NBA 2019-2020

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
8-0!

So proud of the team, it's probably the end of our season but whatever. We did our best and watching the players all step up unlike past years is so fun.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Talk about nail biter.... my god.

Congrats @Sarni

1 more win Portland and you got it!

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Loved the fourth quarter of the Portland game. Though I thought Brooklyn should have won it really, and Portland were absolutely terrible defensively. Less convinced they'll be capable of much if they make it through to the Lakers.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

I agree with all of that, but the pressing question here is that the above is worth it to (probably) give up the chance at a ring for.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Lakers work hard all season to get number 1 seed and now they're at a disadvantage because everyone else already knows they're playing.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Talk about nail biter.... my god.

Congrats @Sarni

1 more win Portland and you got it!
Yeah I’m quite positive we will make it into the playoffs now, beating Memphis 1 out of 2 should be doable but the team is exhausted already. If we make it to play Lakers we should rest the whole team in Game 1, honestly.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
What is is with people and the Suns' own social account acting like they did something extraordinary and that this is absolutely heartbreaking for them?

You sucked from October through March, you finished 10th and you simply had your first 8-game winning streak in probably forever. Kudos for that but hat's it ffs, move on and prepare for next season to actually try and finish inside the best 8 next time, instead of making such a drama out of it. Feck sake.

Sarni

What is is with people and the Suns' own social account acting like they did something extraordinary and that this is absolutely heartbreaking for them?

You sucked from October through March, you finished 10th and you simply had your first 8-game winning streak in probably forever. Kudos for that but hat's it ffs, move on and prepare for next season to actually try and finish inside the best 8 next time, instead of making such a drama out of it. Feck sake.
To be honest I get them. They were invited here, went 8-0 and still couldn’t make it into play-in ahead of a team that went 2-6 only because Bucks handed them a game on final day, due to having inferior H2H. NBA should have done better with the formula of seeding games. They should have just not invited Phoenix, it was clear for the start it would take a miracle for them to make postseason, a miracle happened and they are still out.

SportingCP96

Supports
Happy for Portland and Huge game from Nurkic.

Melo has been a huge addition to this team. Great impact and the amount of clutch shots from the man at the end of games makes me so happy for him. Hit another one again today.

I cant believe folks really tried to argue Dudley was better :houllier:

Well done Portland and I will be rooting for them against the lakers! I hope for a great season bur I think LA will be too much for them.

SportingCP96

Supports
He shot 5 for 15 today. You could at least post that stuff after he has a good game.
I have posted it even when he has played better then today.

Nonetheless it is pretty un debatable to think that jared Dudley is a superior player and or is more valuable to a team than Melo. I don't want to start the pointless debate again when we have already been shown what the answer is but still. In fact many here said he should be out the league. That point as well was another very terrible one.

At least just admit how wrong your take was mate :drool:;) No one can be right all the time.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Since you started it though:

185 players had enough minutes to qualify for BPM. Carmelo was 178th. Of the 7 players worse than him, there are 5 rookies, 1 second year player (Anfernee Simons) and 1 third year player (Dillon Brooks).

144 of 185 in PER
165 of 196 in TS%
175 of 185 in WS/48

Carmelo is straight up terrible and shouldn't be in the league.

Just awful.

SportingCP96

Supports

185 players had enough minutes to qualify for BPM. Carmelo was 178th. Of the 7 players worse than him, there are 5 rookies, 1 second year player (Anfernee Simons) and 1 third year player (Dillon Brooks).

144 of 185 in PER
165 of 196 in TS%
175 of 185 in WS/48

Just awful.
Every player, pundit, analyst, whatever you want to call it says other wise.

But ok Dudley over Melo in your world ;)

ThierryHenry

Playoffs starting today. :cool:

Especially ideal that the first game (Jazz vs. Nuggets) is on at a respectable time in the UK. Hoping for the Jazz to win, cause I like Donovon Mitchell, and feck Stan Kroenke.

Sarni

Playoffs starting today. :cool:

Especially ideal that the first game (Jazz vs. Nuggets) is on at a respectable time in the UK. Hoping for the Jazz to win, cause I like Donovon Mitchell, and feck Stan Kroenke.
Jazz have no chance here. Their team was paper thin already and now Conley has left to attend the birth of his child so they'll be running a team of Clarkson, Mitchell, Ingles, O'Neale and Gobert with basically no bench out there. It will be Nuggets in 5 or maximum 6.

ThierryHenry

Jazz have no chance here. Their team was paper thin already and now Conley has left to attend the birth of his child so they'll be running a team of Clarkson, Mitchell, Ingles, O'Neale and Gobert with basically no bench out there. It will be Nuggets in 5 or maximum 6.
Yeah, I read that their core line-up is something like +38 in the bubble, with every other option losing horrifically. Hoping that means they can keep it competitive in every game, but clearly won't be easy. And again, feck Stan Kroenke.

Sarni

144 of 185 in PER
165 of 196 in TS%
175 of 185 in WS/48

Just awful.
He's dreadful on defense but has provided us with enough offense to compensate for that at times, and has helped us get into playoffs. The whole team is embarrassing defensively which also reflects in his stats. I don't trust PER that much either, Hassan Whiteside is 11th in the league this season and he's been mostly bad to average.

Those true shooting stats look off... he's 38.3% from three, 43% from the field and 84.5% from FT. How can he end up so low with those stats? He should be around average at worst.

ThierryHenry

Now my first-time watching an NBA game live, including the build-up. Is the pre-game sax solo a common occurrence? :lol: Not sure if it's just because of the Jazz, but I had that, followed by a Barry-White style announcer with more sax in the background running through the teams.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Good game so far. Thought it wouldn't be this close, I have some money on Denver and Toronto -7.5 tonight so hopefully the Nuggets get out with the W in this 4th quarter.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Jokic with the full-court heave and the Nuggets back in front.

So good to have playoff basketball at last. Coupled with the PL being back, the NFL starting, and the Tour de France, September is gonna be sports heaven for me.

ThierryHenry

Denver look the better side but Mitchell is dominating them. If he stays hot I think Utah will sneak the win.

Sarni

What a game! Not sure how Denver haven’t pulled away, Mitchell has been amazing but they actually have Juwan Morgan starting and playing 25 minutes for them, I bet 95% of NBA fans don’t even know he exists.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Denver look the better side but Mitchell is dominating them. If he stays hot I think Utah will sneak the win.
He's on fire, fecking hell :lol: Luckily Jokic and Murray are too.

Tense quarter, gotta love playoff basketball! Even without a crowd you just sense that the intensity is different.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
What could have been had the Nuggets clung to Donovan Mitchell...

Probably title contenders alongside Lakers/Milwaukee.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Jamal Murray is only 23 years old. D-Mitchell too. You forget that sometimes, seems like they've been in the league like forever.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So this game is over after the first quarter, as expected.

They had better put the Lakers in some of these 7pm or 10pm CET slots :( Nothing better than some morning basketball at the West coast.

Sarni

What could have been had the Nuggets clung to Donovan Mitchell...

Probably title contenders alongside Lakers/Milwaukee.
They wouldn’t have drafted him and they wouldn’t have got Michael Porter.