NBA 2019-2020

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Deadline to inform your team whether you are going to participate was June 24 but obviously players are still pulling out as we see. The most notable ones to refuse so far are Bertans (injury risk in contract year), Oubre (injury risk), Bradley (wants to spend time with family), Ariza (child custody battle) and half of the Nets team (KD, Kyrie, Jordan, Dinwiddie, Chandler).
Oubre had a surgery done just before the break, dont think his recovery is done thats why he's missing.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Oubre had a surgery done just before the break, dont think his recovery is done thats why he's missing.
Also having Suns and Wizards there is absolutely pointless so I won’t be surprised if more players pull out. Wizards have nobody good going.

Sarni

WTF?? That's a joke. May aswell pull out
I'm not surprised they don't want to be there. They need to win two games more than Orlando/Brooklyn, then beat them twice without losing just to get spanked by Bucks. Pointless.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

The NBA is officially back today too! Only scrimmage games for a week now, but still, it's something.

Other news meanwhile: Winslow had a season-ending injury in training, and Garnett wants to buy the Timberwolves.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Anyone have the NBA League Pass in the UK? Does it mean you get to watch games live, or just that you can watch full replays of them soon(how soon?) after?

If not, how do you typically watch live/ replays of games?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Tom Thibodeau Finalizing a 5 year deal to be the next head coach of the NY Knicks.

How do you all feel about this?

My 3 choices for the job was Kenny Atkinson, Mark Jackson, Tom Thibeodeau.

I don't know about his ability to develop the young talent we have especially after the draft but he is a great defensive minded coach and can make bring a culture change.

The Knicks have a good amount of picks, Cap space, and some interesting young players so we have all the tools to be able to build a team and it is very important we dont mess this us or we are back to square 1.

I am on the fence with this pick as I like it but done love it. At this stage of our rebuild I felt a guy like Atkinson was the go to move. Nonetheless I see the potential of this working out.

My only fear is I hope we don't scrap the rebuild and go into "win now" mode.

Sarni

Thibs is a bad choice for Knicks, not what you want if you are trying to develop young players and get back to winning ways. He basically runs his players into the ground and doesn’t care about the long term. He wasn’t good at Minnesota either. Atkinson would have been a better choice, or go for a college coach to get something new. Thibs is known quality but not good quality anymore.

Sarni

Anyone have the NBA League Pass in the UK? Does it mean you get to watch games live, or just that you can watch full replays of them soon(how soon?) after?

If not, how do you typically watch live/ replays of games?
You watch games live or replay them. There’s lots of content.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Just seen that there are games throughout the day, yet they have placed all Lakers games after 6pm :( Probably to make sure the West Coast can watch them, but still, sucks.

SportingCP96

Supports
Can it be tommorow yet?!

Ugh I can’t wait for the season to resume

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
No one bothered to tune into the Lakers Clippers game?
Got pretty drunk last night so forgot to set an alarm :rolleyes: Just saw the 4th quarter again, so great to have real basketball back :drool: And a good ending too!

Gonna try to watch the second half of the Grizzlies game tonight and the first half of the Celtics-Bucks game. Still debating on whether I'm gonna order a Ja Morant jersey this summer.

freeurmind

weak willed
2 more good games tonight. Gonna be great to watch Giannis in action. Sox game tonight as well so a good Friday night of sports to look forward to.

Sarni

I did :D Great to have basketball back. Interestingly enough, these NBA games seem less empty than MLB or footy. Good seeing Inside the NBA too.
The experience is brilliant. Watching on NBA TV it’s basically as good as before or even better as breaks are shorter and there’s less nonsense. The fact they play games for like 10 straight hours is utterly brilliant too.

SportingCP96

Supports
HUGE win for Portland following the Pelicans loss last night.

Sarni

What a game between Rockets and Mavs. Quality has been great since restart. Grizzlies v Blazers was great too and so happy about final result. We are in pole position for the Mega Ball from the 9th seed. I’d like us to catch up on Grizzlies but 2.5 games is a lot with just 7 to play, we would have to go 6-1 to have a decent chance. Maybe 5-2.

Also, that result was fantastic for my season coupon which could land me £1.5k in two weeks. Need Raptors, Rockets and Nuggets to win divisions. Raptors and Rockets look almost done already, Nuggets are a game above Jazz so could go either way as their schedule is much harder.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Any good bets out there for the games today? Wanna make my Saturday a bit more interesting.

And I love Morant. What a player already.

SportingCP96

Supports
What a game between Rockets and Mavs. Quality has been great since restart. Grizzlies v Blazers was great too and so happy about final result. We are in pole position for the Mega Ball from the 9th seed. I’d like us to catch up on Grizzlies but 2.5 games is a lot with just 7 to play, we would have to go 6-1 to have a decent chance. Maybe 5-2.

Also, that result was fantastic for my season coupon which could land me £1.5k in two weeks. Need Raptors, Rockets and Nuggets to win divisions. Raptors and Rockets look almost done already, Nuggets are a game above Jazz so could go either way as their schedule is much harder.
Well doesn't the 9th seed just have to be 2 games back of the 8th seed by the end of the regular season and then those teams will play a 2 game series to determine the 8th seed?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

160 points in the first half, most in 20 years. Crazy!

Sarni

Well doesn't the 9th seed just have to be 2 games back of the 8th seed by the end of the regular season and then those teams will play a 2 game series to determine the 8th seed?
4 games behind or less, and then 8th seed has to win 1 of 2 games, but 9th seed has to win both.

SportingCP96

Supports
4 games behind or less, and then 8th seed has to win 1 of 2 games, but 9th seed has to win both.
So what happens if the pelicans and the blazers are both 4 games or less behind the grizzlies?