Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
D'Antoni gets 99% the blame as far as I'm concerned. When you have that much talent, you cannot be struggling to make the #8 seed.

From the games I've seen this season, Nash lacks a role in this offense. He's an incredible shooter and passer, yet he doesn't get enough touches of the ball because Kobe needs the ball. Kobe should let Nash run the offense, Kobe will still get his points and Nash can control the tempo of the game.

Howard has been very good since the All-Star break, but we don't seem to want to run the offense through him the entire game. Take the defeat to Washington - when we ran the offense through him we had a big lead and looked good. In the final 5 mins of the game, it was all Kobe iso and we lost.

Arguably our best performance this season was at Indiana. Great ball movement, energy on both sides, bench scoring, Howard dominating and no Kobe. I love Bryant, he's been the only player who has tried and tried and tried to get this team going this season, but Kobe needs to stop trying to do it all everytime and trust his teammates more.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7649571/nba-kobe-bryant-not-money-think-espn-magazine

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
D'Antoni gets 99% the blame as far as I'm concerned. When you have that much talent, you cannot be struggling to make the #8 seed.

From the games I've seen this season, Nash lacks a role in this offense. He's an incredible shooter and passer, yet he doesn't get enough touches of the ball because Kobe needs the ball. Kobe should let Nash run the offense, Kobe will still get his points and Nash can control the tempo of the game.

Howard has been very good since the All-Star break, but we don't seem to want to run the offense through him the entire game. Take the defeat to Washington - when we ran the offense through him we had a big lead and looked good. In the final 5 mins of the game, it was all Kobe iso and we lost.

Arguably our best performance this season was at Indiana. Great ball movement, energy on both sides, bench scoring, Howard dominating and no Kobe. I love Bryant, he's been the only player who has tried and tried and tried to get this team going this season, but Kobe needs to stop trying to do it all everytime and trust his teammates more.
The team switches off when they get a huge lead early in the game and decide to play in second gear for the rest of the game. It's infuriating when it's clear that they have the ability to blow away most teams they're playing lately, but they just have to do things the hard way.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
No he didn't. Dirk flopped there. But then again the NBA has kinda become a women's game. Its not a real man's game like the NFL. A slight touch and they fecking call a foul.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
No he didn't. Dirk flopped there. But then again the NBA has kinda become a women's game. Its not a real man's game like the NFL. A slight touch and they fecking call a foul.
Well, it's a game of precision. It's definitely a different game to the NFL.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Yup, I'm actually kind of glad it did.. Takes the pressure of the team before the play-offs (Lebron looks exhausted!), and teach them a valuable lesson (before it's too late): You can't fecking go behind in double digits against every single team and expect to come back!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The streak is over!! Miami lose to Chicago who were without some key players but played with a lot of intensity and deserved the win. The legendary Lakers' record remains :devil:

The modern fake Lakers meanwhile limped to a win.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The race to the bottom and the NBA lottery is pretty tight right now.

17-54 Charlotte
18-54 Orlando
22-48 Cleveland
23-49 Phoenix
24-48 Detroit
25-47 New Orleans
25-45 Minnesota
26-46 Sacramento
26-45 Toronto
26-45 Washington
28-43 Philly

Could possibly have something to do with the Heat's win streak, everyone down there is terrified of winning. ;)

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
To be honest losing helps Miami more than winning at the moment, that Number One seed is all but sown up and LeBron could do with a wee rest.

ha_rooney

Mike Brown must've put some voodoo curse on us. The injuries have been a joke.

This season is a write-off, even if we get to the playoffs, it will be a 1 and done embarrassment. Need to start looking at next year and thinking what moves to make. Hopefully Howard stays, Artest will probably leave and Gasol should be traded. Also, Jimmy Buss needs to get his head out of his ass and sack D'Antoni.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yeah, I don't think I can support the Lakers with D'Antoni as coach.

Also, I always liked how Danny Ainge played basketball, he played great defense against Jordan back in the day.

Though i like Riley from being a Lakers guy, so I'm torn. They're probably both jerks.

ha_rooney

Important win for the Lakers.

Kobe played all but 22 seconds of the game :eek: he also passes Wilt to become 4th highest scorer.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The Heat are teaching the Spurs how to do it. James, Wade and Chalmers all sit out, all because of "injuries"...

ha_rooney

Very important win for the Lakers over Dallas last night. Kobe played 47 minutes again. That is a ridiculous amount of minutes for most players but for a 34-year old with an ankle knock and 'bone spur in his left foot' that is quite amazing.

Shaq also had his jersey retired. Great player and personality and his speech was very good.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I didn't get the impression Pop was trying to send a message to Stern. Pop probably has by far the best reputation of any manager in the game now, Stern is a pompous windbag. I'd guess that Pop sent the players home because it was advantageous for their rehab, as opposed to traveling to Miami to sit on the bench.

Anyway, Pop's response to the fine was something like "I'm going to continue to do what I think is best for this team, because that's who I work for, not David Stern."

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Well, I don't want to look like I'm defending Stern here, because he's the single thing that I hate most in the NBA (even more than Garnett!), but we all know Stern is a prick.. Just say my players are nursing injuries and announce it before the game.. Don't let everybody hype the game only for them to discover that Pop is sending everybody back to San Antonio without prior notice.. It did look like Pop was giving everybody the finger there.

It's like when a manager don't want to send players for international friendlies. They don't just say we're not sending them full stop. They have to make some kind of excuse to cover it, or they will attract a lot of criticism/possible punishments.

Anyway, I don't think anybody care about this now, least of all Pop himself..

OB

Lakers have been winning most games closely by just some points. Still, a win is a win. Hopefully they climb up the rankings and avoid the No.1 or No.2 teams.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Lakers have been winning most games closely by just some points. Still, a win is a win. Hopefully they climb up the rankings and avoid the No.1 or No.2 teams.
Doubt it. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs wit no further injuries, getting anything above 8th seed would need some serious luck and a monumental collapse from both Warriors and the Rockets.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Rockets vs Okc first round would be fun. Harden against his old teammates :drool:

ha_rooney

Lakers lose again to the Clippers and they sweep the Lakers this season. Embarrassing.

As usual we had issues with turnovers, poor transition defense, missing open 3s and completely shit defense in general. Add to that tiredness and the retarded logic of having only a 7 man rotation and Kobe playing all but 39.8 seconds of the game. His numbers the past week have been ridiculous and far too much. D'Antoni is a clueless cnut who must be sacked. cnut :mad::mad:

At least D12 is getting better with his FTs.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This season has always been a writeoff for the Lakers. Even if they manage to clinch the 8th seed, they'll get swatted by the Spurs or OKC. The management has been a disaster, no excuses for finishing that low with Kobe, D12 and Nash on board.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I can't understand what's happening to the Lakers. How the hell would you be fighting for the 8th seed with a squad like that?! When they brought Howard and Nash in I was almost sure they will make it to the NBA finals this year..

Utah have 4 games remaining, against OKC, Minnesota (2), and Memphis.. I think OKC will beat them, but the Lakers will need to win virtually all 5 remaining games.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The Lakers just need to rebuild and the only way they could have done that is by getting rid of both Howard and Gasol and bringing in someone younger. They have put all their eggs in one basket and it hasn't worked for them this year. All they can hope for now is that Howard signs an extension.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Lakers fans chanting MVP for Kobe Bryant. He's got a team with 4 Hall of Famers and it looks like they will barely make it to the 8th spot.

:lol: you couldn't make this shit up. Lakers fans are easily the dumbest fan base around.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
:lol:

He was insane tonight though.. And it was a second night of a back-to-back as well!

I can't see him letting the Lakers miss on the playoffs.. He's just too good for that to happen..

ha_rooney

He's not the MVP (I'd have Bron-Bron, Durant, CP3 and Melo ahead of him) but without Kobe we'd be even worse off. He can be really annoying with the iso plays but when things are going for him, there are few better at taking a team and carrying them over the line. The block on the dunk attempt :drool:

First time this season we've won back-to-backs. D'Antoni should have a statue built of him for that monumental achievement.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Lakers fans chanting MVP for Kobe Bryant. He's got a team with 4 Hall of Famers and it looks like they will barely make it to the 8th spot.

:lol: you couldn't make this shit up. Lakers fans are easily the dumbest fan base around.
They've been chanting that towards him for the better part of the last ten years, it's tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.