Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Exactly, it was baffling, I can't see them coming back from that either, they looked knackered. He's thrown it away ffs.

Heat will be knackered too. Spurs swept the conference finals, whereas Miami played the full series.

San Antonio didn't shoot particularly well tonight. Green , Neal, Man Utd, Parker were all a bit off. Won't happen again. It would be an awesome game. Spurs will have advantage with a more experienced team and coach.

Miami will the series in 7.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Magic just pointed that Popovich really fecked up when the Spurs had that big lead and he rested his key guys for a few minutes and allowed Miami to get back into the game. Magic and Wilbon both argued that Pop should have gone for the kill right there. Push the lead to 18+.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Magic just pointed that Popovich really fecked up when the Spurs had that big lead and he rested his key guys for a few minutes and allowed Miami to get back into the game. Magic and Wilbon both argued that Pop should have gone for the kill right there. Push the lead to 18+.

I agree but forget that they had it in their hands 30 seconds left two free throws they choked then. Gave away two defensive rebounds.

Shinjisan

I don't think the Spurs were shooting very well at that moment. IIRC, upto that point both teams were shooting 5/14 - 5/17 something. Then Miami went on a run.

The free throw misses & offensive rebounds cost them in reg time. Then they didn't get the calls in the finals few secs.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
I'm too tired to make a thourough analysis, I just want to say that Man Utd's performance tonight was one of the worst and most damaging I've ever seen in my life, without a doubt the worst I've seen in an important game.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm too tired to make a thourough analysis, I just want to say that Man Utd's performance tonight was one of the worst and most damaging I've ever seen in my life, without a doubt the worst I've seen in an important game.
I forgive John Starks and Nick Anderson after seeing that performance, granted Man Utd should have been shooting free throws with about :08 left in OT.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
I'm not a big fan of the concept of taking out your big man replacing him with a smaller player to guard the perimeter when the other team needs a 3-pointer. What fecking use did it do to the Spurs here? Heat still got decent looks and on top of that you limit yourself in the rebounding department.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I'm not a big fan of the concept of taking out your big man replacing him with a smaller player to guard the perimeter when the other team needs a 3-pointer. What fecking use did it do to the Spurs here? Heat still got decent looks and on top of that you limit yourself in the rebounding department.
I guess its for the quickness with which you can rotate.

JaffyJoe

Parker should have got a foul when Lebron pushed me but the Bosh foul on Green and the Man Utd chance I think you mean Shinji that was a travel first.

JaffyJoe

No they had to guard the the line the heat switch the man they want to get the three onto Duncan and he will get an open 3 too risky.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
I guess its for the quickness with which you can rotate.
Yes I understand that, I still don't agree with the concept. They could have just put Duncan on the player least likely to get the ball and take a shot and it's not like Duncan's a slouch either and in this particular situation there's no time for the other team to mess around with the ball and make a more developed play, they have to take a shot as quickly as possible.

It's a different thing though if there's not much time left on the clock and you know there won't be a chance for a rebound.

JaffyJoe

Yes I understand that, I still don't agree with the concept. They could have just put Duncan on the player least likely to get the ball and take a shot and it's not like Duncan's a slouch either and in this particular situation there's no time for the other team to mess around with the ball and make a more developed play, they have to take a shot as quickly as possible.

They had all shooters on Lebron, Chalmers, Allen, Bosh and Wade actually come to think of it I see your point I really wouldn't mind Wade or Bosh taking the shot if they make it I live with that. I agree bad move by Pop he was overthinking not enough for a over complicated play 20 seconds though.... If Kawhi or Man Utd had made their freethrows its a different convo never seen and ending like that after that the spurs offence was off and they still only lost by one.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
ILBB15, I think you're over-analyzing it to draw a conclusion that is in reality based on the outcome.. My analysis: Miami got a lucky bounce, that's it.

Shinjisan

The thing is that players miss free throws. I wouldn't have been surprised if Kwahi bricked both in a pressure situation like that. It's his second year in the league.

Free throws cost them but not more than giving those offensive rebounds. If they get the ball for even one of them, it's series over.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
ILBB15, I think you're over-analyzing it to draw a conclusion that is in reality based on the outcome.. My analysis: Miami got a lucky bounce, that's it.
Luck also plays its part of course, but one of those missed 3-pointers towards the end the ball ended up right above the paint and was tipped a couple of times, three Spurs players who were on to it couldn't grab the ball. With Duncan in there, Spurs are less likely to be unfourtunate ;)

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
The thing is that players miss free throws. I wouldn't have been surprised if Kwahi bricked both in a pressure situation like that. It's his second year in the league.

Free throws cost them but not more than giving those offensive rebounds. If they get the ball for even one of them, it's series over.
I feel sorry for Leonard, he played his heart out and was excellent the entire game, seemingly always making the right decisions. In fact, he's been very good this whole series.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Luck also plays its part of course, but one of those missed 3-pointers towards the end the ball ended up right above the paint and was tipped a couple of times, three Spurs players who were on to it couldn't grab the ball. With Duncan in there, Spurs are less likely to be unfourtunate ;)
But they are more likely to be unfortunate on the first shot.. Duncan can't be "there" and covering the 3-point arc at the same time.. Miami had a better chance to grab the offensive rebound because the Spurs were scrambling to cover the 3-point line,..

And yes, Miami were still extremely lucky to get the offensive rebound both times.. It's not like they were easy offensive rebounds.. No need to blame Pop IMO.. It's not even a similar situation to that with Vogel and Hibbert. Miami had to go for a three in this one..

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
I don't know if anyone else noticed but there was a rather peculiar situation that arised after Allen made that three.

Spurs had no timeouts left, so they just had to inbound the ball as quickly as possible. But the officials call a timeout to review the play and see if Allen's foot was on the line, however, this hurts the Spurs in the way that Miami's defence can get set after the review, that's why Pop was so livid. Then again they can't wait for the game to be over and then review the play and change it to a 2-pointer if his foot was on the line, because if it had been called a 2-pointer initially, Miami would have obviously fouled. So I can understand the refs here.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
I don't know if anyone else noticed but there was a rather peculiar situation that arised after Allen made that three.

Spurs had no timeouts left, so they just had to inbound the ball as quickly as possible. But the officials call a timeout to review the play and see if Allen's foot was on the line, however, this hurts the Spurs in the way that Miami's defence can get set after the review, that's why Pop was so livid. Then again they can't wait for the game to be over and then review the play and change it to a 2-pointer if his foot was on the line, because if it had been called a 2-pointer initially, Miami would have obviously fouled. So I can understand the refs here.

The ESPN crew thought it was a Spurs advantage because it gave them a chance to draw up a play instead of having to rush it. Then again, if I understand correctly, most teams usually have a second play called already for that situation.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I thought the review actually helped the Spurs, because any coach would have called a time-out in that situation if he had one, even if he can't advance the ball..Having to inbound the ball that quickly after conceding a three like that could affect your conentration and end up with a turnover that could even hand Miami the win in regulation.. The review/time-out allowed Pop to run a good play for Parker, he just missed it.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
Well Pop clearly didn't like it, and with a guy like Parker you know he's gonna create something running full-court without a set defence. There seemed to be confusion on the court from both teams right after Allen made the shot, I think they were all expecting a timeout that wasn't there.

Nevermind, I only brought this up because I've never seen this happen before and hadn't thought of that this new video-reviewing could create a situation like this where one team can effectively be rewarded a time-out they don't have.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
Reporter:- "How do you get your guys into Game 7?"

Gregg Popovich:- "I get them on a bus and it arrives at a ramp over here and we go on the court and we play."

:lol:

JaffyJoe

We can go over and over it really. Pop kept Duncan out for obvious reasons you can only knock him in hindsight. If Duncan's man or Duncan's inability to get to three point line is what resulted in the baskets people woukd have said why did he keep Duncan in. Hell of a three by Allen and lucky for Lebron after he missed the first.

I give the edge to Miami but surely Man Utd will be much better even a decent game from him and the Spurs would have won. Timmy won't play as well again waste of a classic game Tony made big plays but was not his usual efficient self. Danny Green was defended well but I see him making more than 1 3pt the heat defended him well and that give Duncan more space so I think we can count on him for 20 and 10. We don't know how Wade is feeling. I think the heat belief will be at an all time high I don't think anyone has ever come as close to winning the title and lost it they where bringing the trophy out. I wonder who finals MVP was???

One of the best games I have ever watched.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We can go over and over it really. Pop kept Duncan out for obvious reasons you can only knock him in hindsight. If Duncan's man or Duncan's inability to get to three point line is what resulted in the baskets people woukd have said why did he keep Duncan in. Hell of a three by Allen and lucky for Lebron after he missed the first.

I give the edge to Miami but surely Man Utd will be much better even a decent game from him and the Spurs would have won. Timmy won't play as well again waste of a classic game Tony made big plays but was not his usual efficient self. Danny Green was defended well but I see him making more than 1 3pt the heat defended him well and that give Duncan more space so I think we can count on him for 20 and 10. We don't know how Wade is feeling. I think the heat belief will be at an all time high I don't think anyone has ever come as close to winning the title and lost it they where bringing the trophy out. I wonder who finals MVP was???

One of the best games I have ever watched.
I honestly believed that if Spurs had won today, they'll have given Duncan the finals MVP. It was a monster performance from him and it'll give them the opportunity to give to a more established player instead of a bench player in Green.

JaffyJoe

I honestly believed that if Spurs had won today, they'll have given Duncan the finals MVP. It was a monster performance from him and it'll give them the opportunity to give to a more established player instead of a bench player in Green.
hmmm his first 3 games he was poor as poor as Lebron he has really stepped up. Parker and Leonard have been the most consistent while Green's 3's have been immense. It is up for grabs on the Spurs though it should be Parker's it is Lebron's if Miami win's obviously. Miami need to get a real post presence in the summer.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
hmmm his first 3 games he was poor as poor as Lebron he has really stepped up. Parker and Leonard have been the most consistent while Green's 3's have been immense. It is up for grabs on the Spurs though it should be Parker's it is Lebron's if Miami win's obviously. Miami need to get a real post presence in the summer.
The NBA has never been shy when it comes to giving superstars a push for the awards even when other players deserve it more though, and Duncan would be a safe enough option that most fans would just chalk it off as a reward for Duncan's long period of excellence throughout the years.

Did anyone think Bosh fouled the Spurs player on that final shot?
That and the Ginobili play where he was impeded and no foul was called on Allen (I think).

JaffyJoe

Did anyone think Bosh fouled the Spurs player on that final shot?

He did but their not gonna call that and neither should they a bit weak to go to the line like that bailing spurs out they had their shot to win. In the 1st 46 that is getting called though.

Zen

Spurs :'(

Man this Heat team while crafting it out undoubtably well(Boston, Indy x2 and this finals), sure do get a lot of luck....that Allen trey at the end was an absolute dagger, so I didn't watch OT, foregone conclusion and I was ridiculously tired.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Duncan could have been useful in that final play when Bosh got the rebound and kicked it to Allen for the 3.

The Ginobili foul wasn't a foul. Not sure about the Green 3 blocked by Bosh.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
The big one is here. Can see Spurs by 5+

Is there any better river than vipbox to watch it? Their rivers are usually 4/10 quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.