the All-Stars, but this could really change the future of NBA IF they gel fast. At least with the KG, Pierce and Allen one, Garnett had paid his dues to Minnesota, what else could he do there?, and well they were all past their pure prime, so joined forces to make a super efficient team which also lucked out with Rondo. That one is more like Barkley joining up with Akeem and Drexler in the late 90's, rather than in 1990.

They are already talking about Paul and Melo joining up, this is gonna be it now if the lockout doesn't do something about it, players will be dictating their free agencies so they can play with friends, I give them credit, it was smart how they did it and took everyone along for the ride, but I don't want to see that happening again, although I'm starting to get the idea that the lockout will create some Chris Paul exception so that Lebron can have his best mate with him as well....-_-

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Carmelo will end up in New York, he's already stated such (which will depend on available cap space in 2011).

Paul could only end up in Miami through a trade because the Heat won't have any cap space for six years, save a few low salary exceptions in a few years time.

chewingkebabs

True, they did make an effort. But the bottom line is, seven years and they didn't manage it.

People have all sort of ideas regarding what Lebron is supposed to be doing based on past players. But doesn't have deserve the freedom to take his own route - rather than being told 'this is how it was done in the past, and you can't do it any other way' - and see where it takes him?
This. They fecked around and gave him clowns like Donyell Marshall and Larry Hughes, and shackled him with Slow-It-Down Mike Brown as a coach.

I didn't like how Lebron went about announcing THE DECISION, but Ronaldo had to be watching and kicking himself for not doing something like that. He would've titled it, "Only God Knows." I think what Lebron did was put the business side of professional sports on display for all the world to see, and it was ugly. But I don't fault him for joining his All-Star friends to try to win a ring. Also, he'll get to live in Miami. And also, Delonte West was fecking his mom. :lol:

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
This. They fecked around and gave him clowns like Donyell Marshall and Larry Hughes, and shackled him with Slow-It-Down Mike Brown as a coach.

I didn't like how Lebron went about announcing THE DECISION, but Ronaldo had to be watching and kicking himself for not doing something like that. He would've titled it, "Only God Knows." I think what Lebron did was put the business side of professional sports on display for all the world to see, and it was ugly. But I don't fault him for joining his All-Star friends to try to win a ring. Also, he'll get to live in Miami. And also, Delonte West was fecking his mom. :lol:
My argument was just rendered invalid.

Hey Larry Hughes, Please Stop Taking So Many Bad Shots

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sorry if already posted, but even the GOAT agrees Kobe>>>>>>>LeBron

ha_rooney

Fisher stating he's going to resign with the Lakers. Important player for the Lakers, his numbers are very average for a PG, but his influence on the team is key.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Fisher stating he's going to resign with the Lakers. Important player for the Lakers, his numbers are very average for a PG, but his influence on the team is key.
And they lost Faramar, so this is good for the Lakers.

manufanatic

"crazy"
Not at all. The three schools all hate eachother, and no serious fan would jump ship to the other.
As a FSU alum i only hate miami because they kept us from playing in more National Championship games. I always root for them when they dont play FSU.

On a side note. While its true that they were the biggest thing in that area during their run fans quickly walked away when they werent as competitive. They rarely sell out now and their season ticket prices are actually the lowest of all the major schools in florida including UCF (granted they are a private university with a much smaller student populace).

They had great teams and i still beleive they were robbed against Ohio State and Some how managed to lose to Penn State back in the day but their fan base dosent hold a candle to UFs or FSUs (in the state of Florida)

Just my 2 cents

And I hate the Gaytors!

MrMarcello

Chris Paul toasted Carmelo and stated NY will have its big three soon. It would be fecking hilarious if another club pulled off a big three and denied the Heat and LeBron for a few years.

I'm expecting the next CBA to impose a hard cap which will break up Miami and any other big three/big four/etc. So I anticipate a lockout between ownership and the union next summer. Get ready for another 1998/1999 scenario potentially a scrapped season all together. The union will not approve a hard cap.

Another scenario mentioned on Mike & Mike would be for the current club being able to offer double what a signing club could offer. Something like LeBron could get 16m/yr from Cleveland but only 8m/yr from Miami. And they think this would stop most of the top free agent defectors.

Dick Vitale was saying that if the league becomes top heavy, which it is headed towards, it will damage the league.

ha_rooney

Ilgauskas' agent saying he's moving to the Heat. I could see that one happening, they needed a center and he's got tons of experience.

The NBA is getting too predictable. In the West it's the Lakers to lose every year, I can't see any team really challenging LA's supremacy, although I'm interested to see how OCT go this year. In the East, Miami are the superpower, but I still have a feeling the Magic can pull off a shock.

If Paul and Anthony go to NY next year, with Stoudemire already there, it will make the East interesting, but the West seems boring at the moment with no-one really being able to match up with the Lakers and beat them over 7 games.

MrMarcello

Raja Bell to the Lakers... possibly. A handful of teams can offer more money but Bell is being courted by Kobe, of all players, and this has Bell seriously considering the chance to play for the Lakers.

Alex

It would help them massively v Miami in the playoffs if they met in the Finals he is a great defender who you could put on Wade or LeBron and put Kobe on the other.

ha_rooney

Bell would be a good signing, but I wonder if the Lakers have the cap room having signed Blake on a $16 million deal and resigning Fisher.

Anyone know if Shannon Brown has resigned with the Lakers? Hope he has, he's a live wire player who can offer something from the bench and his dunks are pretty awesome (although he was dreadful in the Dunk contest)

MrMarcello

Yep, took the bigger money offer from Utah. Good luck to him. He'll be watching the Lakers and others in the Finals like the rest of us.

The Lakers have a $1.8m exception left and that's what Kobe was trying to entice Bell to take the less money and win a championship or two. They should look at Josh Howard if they're searching for defensive-minded players that can also contribute offensively. Howard is coming off a major injury and is being courted by the Knicks amongst others.