NBA 2020-2021

RooneyLegend

The Clippers can't still be running this offense that doesn't make sense. They need to trade George for a high quality point guard of some sort.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The Clippers can't still be running this offense that doesn't make sense. They need to trade George for a high quality point guard of some sort.
Who do you think would make sense, taking into account trade feasibility?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Who do you think would make sense, taking into account trade feasibility?
It is going to be difficult b/c of his new contract.

Removing Westbrook/Wall and the young ones

Salary and other pieces required (somewhat) aside:
Conley - Not sure Utah would do it.
Olidipo - PG back in Indy would be hilarious.
Rozier - Not nearly enough back.
Lavine - KL would murder him

I'm running out of ideas.

LA is not gettting a top tier player back for PG13. Not with that contract.

RORY65

They can't trade Paul George this season now anyway and I would imagine by then either Harden will have been traded or some other team will be in place to make a better offer. You are right though that they need to find a facilitating point guard from somewhere.

JPRouve

Scout
He is more of a shooting guard and would his iso game fit with Kawhi? Also if I'm not mistaken the Clippers don't have much to offer since they gave everything to acquire PG who is less valuable than Harden.

It is going to be difficult b/c of his new contract.

Removing Westbrook/Wall and the young ones

Salary and other pieces required (somewhat) aside:
Conley - Not sure Utah would do it.
Olidipo - PG back in Indy would be hilarious.
Rozier - Not nearly enough back.
Lavine - KL would murder him

I'm running out of ideas.

LA is not gettting a top tier player back for PG13. Not with that contract.
I don't see why Utah would trade their starting point guard for PG who is playing the same roles than Bogadanovic and Mitchell. Olapdio isn't really a point guard nor is Lavine but there is probably a three team trade possible for Rozier. The market for point guards is very small.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He is more of a shooting guard and would his iso game fit with Kawhi? Also if I'm not mistaken the Clippers don't have much to offer since they gave everything to acquire PG who is less valuable than Harden.

I don't see why Utah would trade their starting point guard for PG who is playing the same roles than Bogadanovic and Mitchell. Olapdio isn't really a point guard nor is Lavine but there is probably a three team trade possible for Rozier. The market for point guards is very small.
That was kind of my point. While there are a plethora of really good PG's in the NBA right now they are all, for one reason or another, not a great fit for a PG13 trade. Rozier might, I stress might (because this is the Hornets we are talking about) be a good option. Next year they may want to turn things over to Ball and Rozier is blocking him. The only thing I know is that I enjoy watching bad things happen to the Clippers. I can't help it, I was born a Laker fan :).

JPRouve

Scout
That was kind of my point. While there are a plethora of really good PG's in the NBA right now they are all, for one reason or another, not a great fit for a PG13 trade. Rozier might, I stress might (because this is the Hornets we are talking about) be a good option. Next year they may want to turn things over to Ball and Rozier is blocking him. The only thing I know is that I enjoy watching bad things happen to the Clippers. I can't help it, I was born a Laker fan :).
An option that could fit the Clippers is Rubio but I would prefer to see Russell go. :angel:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
An option that could fit the Clippers is Rubio but I would prefer to see Russell go. :angel:
Oh man, I would love to see DLo at the Clippers. At least Levine plays hard. Man KL would absolutely murder him when DLo went DLo in the playoffs.

RooneyLegend

He's actually more of a point guard. He's a primary ball handler with great distribution. If they get him in some pick and roll action with some shooters around he'll collapse defences all over. The clippers really have no one doing just that.

The Rockets need to move Harden and really aren't getting any offers with a genuine all star involved. With wall there George would be a good option for then there.

RooneyLegend

They can't trade Paul George this season now anyway and I would imagine by then either Harden will have been traded or some other team will be in place to make a better offer. You are right though that they need to find a facilitating point guard from somewhere.
Why can't they trade Paul George now.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

RooneyLegend

RooneyLegend

"At least for the 2020-21 season, though, George isn't going anywhere. The timing of his extension means he won't be trade eligible until after the 2021 NBA trade deadline. (The league is reportedly targeting March 25 for the trade deadline, and George will have a trade restriction until April 9.) "
Three takeaways from Paul George's massive contract extension with Clippers | Sporting News
Just read that article, the Clippers are run by clowns, who gives a 31 year old such a contract especially one who's come short In the playoffs. In a team without an offensive system that makes sense? wow.

RORY65

Just read that article, the Clippers are run by clowns, who gives a 31 year old such a contract especially one who's come short In the playoffs. In a team without an offensive system that makes sense? wow.
They gave up so much to get Paul George because otherwise they wouldn't Kawhi and I guess they didn't want to go into this year with their 2 best players both on expiring deals. I think it's clear that they wanted to be in LA so the likelihood is that they were going to stay regardless but at least they have PG locked up and only have to worry about Kawhi.

I suspect if they come up short in the play offs again, as they probably will, that they might start looking at possible trades but if they hadn't given him the contract they couldn't do anything with him next offseason apart from give him the same deal with no possibility of trading him or lose him and get nothing in return.

JPRouve

Scout
They did the right thing, the alternative was to let him go for nothing. PG is still a very good "robin" and one of the best two way players in the league, he has value on the trade market with that contract. A value that he didn't have before the extension because no one was going to give valuable assets for an expiring contract.

RooneyLegend

They did the right thing, the alternative was to let him go for nothing. PG is still a very good "robin" and one of the best two way players in the league, he has value on the trade market with that contract. A value that he didn't have before the extension because no one was going to give valuable assets for an expiring contract.
They should have been looking for trade opportunities immediately after last season. They had the same exact problem last year.

RORY65

No one would have given them a thing while Paul George's contract was expiring.
Plus what point guard are they trading a $35m contract for? Westbrook or John Wall maybe but Kawhi and one of those 2 isn't enough, it seemed like they thought they could get Rondo who was obviously a much cheaper option.

JPRouve

Scout
Plus what point guard are they trading a $35m contract for? Westbrook or John Wall maybe but Kawhi and one of those 2 isn't enough, it seemed like they thought they could get Rondo who was obviously a much cheaper option.
The Nets could have gone with Diwinddle as their starting PG and swapped Irving for George just because Irving is a bit of a pain. But the Clippers would have had to add future picks due to George player option for 2021.

RORY65

The Nets could have gone with Diwinddle as their starting PG and swapped Irving for George just because Irving is a bit of a pain. But the Clippers would have had to add future picks due to George player option for 2021.
I think there was no chance of that happening until the Nets had a chance to actually see Kyrie and KD together, if it doesn't work or Kyrie being a pain becomes an issue for Durant (who is the guy that everyone wanted, they just had to accept that Kyrie was part of the deal) then that might become an option but last summer I think the only point guards on big contracts who were available off the top of my head were Westbrook, Wall, Chris Paul and presumably Kyle Lowry.

JPRouve

Scout
I think there was no chance of that happening until the Nets had a chance to actually see Kyrie and KD together, if it doesn't work or Kyrie being a pain becomes an issue for Durant (who is the guy that everyone wanted, they just had to accept that Kyrie was part of the deal) then that might become an option but last summer I think the only point guards on big contracts who were available off the top of my head were Westbrook, Wall, Chris Paul and presumably Kyle Lowry.
I mentioned Kyrie because he was the only one actually doable with George's contract. Lowry for George would make no sense when you consider that the Raptor's SG spot is already filled with arguably one of the best SG in the league, it would be a lateral move and the other three have contracts that the Clippers would struggle to match in a trade.

JPRouve

Scout
Not true, Spurs got DeRozen for Kawhi when his contract was expiring.
DeRozan is a significantly lesser player than Khawi, it wasn't a good trade for the Spurs who got rid of Khawi because he was being disruptive. If your goal is to get rid of George and get a lesser player then yes many teams will help you.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So should I not be this excited about THT for the Lakers. I love watching him play defense and his shooting has been lights out since the preseason. If this is real the Lakers have another late draft steal and baby Buss needs a banner in the rafters.

Charlie Foley

We've shut him down, but we've also struggled to score, which is why they're leading by a decent amount.
Rest of the warriors not taking the open looks they’re getting this half with all the focus on Steph. He’s not been good himself though

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Rest of the warriors not taking the open looks they’re getting this half with all the focus on Steph. He’s not been good himself though
Yeah, after doing alright in the first half, they've struggled, but we've also gotten better at getting the rebounds and stopping the 2nd chances.

Charlie Foley

Yeah, after doing alright in the first half, they've struggled, but we've also gotten better at getting the rebounds and stopping the 2nd chances.
Probably True. Some straight up bad misses on our part though. Funny how we view things based on our team.

very happy to win that as I would have been furious had we lost but a pathetic 4th quarter. Thought the “foul” that won it for us was a joke but refs were bad on both ends tonight

SinNombre

Strong bench for the warriors though. After that start, no one would have guessed 6-4

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
So should I not be this excited about THT for the Lakers. I love watching him play defense and his shooting has been lights out since the preseason. If this is real the Lakers have another late draft steal and baby Buss needs a banner in the rafters.
I will not regret this post :)
Talen Horton-Tucker will be the reason why we will win trophy number 18 in July :cool: