Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The freak, Birdman, has been suspended for Game 6.

One thing I like about the NBA is that they go back and take retrospective action, even going as far as saying the officials got it wrong. Wish the FA would do that.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The freak, Birdman, has been suspended for Game 6.

One thing I like about the NBA is that they go back and take retrospective action, even going as far as saying the officials got it wrong. Wish the FA would do that.
Big blow for Miami IMO. Last year it was Haslem who was suspended for game 6, and this year it's Anderson..

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I don't think Granger would be the primary option now that is Paul George is there he has a higher ceiling imo. Granger would provide a scoring punch of the bench that would have been a great help. Granger has been in decline stat and production wise for the last few years.
George is a fine player, perhaps a future All-Star, but Granger has already been an All-Star. That of course is assuming he's healthy, something that's been rare the last two years.

It's Lance Stephenson that's come into the starting line-up for Granger, George would otherwise be playing at the 2.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Rumours on twitter that Howard has decided he's leaving the Lakers.

Whilst I'd like him to stay (despite the average season he had), I think he'll end up in Houston and that would be a good fit for him. Would leave the lakers in a big mess for next season though.
Tank for Wiggins in 2014? :p

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Wade should stop shooting. Bosh, well, he shouldn't even be on the court. He's doing nothing really, neither on offence nor on defence.

Haslem should shoot from the other side of the court. Miami lucky to have the lead after 1, after Indiana missed many easy opportunities, with Lebron bailing Miami out on more than one occasion..

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Same story with the Pacers again, they're not opening up a big enough lead when given the opportunity, they're so fecking sloppy.

ha_rooney

Bosh is awful. Simply awful.

Indy need to make those dunks. James will explode at some point and Indiana need to have a large enough lead and make shots to counter that.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
The fact that Pacers out play the heat and can never build a big lead just shows Miami are better and will win. Miami even with Wade and Bosh playing bad are never far behind. Miami end it tonight imo.

Erentz

Time for James to open up a huge lead single handedly in the 3rd now. Pacers are too wasteful.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I don't care how lucky Miami has been in the first half, they're losing this one.

Well done James for saying: "I kind of went back to my Cleveland days", because he is! A certain big two need to wake up (although that looks unlikely).

Wade and Bosh are shooting 1 for 10 together, and combining for 4 of Miami's 5 turnovers!!

Miami's big 3... James, Cole and Chalmers.

:mad: I'm so mad right now.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Be grateful that atleast others are stepping up. I don't expect much from Wade this playoffs anymore but Bosh needs to step up in the finals. I think Miami will win tonight.

ha_rooney

Just like Game 5. It feels like Indiana should be winning by at least 8 points but somehow Miami are winning. Been impressed with Cole so far.

I think the decline of Wade and the ineptness of Bosh further reinforces the belief LeBron will leave Miami next summer. Can't see him staying there when others are failing around him.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Just like Game 5. It feels like Indiana should be winning by at least 8 points but somehow Miami are winning. Been impressed with Cole so far.

I think the decline of Wade and the ineptness of Bosh further reinforces the belief LeBron will leave Miami next summer. Can't see him staying there when others are failing around him.
I don't think Pat Riley will let him leave. Wade is the heart of the franchise, so it will be difficult to move him as well.. I think Bosh is the most likely to go next season. The only problem, what is Miami going to get for him?! May be just free some cap space and sign a free agent? Who will be a free agent next season?

Imagine if Miami had Hibbert instead of Bosh..

JaffyJoe

Miami won't reach the finals next year regardless 4 finals in row hasn't been done for 25 years it's too draining. Wade is washed up now. They won't beat the Spurs without all three playing well imo. I just think the heat will win tonight.

Erentz

Don't be fooled, the Pacers will still collpase:lol:

Erentz

Miami won't reach the finals next year regardless 4 finals in row hasn't been done for 25 years it's too draining. Wade is washed up now. They won't beat the Spurs without all three playing well imo. I just think the heat will win tonight.
If Jordan hadn't have retired the first time round the Bulls could have made 8 in a row imo. I loved those Bulls teams.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
It's logical. You can't rely on James hitting crazy jumpers every game. Once those shots stop falling, the team that excutes IS the team that is going to win..

I don't think I'm being pessimistic here honestly.

JaffyJoe

If Jordan hadn't have retired the first time round the Bulls could have made 8 in a row imo. I loved those Bulls teams.
We assume so. But Steve Kerr was talking about it the other day he said that after 3 years it just takes so much out of you he doubts they would have made it again.

JaffyJoe

Indiana are impressing right now. Lebron looks off and George is on fire.

ha_rooney

Indiana have upped the intensity. Very sloppy quarter from Miami.

Erentz

We assume so. But Steve Kerr was talking about it the other day he said that after 3 years it just takes so much out of you he doubts they would have made it again.
They nearly made it to the finals without him, they were unlucky not to, the next season he looked rusty in the play offs after he'd just come back, but they were still competitive, and then the next season was the start of another three-peat. I can't agree with Kerr, Jordan was just supernatural.

ha_rooney

Brilliant quarter from the pacers until the final 5 seconds. What the feck was West thinking on the inbound? At least they're destroying Miami in the paint.

Looks like this is going to game 7, unless James does something spectacular.

JaffyJoe

They nearly made it to the finals without him, they were unlucky not to, the next season he looked rusty in the play offs after he'd just come back, but they were still competitive, and then the next season was the start of another three-peat. I can't agree with Kerr, Jordan was just supernatural.
True Jordan defies all logic stamina wise and in his ability to compete add Jordan to that squad and they at least make the finals.

JaffyJoe

Allen has been poor the whole playoffs. Indiana being wasteful on the offensive end.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Allen has been poor the whole playoffs. Indiana being wasteful on the offensive end.
But Miami hasn't taken advantage of that. Allen misses a wide open three there, misses (another!) free throw, and Miami waste another two chances to close the gap.

Good time-out by Vogel.

ha_rooney

Miller making it rain! Lead down to 6...

Edit: the rainbow 3's reminded me of this great shot by Dirk from a couple seasons back:

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
4 point game now
7 now with Indiana in possession..

Time is running out for a comeback as well. And Indiana is not a team that collapses suddenly. They're a tough and well-organised team. They have also consistently outplayed Miami in clutch time.

I really can't see a comeback coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.